Leave Dad a Message

Dad, you showed us everyday in so many ways how much you loved us. Food, shelter, advice and guidance, hugs and kisses and always laughter. Miss you so much, and love you forever.

My dad died in 1997. Heart attack.

Dad, I'm sorry.

I never had the chance to tell him that before it was too late.

Dad: you raised 4 good kids. We're taking good care of Mom, as she's been recently diagnosed with dementia. You would be proud of us. You taught us all well. I miss your wisdom everyday.

My dad died in 2002 from ocular melanoma that spread to his liver.

Dad, I miss you and our trips to air shows. I miss the way you always looked out for me like I was your little girl, even when I was grown and married. I wish you were here, I wish your granddaughters could've gotten to know you, but I know you are keeping an eye on us.

Dad, I'm glad you are still here, although you live in AZ now and were never really involved with our day to day lives before anyway. But at the same time, you have never judged or criticized, and whenever I've had a problem, you have helped me. And I will never forget the look on your face when I thought you were joking around when you whispered to me that I was the prettiest out of the 5 of us at J's wedding. Growing up feeling like the "ugly" sister among your other 4 gorgeous daughters has not been the easiest, and you telling me that - and the look on your face told me you meant it - was one of the only times in my life that I believed it. I hope you are having fun fishing is San Diego this weekend! Love you!

My DDad's been gone since 2001 - I still miss you every day! What a blessing it was to have been raised by you and I only hope DH does half as good a job with your grandson. :hug:

My dad died in 1984.
still miss him and mom.
Dad wish you could have seen the kids grow up and meet the grand children :love:

My dad died in 1999 of Pancreatitis Caner at age 63

Dad your still the only one that I want to make proud of me
Mine died in 2017 of pancreatic cancer at age 62. Father’s day still the holiday that sucks the most to me.

My dad died in 2011-CHF causing a heart attack, very sudden. He and my mom were planning on coming to see me and the kids the day before but he didn’t feel good.

I hope you are ruling the craps table up there and hanging out at Schawaben with McDougall and Germano!

The kids miss you coming to their games and routing them on.

My daddy passed in 2017 .. heart attack . His only fear about dying was not seeing my daughter first ... his “ princess “ she was 11
I will miss you daddy , every minute of every day .. I wish I would have stayed longer when I dropped her off to spend time with you .. I know you were happy when you left us because your baby was there ... don’t worry daddy , she didn’t see a thing . She misses her pap paw all the time . ❤️

My dad died in 2011-CHF causing a heart attack, very sudden. He and my mom were planning on coming to see me and the kids the day before but he didn’t feel good.

I hope you are ruling the craps table up there and hanging out at Schawaben with McDougall and Germano!

The kids miss you coming to their games and routing them on.

So sorry , my dad had that also which was complicated by his kidney failure :(

My daddy passed in 2017 .. heart attack . His only fear about dying was not seeing my daughter first ... his “ princess “ she was 11
I will miss you daddy , every minute of every day .. I wish I would have stayed longer when I dropped her off to spend time with you .. I know you were happy when you left us because your baby was there ... don’t worry daddy , she didn’t see a thing . She misses her pap paw all the time . ❤️

I think its so sweet when a grown women calls her dad "daddy" I like that

My Dad passed away in January 2008, he had Alzheimer's.

Dear Dad,
It is so hard to believe you've been gone 10 years already. I miss you every day, but know that you're in a better place, and now with Mom at your side again. I have always wished we could have spent more time together while I was growing up but you worked nights and slept during the day. I do treasure the memories of the time we did spend together though, our family trips every other summer to Texas to visit Grandma and the rest of your family, throwing a football around in the yard, watching "Perry Mason", "Combat" and "Rifleman" together when I was little, sledding down the hill at the park in the winter, and when I got older I will always treasure our time bowling together on the mixed doubles league, and roller skating together on Tuesday mornings especially when they played the song "Daddy's Hands" by Holly Dunn. To this day I can't listen to that song, as it makes me cry every time. You were a fabulous skater, so light and easy on your skates, I loved just watching you. And you were a great bowler too! I loved the trips I was able to take with you and Mom, the senior bus trips (wish I would have kept "trip journals" back then) and the trips where I drove your car, and our Disney Wonder cruise together.

My most favorite and beloved memory of you was on the bus trip where we spent a night at Stone Mountain, Georgia. You and I had walked over to the area where they were going to do the laser show but it started to rain (pour!) before they started it. We ran back to the hotel, hand in hand, laughing all the way even though we were getting soaked. I don't think our shoes dried out at all on the rest of the trip. But it was awesome having that experience with you.

Hate that you got sick and were taken from us too early. But I'm thankful that even though you didn't remember my name (or Mom's) but you did remember that we "belonged" to you. You never forgot that. You called me Pipsqueak. :) Loved our monthly lunches together, just the two of us. I wouldn't wish you back in the state you were in when you died, but I do wish for more time with you when you were well. There is never enough time. I love you so much, you were a wonderful Dad, and I'm so glad to be your daughter.
Love,
Yvonne
XOXOXOXO

Low-key, what a great thread! Thanks for thinking of it and starting the ball rolling! :)

Dad: sorry I didn’t get to say goodbye. I was blown away by the number of people who came out to pay their respects & all the stories of how you touched their lives. We all miss you so much & even the greatgrand kids still talk about papa & how much they miss you. Keep sending the messages from heaven, we see them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter