Let's play What If CRV...

PeterPansMum

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering what the time frame would be for them to announce CRV, how much of the building would probably need to be done etc.. And then when would they start selling?? The project seems to be moving along pretty quick and I think I need to start budgeting for this :cool1:
Thanks for your input!
Cindy

I'm wondering what the time frame would be for them to announce CRV, how much of the building would probably need to be done etc.. And then when would they start selling?? The project seems to be moving along pretty quick and I think I need to start budgeting for this :cool1:
Thanks for your input!
Cindy

I'm guessing the announcement is a year away. They can't start selling until a few months before some rooms are available. Depending upon their construction schedule, it could be a couple of years.

As far as I am concerned I think it is just a expansion of the current resort.

They would already be in presales just look at AKV..

Has anyone found the actual plans or a building permit??

Just wondering

oh yes - tink10 found the architecture's design site last year.

then someone else (I think) found the building permit. but DVC found out fast - make the architect close down his site. changed the name on the building stuff - from CRV to suites at CR

the actual plans that suppliers have says CR suites. but as I say - those 2 top floors are definitely GV. 3-bedroom. Disney has only done 2 bedroom (with a lock out for the 3rd) in their suites.

so the plans looks like a DVC resort not suites. Of course that doesn't mean anything. Disney can definitely change their style of suites.

but the biggest thing to me anyway. is the suites at CR - as reported on the resort board - the suites have NOT been redone. they have the new TV and computer - but the bathrooms were NOT changed.

okay why? could it be because DVC might get them for a while???? so they can start selling early - like at AKV. Now I don't believe that DVC will have part of the tower permanently. just until the CRV is up and running. then CR gets these units back as ready suites.

well that is my hope.

what do you think?
but as someone else pointed out - they can make the annoucement when they want - they can't start selling until some of the building is completely.

that person on that other site - says the annoucement will happen this Oct or next May.:rolleyes1

I believe I read somewhere that 70 percent of construction has to be finished to start selling. So at SSR they were able to sell as the buildings were constructed, but with the design we've seen for CRV we'll need to see a lot more work done before sale could begin.

I think:

• Announcement in May.
  • Conversion of some existing rooms so presales can start quickly, with limited points/rooms available in the Fall/early winter.
  • Complete in late 2009/early 2010.

:banana:

I really don't think Disney will convert the existing building to DVC. The DVC units will be in the new construction only. But I still believe that the new tower will be mixed use with some floors DVC, some floors hotel. Disney will need to add back hotel inventory that was lost with the demolition.

I don't think there will be an announcement until next spring, at the earlist. Construction and furnishing a building like that will take about 2 to 3 years. I think they are projecting the AKVs about 18-21 months to build and they are 4 stories (I think).

Has anyone found the actual plans or a building permit??

Just wondering

There's all sorts of stuff on the OC county web site (and other threads on the DIS dedicated to that documentation). Building plans, permits, etc. Early in them, they all reference DVC at the Contemporary. Later on (as dates progress), they stop.. Thus, the confusion.

They couldn't be in pre-sales, legally. A unit has to be 70% complete, by Florida law, before you can sell it as a timeshare. They're a LONG way from ANY of the units being 70% complete.

AKV was different. MOST of the construction (at least 70%) was done because they were converting existing rooms. They've sold so well that people have had to be put on waiting lists for certain use years....precisely because they don't have enough units in those UY that are 70% complete.

My theory is, if it were simply a resort expansion, with no DVC component...why not announce it? There's no good reason. If it does have a DVC component, you keep the (worst kept) secret so as not to impact SSR and AKV sales.

I think:

• Announcement in May.
  • Conversion of some existing rooms so presales can start quickly, with limited points/rooms available in the Fall/early winter.
  • Complete in late 2009/early 2010.

:banana:

Given the relative "mess" conversion has been at AKV, and given how notoriously hard to remodel the Contemp has proven (because of electrical and plumbing issues), I just don't see Disney "converting" rooms at the Contemp. IMHO, if DVC is coming...it's going to be part of the new construction only.

Given the relative "mess" conversion has been at AKV, and given how notoriously hard to remodel the Contemp has proven (because of electrical and plumbing issues), I just don't see Disney "converting" rooms at the Contemp. IMHO, if DVC is coming...it's going to be part of the new construction only.

I would agreed with you.

but the suites were not rehab.

so why - unless DVC is going to take over those floors.

they have rehab the rest of the resort.

but no new bathrooms for the suites. there have been enough complaints on the resort board to verify this.

most places start with the suites then work down. the CR has not. so why?

dvc is the only thing to me that makes sense here. This is all guess work!!!

I would agreed with you.

but the suites were not rehab.

so why - unless DVC is going to take over those floors.

they have rehab the rest of the resort.

but no new bathrooms for the suites. there have been enough complaints on the resort board to verify this.

most places start with the suites then work down. the CR has not. so why?

dvc is the only thing to me that makes sense here. This is all guess work!!!

Dont' know. Maybe the plan was to convert them, at one time. Or maybe they just haven't gotten around to it (ie: don't want to take the limited number of suites out of service until they have inventory...maybe in the new building...to replace them while they go down). Or maybe they just feel they don't need conversion (unlikely, I admit).

But looking at what has happened with AKL/AKV, I just don't know. It's been a mess, from an AKL guest viewpoint, with relocations galore, many giving the guests MORE than they paid for..upgrades to SSR or Poly lagoon view, etc. I'd just be shocked to see them try it again, in an older building that's HARDER to remodel. Maybe.....I mean, with Disney, you never do know...but I'd be surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter