Keto-like healthy eating

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
I have recently been following a "Keto-like" diet, not to lose weight, but to try and help my auto-immune disease. I have been focusing on eating a lot of veggies, some fruit, and healthy fats. I'm staying away from sugar, flour and grains. I have never loved eating meat, but have been doing okay with eating lean meats as well as seafood. Oh, and I'm dairy free o_O.

Can anyone give me any tips? I'm thinking of bringing some hard-boiled eggs (flying, so will have to pack in luggage with cool-packs). Anything else I can pack or have sent? Any go-to restaurants that you've had great luck with? Just looking for some ideas since this is all still pretty new to me, and a bit overwhelming thinking about trying to eat well in Disney!

Last edited:
Hi
I frequently pick up a couple of Bristo Boxes from Starbucks
I am not sure they would work for a *Keto* diet though.
insidestarbucksprotein.jpg

Hugs
Mel

I frequently pick up a couple of Bristo Boxes from Starbucks
I am not sure they would work for a *Keto* diet though.
Thanks, Mel. I just updated my post to be more specific. It's good to know I can get this for the eggs and fruit!

Keto Like diet and Low carb/Modified Atkins diets require high fat, protein, low carb.

Be careful with some fruits/veggies they are higher carb than you realize.
Meats: Bacon and high fat are a staple of this way of eating.

I wish you luck, Disney is good with accommodating most diets.

I eat Modified Atkins for seizure control for 4 years now.

I have recently been following a "Keto-like" diet, not to lose weight, but to try and help my auto-immune disease. I have been focusing on eating a lot of veggies, some fruit, and healthy fats. I'm staying away from sugar, flour and grains. I have never loved eating meat, but have been doing okay with eating lean meats as well as seafood. Oh, and I'm dairy free o_O.

Can anyone give me any tips? I'm thinking of bringing some hard-boiled eggs (flying, so will have to pack in luggage with cool-packs). Anything else I can pack or have sent? Any go-to restaurants that you've had great luck with? Just looking for some ideas since this is all still pretty new to me, and a bit overwhelming thinking about trying to eat well in Disney!
You can get hard boiled eggs at the resorts' food courts/QS as well as whole and cut up fruit and vegetable salads. Greek yogurt is sold in vanilla, plain, and some mixed fruit varieties.

I've been following a low carb maintenance diet and avoiding heavily processed foods for 2 decades in order to prevent various ailments that run in my family; so far, so good. With that in mind I avoid most Disney QS eateries and TS buffets to concentrate of the TS restaurants that can better fulfill my chosen style of eating. Some will say it's more expensive to eat in this manner but a hospital stay or a lifetime of meds cost even more.

You'll find WDW easy to continue following your life diet:).

Last edited:
Where are you staying? If you have even a small fridge you can at least have some breakfast foods or snack foods there that can help you stay on track.

I eat a primal diet which is very similar to what you describe: no dairy, sugar or grains, all of which disagree with me in various ways. I’ve found that most sit-down eateries can substitute some kind of veggies for any grains or potatoes in an entree. There are also some stands that sell fruit to snack on. A treat I allow myself is the nice, cold pineapple spear dipped in dark chocolate that is sold in the circus area of the MK.

It can be done! Have fun!

:sunny:

I’ve been Keto for 3 months now and headed to Disney in June. My plan is buffets so I have lots of options to choose from. Good luck!

I am going to be traveling there for the first time I changed my daily diet. I plan to look for restaurants that serve the most "whole" items. Salads, carving stations, fruits and veggies, seafood.... I know how great the chefs are there so I'm not worried about asking to have things made special to avoid items I shouldn't eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter