kodak p850

clori

DIS Veteran
with out automatically putting down kodak what are the pros/cons of this camera. I realize it isn't pocket size and I'm okay with that. I found it before for $350 with coupon codes from www.techbargains.com. I am a point and shoot person but my dh knows a bit more about traditional cameras since his father is a professional photographer for magazine advertising.

I haven't seen this camera and haven't found much on it review-wise. Just this from Cnet.com:

" CNET product brief
Description: The Kodak EasyShare P850 is a 5.1-megapixel, point-and-shoot camera. Compared to other point-and-shoot digital cameras on the market, it is expensive at around $445. Includes Kodak EasyShare software.

Pros: Has a 12x optical zoom, which is somewhat more powerful than some similarly priced digital cameras. Also, this digital camera has a 2.5 inch viewscreen, which is somewhat larger than some similarly priced digital cameras. This camera also offers control of several exposure modes including aperture-priority, shutter-priority, manual, and program mode. This unit supports RAW picture files, which makes color adjustments in software much easier.

Cons: Weighs in at 14.2 ounces weight, which is heavier than some similarly priced digital cameras.

Suitability: Designed for the average, casual picture-taker. This model has a hot shoe terminal which allows you attach an external flash to accomodate poor lighting conditions. A recommended use, based on key features, is framed photos for the home. The largest recommend print size, estimated from the camera's resolution, is 10x14.

Value: Overall, this digital camera's features are in line with its price. However, the average price of point-and-shoot cameras with comparable resolution is quite a bit less, around $310."

If the camera works as advertised it sounds like a it could be a great camera! A 12x zoom is equivalent to a 36 to 432mm lense with an f-stop at f2.8-3.7.

I am not going to put down Kodak. For one thing I was born in Rochester NY!
And our first digital camera (up until a month ago when we bought a digital SLR) was a Kodak DC4800. I cannot comment on the one you are looking at (but the description sounds great).

I am not a point and shoot kind of person. I owned a totally manual SLR for 30 years and just could not give up that kind of control to a stupid camera!
So with our Kodak we took over the iso, the shutter and aperature, white balance--(anything we could control-we did!) and became quite good at it. Believe me, we have a much better imagination than a camera has. Anyway, what I am saying is that if you are a point and shoot person, this sounds like a great camera. But it sounds like it would give your husband something to work with
This camera also offers control of several exposure modes including aperture-priority, shutter-priority, manual, and program mode.
. It also has the ability to take an external flash which is nice. We bought one for our Kodak and it helped a bit.

I just looked it up on dpreview . That is one great camera! Lots of manual settings.

Happy shopping!

I am no photo expert and i basically just focus & shoot, last summer before we went to disney we bought easy share 7630 its digital and all og our pictures were great. A friend used it to take my daughters wedding pictures and we have printed 8x10s and different sizes with no blurry effects i love my little kodak. It has a great zoom and lots of extras paid about 300.00 for it at sams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter