Kristina and Alan's PJ Back from Orlando meeting with Stacey July 9, 2009

Disneywedding2010

DIS Veteran
Okay I've read through a few of these and I can honestly say they have helped me to figure this whole planning thing out. The first few I read I was overwhelmed, LOL. Then I had a night a few nights ago where I couldn't sleep and I sat down and figured everything out (for the most part). I called Disney and told them the date I want and such. I'm just waiting to hear from a wedding coordinator.

I orginally had all the little details figured out from the flowers, to cake flavor, etc etc. The only thing I could not figure out is where we wanted the actual ceremony. The Grand Floridian was easy enough for me to choose because we both wanted a dance floor. Alan's only request was that he could dance our first dance as husband and wife to Kenny Chesney's "You Save Me" (song has very special meaning that I may later on while planning share with you).

Well once I figured out where the reception was it wasn't difficult at all to decide, "Well duh Kristina the WP is right next door just do that." I looked at the pictures online of the WP and Grand Floridian and it helped me to decide. My only worry about the WP is we will only have about 50 people (if they all show) BUT I've been reading that some people have had less then that and its been beautiful so my fears kind of diminished.

Even though I have for the most part figured out everything we are still planning on making a trip out there in July to see everything in person and to meet with the coordinator in person. I'm the type of person that likes to have things planned out so this wedding coordinator is going to love me cause I have a notebook with every little detail wrote down, LOL.

I'm calling the wedding coordinator back on Monday.. She called this morning and I missed the call. I have our reservations booked at SSR for July 7-11th. We are taking a short trip down there to meet with them and to just hang out for a few days.

Hello & welcome!

I just want to say that it is overwhelming at first, then once you see ideas, it gives you your own ideas and it all works out from there. The WP is a great venue choice, and i have seen small groups of ten people in there so any size party would be okay.

Good luck with all your planning and i cant wait to hear more!

:goodvibes

Hi there! Congrats and welcome!! :goodvibes I think it's awesome you've got a lot of your details figured out! There's so much that goes into it, so the more you know sooner, the better it seems! :thumbsup2 And you're definitely right! Your WC will love that you know what you want!

Oh, and as I'm sure you already know, beautiful dress!

Hi welcome. I love the dresses you picked out. I am having the same thoughts about the WP I only have 30 people but i think I am still going to go with it. Also good choice with Kenny Chesney Song I love him.

Hey Kristina! I am a Feb 2010 bride too! What date are you looking at? We are 2/8/10 at the WP then Atlantic Dance Hall. I think the WP looks amazing with even 2 people so good choice (but I may be biased lol)

I know all the planning can seem very overwhelming at first, but that is the great thing about the boards. We have all been there (or are going to be there at some point lol) so there is so much wonderful support around here! It is a great place to log all your ideas and keep everything organized (and "borrow" an idea or two from other DisBrides who have been there lol)

Can't wait to follow along:goodvibes

MAY 19, 2009

My first phone call with Stacey!!

We have dates on reserve right now..

Feb 15th 230pm at Wedding Pavilion
Cocktail Hour 3:30 - 4:30 White Hall
Reception 430 - 830
Fireworks 830 - 930

I'm so excited!! Now I'm waiting for her to send me emails about everything we talked about..

YAY!!! Thats so exciting!!! I think your choices are very logical and you are only two weeks after us!!!!

I was super concerned about the WP being too big b/c we are only having 50-60 people too. Then we looked at it when we were doing site visits b/c its the rain location for the castle. I really liked it - especially when our coordinator turned the music on - it suddenly became very magical. Some people do weddings there with as few as 10 people - so I am sure you will be fine.

When you see it in person its look sooooo much better than the pictures. Everyone always says that the pictures don't do it justice and its true!

Welcome and congrats! I had Stacey too, she is incredible! I was really sad to get a planner and leave her! I can't wait to read more of your plans, your color choices sound awesome!

Okay we are back from meeting with Stacey!! OMG the wedding pavilion in person is BEAUTIFUL!! The aisle wasn't as long as I thought it was, :). I took two of my bridesmaids with me and they are all wanting to do vow renewals there now, lol. She gave me all the paperwork and such and I got most of her emails responded to. Now we are waiting on the contract to be sent to us so we can sign it. It seems more real now that I've seen everything. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter