Kim's maintenance rollercoaster. Wanna ride along? (all are welcome)

Hey Kimmy!!!
Hope ya had a great BOOM BOOM day!!!

(4th of July you perv!! :thumbsup2 )

:hug: Kim,

How is your knee feeling? I hope you had a great 4th of July and that you have a great week ahead!:hug:

Hey guys! :goodvibes

Well, as of 1pm today, my knee is feeling no pain. :laughing: Have I mentioned how much I love my ortho doc? He's awesome. He said I'm one of the only patients that has ever ASKED for a cortisone shot. :rotfl: I just know how much better my hip felt after the shot back in November. So we went for it in my knee. :eek: Gotta admit, I was scared, but he sprayed some numbing stuff on there, so it didn't hurt, just felt really weird. He suggested icing it tonight and continuing with my stretching. He said to give it a few more days of rest and then I can start running a little bit again. He also suggested the eliptical and bike riding (shout out, Aim ;) ) as cross-training, so that the only exercise I get isn't just pounding the pavement. So I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Maybe I'll start back in with a bike ride one night this week. I'm just excited to be able to walk without the pain in my knee. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for checking in on me. Oh, and my boom boom day was ok. Nothing spectacular - mostly yardwork. :headache:

Not sure what's going on, but my knee is really sore and stiff today. I did ice it last night and will again today. Hopefully it's just a weird/difficult spot to heal and it will just take some time. :confused3

Hey Kim,

I can't believe you asked for a cortisone shot!! I'm terrified of needles, so I'd avoid that option if at all possible. On the other hand, I think it's a testament to how much pain you've been in and how effective the hip shot was. I do hope that your knee pain is temporary and that icing it works.

As for XT, add me to the chorus of voices recommending the bike (maybe spinning classes?) and elliptical. My gym just got some nifty ARC trainers that are a hybrid between ellipticals and stair climbers. They allow your natural hip movement to dictate the machines movement, so you can do more of a run (elliptical) or a climb (stairs) without the impact. Let me tell you, it's quite a workout--a bit odd until you get used to it, but good. If your gym (can't remember if you belong to one, now that I think of it) has an ARC trainer I suggest trying them.

Anyway, I hope you're doing well overall. Please know how much I admire your persistence and dedication to running.

You know, it's pretty weird how I don't have a fear of surgery (as long as it'll make me better) or needles (as long as I can watch it go in so I'm not surprised). Again, as long as the end result is feeling better, or figuring out how to feel better....then I'm all for it. Since I got such relief from the cortisone shot in my hip, I figured why not go for it in my knee. Who would've known it would be so different! :headache:

My knee is definitely getting better. The pain "grabs" me less and less, but it's still quite stiff. Hopefully it'll continue to feel better. :thumbsup2

Hey Kim! You know...My Physical Therapist recommended some exercises to help my knee. They are strenthening for my quads and hams, but also the hips. He really things that strenthening the hips can help with the knees. Apparently all this stuff is connected! Who knew? :goodvibes

I'm glad the shot is helping. Hopefully you can find a way to find a nice balance between the pain and the running.

Hope you guys have a nice weekend!
Stacie

Needles don't scare me....pain scares me!!
The shot should help...it might take a little more time than the hip did. Hope it loosens up soon!
Have a great weekend girl....take it easy!

ree

Hey guys. Sorry to be MIA. Not much to report. I'm slowly getting better. :) My plan for this week is to attempt a brisk walk. :rolleyes: How's that for exciting?

Thanks for checking up on me! :goodvibes

I'm glad to hear that you've been experiencing less pain & that you're up for walking this week. Let us know how you feel afterwards. PD headed your way! :goodvibes

um....kim.......everything ok?
I'm calling you in about 10 minutes....you better answer the phone!!

love ya!!!
ree

Hey guys. Thanks for checking in on me. :hug:

I'm going through some personal issues right now, and will not be posting on here for a little while. I am ok, and will be fine - so please don't worry. I promise I'll be back.

I will be following along with your journals and will post occassionally on those. Please know that whether I'm posting or not...I think about you all quite often and thank God for you. :goodvibes

Hi Kim. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. I hope everything will be ok. :hug:

Stacie

:hug: Kim

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. :hug: If there's anything that we can do for you, please let us know. :hug:

Take good care of you, sweetie! :hug:

Kim,

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending PD your way. :wizard: Let me know if there's anything I can do. :hug:

Hang in there girl.
We are ALL here for you.

I consider you the nice sister I never got.:hug:
Love you!
ree

Elvis wants to know if you are coming to Graceland any time soon....he says the Jungle Room has your name written ALLLLL over it!!! :thumbsup2 ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter