Leaving my Fantasy behind for WDW, Atlantis and a little Magic.

Catching up on your pre-trip report! :)

We have stayed at POR a couple of times - we loved it! With three boys, we always stay in Alligator Bayou. We would still be staying there but we became DVC members - it is not worth the points to stay at POR anymore but it is definitely one of our favorites. On our June trip in a few months we are going to eat @ Boatwright's just so we can spend an evening @ POR.

We had a wonderful time on the Magic a few weeks ago (four night cruise)! My boys had fun in the kids areas! Our tween enjoyed the activities on the Edge as well. We liked the smaller ship and the fact that there were less people. Our boys enjoyed both slides - especially the Aqua Dunk! One of the things our 7 & 9 year loved the most was hanging out in the funnel vision pool - they could have stayed there all day!! I thought the pool was a little small but it did not bother them a bit. We would relax at a table & enjoy a few drinks while they played. :) On our port day @ Nassau, since DH & I had just been there in Dec., we decided to just get off to take a few pics and walk around for about 20 mins. When we got back on the ship, they pretty much had the pool & slides to themselves the whole day. They were in heaven. ;)

We LOVED the Animator Palate show so much more on the Magic (we were disappointed on the one on The Dream). We also really enjoyed the menu at Carioca's- the Banana bread that they served as the bread service was really good (I asked for the recipe I liked it so much!). The food was good at Lumiere's; I think we chose the menu items that we had at Royal Palace because we enjoyed them so much on the Dream. We liked the food @ Cabana's too- ate there for two breakfasts and two lunches. It may have been in our head but we thought the food was a little tastier on The Magic than on the Dream.

Since this was our boys first ever cruise we decided to skip dinner @ Palo's (was sad to not have the chocolate soufflé -will next) so we could eat with them on the dining rotation. Instead we had brunch at Palo's (we did both brunch & dinner on our cruise on the Dream) on our sea day. Just as amazing as on the Dream, the one thing I missed from the Dream was that when you looked out the windows you only saw ocean. On the Magic you look out at a deck so you would see people walking around - it was just a small thing I would change. Our server was Lazlo from Hungary - we would recommend requesting him - he was so good!

When we re-booked for March '15, we had a hard time not booking on The Magic - because we loved the "smaller" atmosphere so much- but in the end we decided to sail on The Fantasy because we liked the 7 night itinerary that was being offered better than the 7 night on the Magic. It will be fun to sail on a ship we have never sailed on so we are looking forward to trying something new.

Looking forward to your trip report!!! :) I hope your family has a great time!!!!

[/FONT]
Catching up on your pre-trip report! :)

We have stayed at POR a couple of times - we loved it! With three boys, we always stay in Alligator Bayou. We would still be staying there but we became DVC members - it is not worth the points to stay at POR anymore but it is definitely one of our favorites. On our June trip in a few months we are going to eat @ Boatwright's just so we can spend an evening @ POR.

We had a wonderful time on the Magic a few weeks ago (four night cruise)! My boys had fun in the kids areas! Our tween enjoyed the activities on the Edge as well. We liked the smaller ship and the fact that there were less people. Our boys enjoyed both slides - especially the Aqua Dunk! One of the things our 7 & 9 year loved the most was hanging out in the funnel vision pool - they could have stayed there all day!! I thought the pool was a little small but it did not bother them a bit. We would relax at a table & enjoy a few drinks while they played. :) On our port day @ Nassau, since DH & I had just been there in Dec., we decided to just get off to take a few pics and walk around for about 20 mins. When we got back on the ship, they pretty much had the pool & slides to themselves the whole day. They were in heaven. ;)

We LOVED the Animator Palate show so much more on the Magic (we were disappointed on the one on The Dream). We also really enjoyed the menu at Carioca's- the Banana bread that they served as the bread service was really good (I asked for the recipe I liked it so much!). The food was good at Lumiere's; I think we chose the menu items that we had at Royal Palace because we enjoyed them so much on the Dream. We liked the food @ Cabana's too- ate there for two breakfasts and two lunches. It may have been in our head but we thought the food was a little tastier on The Magic than on the Dream.

Since this was our boys first ever cruise we decided to skip dinner @ Palo's (was sad to not have the chocolate soufflé -will next) so we could eat with them on the dining rotation. Instead we had brunch at Palo's (we did both brunch & dinner on our cruise on the Dream) on our sea day. Just as amazing as on the Dream, the one thing I missed from the Dream was that when you looked out the windows you only saw ocean. On the Magic you look out at a deck so you would see people walking around - it was just a small thing I would change. Our server was Lazlo from Hungary - we would recommend requesting him - he was so good!

When we re-booked for March '15, we had a hard time not booking on The Magic - because we loved the "smaller" atmosphere so much- but in the end we decided to sail on The Fantasy because we liked the 7 night itinerary that was being offered better than the 7 night on the Magic. It will be fun to sail on a ship we have never sailed on so we are looking forward to trying something new.

Looking forward to your trip report!!! :) I hope your family has a great time!!!!

I am so glad to hear that you and your family had a wonderful cruise on the Magic! So, it sounds like you like the Magic better than the Dream? So many people say that the Dream is their least favorite and we love the Dream so I can't wait to compare the two. I am really hoping DCL keeps their prices in check this week because we really want to go to Alaska but if we are priced out of that then we want to do another 5 night Double Dip on the Dream. We paid around $3300 for the DD in 2012 and I'm not willing to go much above that so I'm not sure what will happen. :confused3 We aren't sure that we will keep our 5 night we have booked on the Wonder for April 2015 just because we will have to take the kids out of school again and we aren't sure how well that is going to work yet. I'm hoping they will make up their work easily but we shall see. I don't know that we will ever be able to sail on the Fantasy if we can't go during the school year. :sad2:

You should do a trip report on your Magic cruise! I would love to read it and look at pictures. :goodvibes

You are getting close if you are already doing the document dance! :yay::yay::yay:

Your plans are looking great.

Jill in CO

29 days until POR & 31 until we sail!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

I am so bummed by DCL's pricing for summer 2015. I really wanted to go to Alaska but that just isn't happening in 2015 on DCL. Another 5 night double dip was our second option but the cruise fare to Alaska is actually LESS than the DD prices!! :scared1: It's really ridiculous. We paid right at $3300 in 2012 and while I expected an increase, I did not expect a $2000 increase and that was for an 11B. We sailed in an 8D in 2012. Of course, I still want to go on the Fantasy but an Eastern in late May is $5346 and the same cruise on Freedom of the Seas is $3500. How do I justify paying almost $2000 more? :confused3 I may check prices on it when we sail and if the price hasn't gone up too much, I may book it onboard and then buy gift cards at target to save 5%. That would reduce the price to around $4600 which is still way more than Freedom but I really wanna sail on the Fantasy! :rotfl: The housing market in our neighborhood is going nuts right now. Everyone (ok, not everyone but a lot) has their house for sale and guess what? People are buying them! We bought our house very cheap because it was a foreclosure and if we were to sell we stand to make around 50-55k so I'm thinking if we sell our house then cruising the Fantasy would be a kind of treat for us. If we decide not to sell and decide we don't want to spend $4600 for the Fantasy then we will most likely book Freedom. Royal's prices go down instead of going up so I think we will be ok there. I am not going to buy any giftcards until close to the PIF date in case we do cancel. Of course, I haven't ran any of this by DH yet. :rotfl2:

I printed the rest of our magnets last night and they are so beautiful. I thought about posting pics but I think I will wait until we decorate our door and then take pictures. I narrowed it down to 8 I think. ;) I ordered a wave phone holder from Etsy last week that I will post pictures of when it arrives. I thought it would be a good idea to have some kind of holder for the boys to use when they are away from us. It should also help them to know which one is ours when they put it in the cubby to ride the Aqua Dunk.

According to the MDE site, my magic bands are being customized and will ship soon! :cool1:

28 days until POR & 30 days until we sail!!! :woohoo:

I'm getting so excited!! I got an email saying that my Magic Bands have shipped and an email saying my wave phone holder from Etsy has shipped also!! I love getting Disney mail!! (an Etsy mail :yay:)

28 days until POR & 30 days until we sail!!! :woohoo:

I'm getting so excited!! I got an email saying that my Magic Bands have shipped and an email saying my wave phone holder from Etsy has shipped also!! I love getting Disney mail!! (an Etsy mail :yay:)

You are getting super close!

Jill in CO

24 days until POR and 26 days until we sail!!! :yay::yay:

I got Mickey Mail!!!

I also got the wave phone holder that I ordered from Etsy! So excited with how well it turned out. I had to go with the pirate theme of course. ;)

I can't believe it is almost finally here! I'm starting to get all of our paper work ready (signature form, prepaid parking receipt, online check in for POR, rental car confirmation) and printed. I will probably start our carry on bag this weekend and go ahead and put our passports in it even though I will check it a 100 times between now and when we leave to make sure they are there. :laughing:

One of your mystery readers here! You are getting so close. :cool1:

One thought I had...not sure how late you are staying at MK, but if you are planning on staying into the evening, you might want to move your two early FPP to afternoon times. SB lines should be shorter in the morning, and if you run into big crowds mid morning, you can always go to a ride that is less impacted (ie. CoP, Little Mermaid)

I love your wave phone holder! I have been trying to figure out what to do with DS 11 and DS13 phones so we can keep up with each other and this looks like a great option. Can't wait to hear if they work well for you guys.

Thinking about the KYSS bag too, but not sure it will be necessary for us.

I found those Alaska prices disappointing too. Since we are going just on our first cruise this fall, I am not "Disneyed out" yet, so was thinking about booking OB for another fall break cruise. Of course if prices are insane, maybe not...

Please keep posting, reading about other's excitement is helping me pass these long months!

One of your mystery readers here! You are getting so close. :cool1:

One thought I had...not sure how late you are staying at MK, but if you are planning on staying into the evening, you might want to move your two early FPP to afternoon times. SB lines should be shorter in the morning, and if you run into big crowds mid morning, you can always go to a ride that is less impacted (ie. CoP, Little Mermaid)

I love your wave phone holder! I have been trying to figure out what to do with DS 11 and DS13 phones so we can keep up with each other and this looks like a great option. Can't wait to hear if they work well for you guys.

Thinking about the KYSS bag too, but not sure it will be necessary for us.

I found those Alaska prices disappointing too. Since we are going just on our first cruise this fall, I am not "Disneyed out" yet, so was thinking about booking OB for another fall break cruise. Of course if prices are insane, maybe not...

Please keep posting, reading about other's excitement is helping me pass these long months!

Hi :wave: It's so good to know that I have more than 2 readers. :rotfl:

I feel like I am kind of going to MK blind. I have no idea if I used my FP properly or on the right rides they just seemed like rides that my boys would like the most. MK has late magic hours that night so I am planning on us staying pretty late. I guess I should do more research.

I have decided to do an OBB for the Fantasy for May 2015 but as to whether or not we actually sail, we shall see.

The wave phone holder is super cute and I can't wait to see how it works out. I picked up an inexpensive crossbody purse to keep the other wave phone in when DH and I are out doing things. I don't generally carry a purse on the cruise, I don't even bring one with me, Dh usually keeps everything. This time, with the boys older, we will need the wave phone, cell phone, camera, etc. so I felt a small crossbody that will match pretty much everything was in order.

I see you are doing a Halloween cruise, that is so exciting. I would love to sail during a holiday that they decorate and celebrate on the ship. :goodvibes

Sorry to butt in again, but on the DIS podcast I listened to yesterday they mentioned that booking a B2B saved someone 1500 over a 7 day cruise AND of course included the double dip at CC. I am going to take a look at this option and thought it worth mentioning to you since I know the double dip was your second choice. :goodvibes

Sorry to butt in again, but on the DIS podcast I listened to yesterday they mentioned that booking a B2B saved someone 1500 over a 7 day cruise AND of course included the double dip at CC. I am going to take a look at this option and thought it worth mentioning to you since I know the double dip was your second choice. :goodvibes

Haha! You aren't butting in. I welcome opinions because I really have no clue when it comes to WDW. We did the 5 night double dip in 2012 and loved it so I will look into it but I'm not clear on how they saved $1500? Fill me in! :thumbsup2

I don't know what dates they were comparing on the podcast, but when I play around with dates, it looks like in mid June 2015, you could save about 500 (which is not 1500!) by booking a back to back on the Dream over a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy.

I meant to go back to the thread about the rates for the B2B that were just released and compare those, but am already wasting way too much time researching cruises I am unlikely to actually take!

Oh who am I kidding, I will probably go do this now anyway. I really need to become a travel agent! :lmao:

I feel as though I should become a travel agent myself sometimes considering I am almost always researching a vacation. As to whether its a vacation we will actually take or one I can only dream of, is another story. :rolleyes1 Obviously, I should be researching WDW but it seems kinda complicated. My boys are both 11, what should we be riding first thing after rope drop? I thought my FPP times made sense but what you said made sense too so now I'm not sure what to do. :laughing:

It looks like I could save a little money by booking the back to back but for me, it wouldn't be enough to warrant not booking the Fantasy. I've been perusing the RCCL site today also. ;)

I like your FPP choices for 11 year old boys! My two DS, 10 and 12, would agree.

As far as what to ride first without a FPP, I would prioritize the following, Peter Pan (always long waits, so without a FPP it is first thing), Space Mountain (my boys love this and always want two rides), Buzz, Winnie the Pooh (only if you are interested, my family can skip this one), Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion.

I would move your Splash Mountain FPP to after lunch. At 9:30 you should still be able to use the stand by lines effectively for other rides and you will appreciate getting a little wet much more in the steamy afternoon! If you want to plan out more of a touring plan, take a look at this link

http://www.easywdw.com/cheatsheets/mk_cheat_sheet_fastpass_plus_v2.pdf

It makes a lot of practical sense and is pretty easy to use. If you want a more personalized touring plan you could use touringplans.com, which is also a great resource, but costs about 10 dollars. I am also happy to answer questions if I can!

Now back to your regularly scheduled cruise planning...:beach:

I like your FPP choices for 11 year old boys! My two DS, 10 and 12, would agree.

As far as what to ride first without a FPP, I would prioritize the following, Peter Pan (always long waits, so without a FPP it is first thing), Space Mountain (my boys love this and always want two rides), Buzz, Winnie the Pooh (only if you are interested, my family can skip this one), Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion.

I would move your Splash Mountain FPP to after lunch. At 9:30 you should still be able to use the stand by lines effectively for other rides and you will appreciate getting a little wet much more in the steamy afternoon! If you want to plan out more of a touring plan, take a look at this link

http://www.easywdw.com/cheatsheets/mk_cheat_sheet_fastpass_plus_v2.pdf

It makes a lot of practical sense and is pretty easy to use. If you want a more personalized touring plan you could use touringplans.com, which is also a great resource, but costs about 10 dollars. I am also happy to answer questions if I can!

Now back to your regularly scheduled cruise planning...:beach:

Ok, so I changed my FPP for Splash Mountain to 3:00-4:00. The only morning FPP we have now is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I swear, it has been so long since I have been, I don't know what rides to look for. I have checked the website a little better and all your suggestions look like things my boys would be interested in. We will probably skip Winnie the Pooh though. I vaguely remember the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House but I really like it, so maybe I can talk them into visiting it and Tom Sawyer Island. Can you explain A Pirates Adventure? It looks like something they would enjoy unless its "babyish". :rotfl:

I love the treehouse too, maybe since it is one thing I remember being marvelous when I was a kid! It is kind of special to do it at dusk as the lights are coming on and yet there is still enough daylight to see everything. I had my boys watch the movie before we went last time and it really gave them an appreciation for it. If you time it right, you could go from this to Jungle Cruise, which is another ride that is improved in the dark! :rotfl2:

I always think I will find time to go sit on Tom Sawyer's Island and relax, but it hasn't happened since the kids were babies. If there was a bridge, it would be so much more likely, I just can't make time for the boat.

I haven't done Pirate's Adventure, but I think it is like Sorcerors of the MK. Sort of a treasure hunt around Adventureland? If you haven't done Sorcerors your boys would probably appreciate it. You stop in the fire station at the entrance and they will give you guys some cards and get you started.

Last year, I rode Dumbo for the first time in about 10 years, and loved the new play area/que, and I think my boys would have liked it too, even though they would be a little on the older side. You guys are going to have an awesome time!

I love the treehouse too, maybe since it is one thing I remember being marvelous when I was a kid! It is kind of special to do it at dusk as the lights are coming on and yet there is still enough daylight to see everything. I had my boys watch the movie before we went last time and it really gave them an appreciation for it. If you time it right, you could go from this to Jungle Cruise, which is another ride that is improved in the dark! :rotfl2:

I always think I will find time to go sit on Tom Sawyer's Island and relax, but it hasn't happened since the kids were babies. If there was a bridge, it would be so much more likely, I just can't make time for the boat.

I haven't done Pirate's Adventure, but I think it is like Sorcerors of the MK. Sort of a treasure hunt around Adventureland? If you haven't done Sorcerors your boys would probably appreciate it. You stop in the fire station at the entrance and they will give you guys some cards and get you started.

Last year, I rode Dumbo for the first time in about 10 years, and loved the new play area/que, and I think my boys would have liked it too, even though they would be a little on the older side. You guys are going to have an awesome time!

I may have to see if I can find that movie! :rotfl2: I think we will have a great time too. I'm just starting to worry that maybe I didn't do enough planning for WDW.

14 days until POR and........

I got the Target Red Debit card a few weeks ago, right about the time they decided the pharmacy coupon couldn't be stacked with the 5% :rolleyes2 anyways, I bought a bunch of Disney gift cards and then bought a couple hundred dollars more when Kroger announced their 4X fuel points promo. I saved about $30 and was able to buy an extra $25 gift card from Kroger! :cool1:

I called and added the first batch last weekend AND thanks to my Disney Gift Card App, I found that I had about $10 on an old card and another $13 on another. :thumbsup2 I got DH to call in the ones from Kroger last night because they were out of all denominations except for the ones you can load which you do not get 4X on fuel points and packets of 3 $15 cards. He ended up getting 3 packs of those plus I still had a couple more that I had ordered from Target.com :rolleyes1 With our OBC from DCL for booking onboard and our OBC from DU, we should have about $800 OBC. This will be the most we have ever spent on a cruise but since we have no idea when/if we will be sailing DCL again, we are splurging a little. Here is the breakdown so far:

gratuities-$192
bikes-$40
exotic rasul-$104
palo-$150 (minimum)
that leaves roughly $300 for alcohol :drinking1, specialty coffees, smoothies for the kids and we may buy a photo but with the CMs willing to use your camera with the characters we never buy more than one or two.

10 days until POR and 12 days until the Magic!!

Sorry I haven't been doing much updating but thank goodness today is April 15th so I should have a little more free time!

I haven't even began packing our passports and other documents that I wanted to start packing a week ago. :rotfl2: I am off work tomorrow since we close the office on April 16th so maybe I can get something done. I've been thinking and I think we have decided to go ahead and book Alaska while onboard. I'm hoping everything works out and we can get flights pretty cheap. I just can't see paying summer DCL prices for the Fantasy. :(

I am so freakin excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter