Kidani parking question

ladydi24

Earning My Ears
I'm looking at a map of Kidani and it looks as if you can park underneath one side of the resort? Can you also park underneath the side where the pool area? I can't tell with this resort map. So if I'm brining a car should I request being on the side with parking available?

Yes, there is parking under both sides of the lobby, until about half way down the hallways. That means, of course, that there are rooms that are farther down the hall than the parking area. On the side with the pool, it ends about the fourth or fifth bead, and I think the same on the other side. On the Jambo side, there is an extension of parking outside the area under the building.

The under-building parking garage at Kidani runs throughout both wings of the building, not just half-way. I have been at the end of the garage on the north wing and it is right at the end of the bulding structures. There are three elevators on each of the two wings, one near the lobby and two more down the hallway that all go to the garage, with the result that you can usually park fairly close to your room no matter where it is.

Actually, the garage runs closer to halfway down the building on the side with the pool. I know. We have stayed at the end of that hall. The last elevator is about 3 beads from the end of the hall, and the last elevator is very close to the end of the parking area. It doesn't go to th end of the building on that side. On the side closer to Jambo, yes, it does come very close to the end of the building, but, once again, the elevator that goes down to the parking garage is about 2-3 beads away from the end of the building. So, while your car might be directly beneath your room, it may not be close to the elevator, particularly if you are at the end of the hall. I've stayed at the end of that hallway, too. It would be nice if there were some way to get down to ground level from that end, but there isn't, so, you need to back track a way to get back to the elevator, approx. one third the way to the lobby. It is peaceful and quiet, and there isn't much traffic there, on the positive side of situation.

Still don't agree. Here is the map of Kidani http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg That north wing (left side of the map) has 9 building units running from the lobby with the last one being a half typed sized unit. The last elevator on the north is between the sixth and seventh building units where you see the red AED marker on the map. I have parked at the end of the 7th building unit and looked down the garage and seen that the parking continues at least until the end of the 8th building unit but saw no cars there because no one wants to park that far from that elevator.

Still don't agree. Here is the map of Kidani http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg That north wing (left side of the map) has 9 building units running from the lobby with the last one being a half typed sized unit. The last elevator on the north is between the sixth and seventh building units where you see the red AED marker on the map. I have parked at the end of the 7th building unit and looked down the garage and seen that the parking continues at least until the end of the 8th building unit but saw no cars there because no one wants to park that far from that elevator.

We just stayed in 7668 and the parking garage did continue past our building to the last building.

That's interesting, because I stayed in 7851 last June, and would drive all the way down to the end of the parking area. All of the places would be full, and we would turn the car around, and sometimes, we would end up parking between the second and third elevators. 7851 is only about halfway down the hallway. The closest elevator, by a long shot, is the last elevator, and, from that elevator, you can see the end of the parking area. I guess it depends on when you take your vacation how full the parking garage is, maybe also on when you come to park. Most people, quite logically and sensibly, are going to take parking spaces that are closer to where they are going. So, if there are spaces near the elevator closest to their room, they are going to park there. Simple common sense logic. So, I don't attribute laziness/unwillingness to walk to people who park closest to where they are needing to go. Nor, would I park furthest from my room, if there are spaces nearby, simply because that is just plain illogical. But, you are free to park wherever you wish.

I'm not sure who is right but, if you look at the Kidani map you will see that the last elevator lobby is between the sixth and seventh bead from the lobby. It's where the red AeD emblem is located. There are beads 7, 8 and 9 after the elevator. However the parking still extends beyond that elevator at least two beads and then it dead ends. I had to park at the very end once. And another time we drove to the very end looking for parking near that elevator and had to turn around at the end and we drove back a several beads before finding parking.

KidaniVillageMap_zpsbc971599.jpg

By the way there is exterior parking on pool the side near the pool. It's a very small lot though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter