Landry's Card

I was going to get the Landry card in order to call and get a Yak & Yeti reservation (completely sold out on Disney reservation system) but called Yak & Yeti first. They asked if I had a card and I said not yet, but they gave me a reservation anyway. So, I never got a card (we don’t have any Landry restaurants in my local area that I know of so not worth it to me)

We have a trip coming in Sept and were thinking about buying the card. DH’s birthday is also in Sept. They wouldn’t let us use both $25 credits in one transaction, correct?

Both my daughters and my Birthday are in June. So we either go to Rainforest or Bubba Gump at MOA. We just have them split the checks and then use 1 Birthday Reward on each check. Never had a problem doing that.

Both my daughters and my Birthday are in June. So we either go to Rainforest or Bubba Gump at MOA. We just have them split the checks and then use 1 Birthday Reward on each check. Never had a problem doing that.
Thank you! Good to know 🙂

So...I know a lot of people have these Landry's cards and use them to get hard to get reservations while on vacation. I'm thinking about signing up for one but I have a "crazy" concern. Does anyone ever worry that Disney/Landry's will eventually say that these cards are no longer going to be accepted/excluded at Disney since so many are being used. My fear is to get one, show up at a restaurant and to be turned away. We don't have any Landry's restaurants near us so I hesitate to spend $25 and then not be able to get that back. If this hypothetical ever happened...do we think we would be given notice. This is basically the main reason I've hesitated to get one. Also, is there a time period that you have to sign up for it by before you can use it?
We don't have any Landry restaurants near us either, but I have a card and we have gotten lots of benefit from it. The $25 fee, you get back instantly for your first meal. I have always made a reservation in advance, because I don't like leaving it up to chance. I also made my birthday month the month we always visit Disney, so I get the birthday credit when we'll use it.

You each have your own card, correct? I think the PP only has One account. In that case, no, I do not think you can use the first visit AND the birthday reward on one transaction.

How long does it take to get your card? Is it something you can get right away? I leave for WDW this weekend and have Yak & Yeti reservations next week.

TIA

You each have your own card, correct? I think the PP only has One account. In that case, no, I do not think you can use the first visit AND the birthday reward on one transaction.
Correct. We each have our own card. I misread and thought they both had Birthdays the same month. You cant use the welcome offer and birthday offer at the same time. Thanks for catching that.

How long does it take to get your card? Is it something you can get right away? I leave for WDW this weekend and have Yak & Yeti reservations next week.

I signed up April 4th and didn't get card until this past Friday. I was starting to get nervous since we fly out May 1st. I did call and was told you just need the phone number tied to the card. I have reservation for TREX on arrival day and hoping to use it to get in to Yak & Yeti. Thinking about calling direct for a reservation but this is just a maybe for us for now.

Just want to update this thread with my most recent experience.
I signed up online yesterday. After 20 minutes, I received an email with my card number. Then I called Yak & Yeti to make a reservation for July 4th at the exact time I wanted. There has been no availability on Disney's website. So the card definitely gives me the advantages.

It’s been a few years since it happened, but Rainforest Cafe wouldn’t let my friend do a party of 7 with the card. It was actually 6 and a toddler who she offered to hold on her lap, but they wouldn’t budge. Never had an issue anywhere else though.

I was going to get the Landry card in order to call and get a Yak & Yeti reservation (completely sold out on Disney reservation system) but called Yak & Yeti first. They asked if I had a card and I said not yet, but they gave me a reservation anyway. So, I never got a card (we don’t have any Landry restaurants in my local area that I know of so not worth it to me)
Just to clarify with the Landry's card, there is a pecking order when you check in that determines how fast you will get a table in the following from fastest to longest:
1. Landry's card with reservation
2. Landry's card without reservation
3. Reservation with no Landry's card
4. No reservation or Landry's card when walkup is available

Please note that Landry's card without a reservation gets in faster than no card with a reservation and isn't dependent on walk-ups being available.

Pro Tip: if you buy the card while you are there, the $25 credit might not show up for 24 hours. Do it in advance to be sure you will be able to use the credit.

I thought I remembered seeing some reports at least early on that they WERE limiting it at Yak & Yeti (possibly because they were not able to honor the ADRs that had been made in a reasonable time?). Maybe that's been lifted now/

Pre-covid I signed up specifically to have the option to eat at Yak & Yeti without a reservation and it worked great. While I could have made an ADR, I wasn't sure what time we'd be ready for lunch, and I didn't want to have to plan around a mid-day ADR. When we got hungry, we wandered over, told them I was a Landry's member, and we were seated within 5 minutes.

I just called today with my Landry's card and was able to make a reservation for Yak & Yeti using my card for a day that has no availability through Disney's ADR system. They take reservations starting only exactly 60 days before the visit date (not 60+ like ADRs). Very useful so I don't have to stalk it now (I did try to do it through Disney on my 60+ day and was unsuccessful). When I called T-Rex they said they are not doing call in, Landry's card reservations any more. They said everything goes through Disney's website. Has anyone had success very recently for walk-in meals at T-Rex with the card?

Can someone post the phone number to call Yak and Yeti direct for reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter