Laurie & Kyle 1/16/10 Wedding PJ **TR Started Beach Party & Bio Bay Up**

Okay, it has definitely been awhile since I posted, life has been pretty crazy. I lost my grandmother about a month ago, after a 5 year battle with cancer, then we lost DF's grandmother about 2 weeks ago from a stroke. So needless to say I have been a little off.

I got excited because we are only two months out! :cool1: I really can not believe how fast the time has gone. I have gotten a lot done, it has helped keep me sane. All the menus, bag tags, and favor tags are done, I can post pictures tonight. I am still attempting to make these panel fans, I have just been waiting to print them because of DF's grandmother and the memorial panel I put in it.

We changed the centerpieces because my wedding planner pretty much didn't want to do the floating candle ones because they can get knocked and the candle would go out, soo I decided to semi copy the centerpieces my mom did for my bridal shower, except with roses. So we are doing one long table with roses in blue square vases and pillar candles.

My WP has kind of been pissing me off, by making some rude comments, her last email to me had me fuming. I'm trying to not take it personal since it is not my fault that she has spread herself so thin, but it doesn't help her image with me. Kyle and I both have decided that she will not be getting a tip.

I'll try to post some pictures tonight. I should probably get back to work :goodvibes

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and DF's grandmother. It's completely understandable that you haven't felt like yourself lately.

Yay for only two months to go! Sounds like you've been making a lot of progress. Can't wait to see your finished projects.

That is really annoying with the planner. She shouldn't be taking out her frustrations on you. In this economy everyone has had to pick up some slack. I'm glad you're not letting it get to you, and your day will still turn out to be beautiful!

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Thanks!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and DF's grandmother. It's completely understandable that you haven't felt like yourself lately.

Yay for only two months to go! Sounds like you've been making a lot of progress. Can't wait to see your finished projects.

That is really annoying with the planner. She shouldn't be taking out her frustrations on you. In this economy everyone has had to pick up some slack. I'm glad you're not letting it get to you, and your day will still turn out to be beautiful!

Thanks, it has been a rough few weeks, but things are slowly getting back to normal.

I'm excited, I'm going to try to post some pictures this weekend. And I'm going to e-mail my planner, it's been almost two weeks since she told me she was sending me my final flower budget so we will see if it takes another week for me to hear something back.

Bridal Shower! For any S. Jersey folks, it was at Ventura's Off Shore Cafe and it was a nice location, the food was great. It was pouring outside the day of the shower, but it was a great day.
My mom got an awesome cake made. She wanted to have a fancier cake since I am not really having one for the wedding. It was delicious and it was just vanilla and chocolate.
pa172055.jpg

The centerpieces were cute.
pa172087.jpg

We're going to do something like this for the wedding, except with hot pink roses and a floralyte in the water and candles in between them. We're not using the table tents anymore (since it is one table), but those are the place cards, I'll post better pictures later.
pa172100.jpg

My momma and me. It was a fabulous shower and we ended up getting a lot, we were very surprised.
pa172100.jpg

Laurie that party looks like it was a lot of fun. That cake is awesome!

It really was great. Not only did the cake look great, it tasted awesome!

Things have been getting a little crazy, I mean where did December come from! Craziness. Well we are about 6 weeks out, we are going to start packing up some things to send down to our wedding planner. I have my first and perhaps final fitting for my dress. We bought Kyle's suit. I may have carpaltunnel from making panel fans, but they do look lovely. And I ordered our Disney tickets today! I am so excited. We also got the issue with our cancelled flights taken care of and may have a chance to get our NYC fix in with our layover in Newark, especially since continental is paying for the hotel :thumbsup2

I don't think I ever posted our ADRs either:
We did decide to do the DxDDP
Sunday: Flying Fish (as long as our flight isn't delayed)
Monday: Tony's Town Square
The Wave
Tuesday: Kona Cafe (Breakfast)
Citricos
Wednesday: Donald's Tusker House
Yachtsman
Thursday: GF Cafe
Sci-Fi
Le Cellier
Friday: Ohana's Breakfast
GF Cafe Cafe
Jiko
Saturday: Tutto Italia

The three days of meals seems a little intimidating and I have though about adding another signature and removing a lunch or breakfast. And I'm still not sure about Tony's, it's mostly because I love Lady in the Tramp. But I will more than likely just leave it since I have other things to worry about, at least it is done :goodvibes

I know I have been saying it, but I am going to try to post pictures of some of the things we have done.

Laurie, I'm still so so sorry about your grandmother AND Kyle's. :sad1: It's always hard to lose any loved one, but to lose two like that... I can't imagine. I'm just glad the planning has helped you get your mind off things and get through this. I know I've been missing on the boards lately, but never hesitate to contact me if you need anyone to talk to. :hug:

Now, I saw some of your bridal shower pics on FB and it just looked so adorable and fun!! I hope mine will be as cool as yours. I am getting SO excited for you!!! Your wedding is almost here! :goodvibes You must be like, beyond control excited? Hehe.

BTW, I loooove the earrings you got! So pretty and go perfectly with your dress! Sorry about your WP being a butthead too. I know mine has been MIA for months and months now. Sigh. What can you do? Hopefully they'll both be a bit more helpful. :rolleyes1

I am very much behind! Your bridal shower cake is awesome! I absolutely love it. I'm glad you had a good time.

Great ADRs, we are eating a bunch of those. Tony's is really good. We went there in December and DF is very upset that we aren't doing it for our honeymoon (we have so much other places we want to try)

You are getting so close! Hope all is going well

Your bridal shower looks so fun! I love the cake, how amazing and all the decorations were so nice. They did a great job planning it.

Yay, only a little a month to go now, how exciting!

Great choices on the ADR's. We've done the DxDp twice now and love it! DF is really upset we won't be doing it for the wedding trip. The days when we had three meals it was a little challenging, but as long as they are spaced out enough it will be fine, just don't eat too much at breakfast and lunch, which can be hard because Disney food is sooo tasty!

Laurie, I'm still so so sorry about your grandmother AND Kyle's. :sad1: It's always hard to lose any loved one, but to lose two like that... I can't imagine. I'm just glad the planning has helped you get your mind off things and get through this. I know I've been missing on the boards lately, but never hesitate to contact me if you need anyone to talk to. :hug:

Now, I saw some of your bridal shower pics on FB and it just looked so adorable and fun!! I hope mine will be as cool as yours. I am getting SO excited for you!!! Your wedding is almost here! :goodvibes You must be like, beyond control excited? Hehe.

BTW, I loooove the earrings you got! So pretty and go perfectly with your dress! Sorry about your WP being a butthead too. I know mine has been MIA for months and months now. Sigh. What can you do? Hopefully they'll both be a bit more helpful. :rolleyes1

Thanks dear :hug: I appreciate that. Things are coming back to being somewhat normal. And I have my moments, especially since I haven't changed the speed dial on my cell phone and it comes up as her, I still can't believe she is gone.

The bridal shower was a lot of fun and I got to see many who are not attending the wedding. My mom and grandmother really did a great job.

I really do like the earrings, now DFi wants to buy me wedding jewerly so I don't know if the earrings will be changing, or not, we'll have to see :confused3

My WP has been better, wonderful as a matter of fact. She has been just like she was initially. So it makes me feel better, everything is wrapping up. :woohoo: Hopefully, yours will come around, it's certainly not fun.

We have the same wedding date! yay! I can't believe how close it is getting!

That's awesome! It's a good date :thumbsup2

I am very much behind! Your bridal shower cake is awesome! I absolutely love it. I'm glad you had a good time.

Great ADRs, we are eating a bunch of those. Tony's is really good. We went there in December and DF is very upset that we aren't doing it for our honeymoon (we have so much other places we want to try)

You are getting so close! Hope all is going well

Thank you! It tasted wonderful too!

That's good to know, I have heard some missed reviews on Tony's, but Lady and the Tramp is one of my favorite movies so I really wanted to try it.

Your bridal shower looks so fun! I love the cake, how amazing and all the decorations were so nice. They did a great job planning it.

Yay, only a little a month to go now, how exciting!

Great choices on the ADR's. We've done the DxDp twice now and love it! DF is really upset we won't be doing it for the wedding trip. The days when we had three meals it was a little challenging, but as long as they are spaced out enough it will be fine, just don't eat too much at breakfast and lunch, which can be hard because Disney food is sooo tasty!

Thanks! It was a beautiful shower.

I really don't know where the time goes, I mean Christmas is two weeks away and we are five weeks out, it is insane.

I was going to scale down to the basic DP, but DFi really want to eat where we wanted to and not have to worry. So I'm excited to try some different places. The three meals in a day are a little concerning, but I think we should be good, I avoided buffets and our meals are between 6 and 7 hours a part. If DFi would have let me move Le Cellier to a lunch it would have been fine because I would have booked another signature, but he wanted it for dinner. Oh well, I'm not too worried.

omigod, didn't even realize x-mas was so close....gotta get a move on that shopping!

The DxDP is so fun, it's great to be able to try out all those different restaurants. I also like being able to get whatever you want and try different appetizers. Don't worry, you'll be fine with the three meals, it sounds like they are spaced out pretty well. I hope you'll do a dining review with lots of pics!

omigod, didn't even realize x-mas was so close....gotta get a move on that shopping!

The DxDP is so fun, it's great to be able to try out all those different restaurants. I also like being able to get whatever you want and try different appetizers. Don't worry, you'll be fine with the three meals, it sounds like they are spaced out pretty well. I hope you'll do a dining review with lots of pics!

I know, my future in-laws will be out here in a week from Sunday for Christmas, it is truly crazy. Two and a half weeks until Christmas, insance.

We are really excited, it will be nice to spend time together and enjoy eatting out. Then it is back to the gym after the honeymoon to get all the disney weight off :rotfl:

I was just catching up and want to say that I definitely know how hard it is loosing people that are close to you right before the wedding. We lost DH's dad just 3 months before our wedding and I know how hard it was on him. We made sure to add in little touches in his memory which helped keep him a part of the day.

On a happier note, your cake at your shower was so beautiful. It reminds me of the one that a lot of brides use at LSS.

I was just catching up and want to say that I definitely know how hard it is loosing people that are close to you right before the wedding. We lost DH's dad just 3 months before our wedding and I know how hard it was on him. We made sure to add in little touches in his memory which helped keep him a part of the day.

On a happier note, your cake at your shower was so beautiful. It reminds me of the one that a lot of brides use at LSS.

Things are pretty much back to normal, it's still hard to believe they are gone, especially living across the country from family. It's hard losing anyone, but a parent would be worse, in my opinion. I am doing little touches on my bouquet for both grandmothers and I added a special note in the programs. They have the best seat in the house.

Thank you, I really thought it was a lovely cake, my FMIL is still talking about the shower.

I don't know where the time goes, how is Christmas only five days away, craziness.

Also we leave three weeks from tomorrow for Puerto Rico, I don't know where the time went. We shipped all the welcome bags, paper items, and other misc items to Vieques last week. It is such a relief to have things wrapped up, I pretty much need a couple tanning sessions and to get my makeup and to pack. And Kyle's ring should get here any day now. Oh, I did order new jewelry from etsy, it should get here today, I will post pics if I can. I also get my dress back from the tailor's and it is perfect, I really love the dress and it felt weightless with the alterations done (plus they took about 3 1/2 inches off the dress) I highly reccommend a corsetted back dress, I love it.

We have my future in-laws in town. I spent all day trying to find a dress for my FMIL with no such luck. She went out today again so hopefully she found something by the time I get home from work :confused3

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I can't believe you are only 3 weeks away!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmothers. We lost my grandfather 2 years ago this January and it's still so hard. I feel like it was yesterday...it's still very real and painful.:hug:

I'm so excited to see all your pictures, Laurie! Miss you and hope it was all fabulous (I can't imagine it was anything less though!). :goodvibes :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter