• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wow. that's really spot on. I think it may be safe to say at least 1 will be for a concierge club booking category. now what about the others? I don't think the other cutouts are grand villas. The grand villas will likely be at the top of the tower.
I agree that the top of the tower is looking grand villa. What if the whole tower was concierge? There would be no public space above the ground floor. It would be a way to be the same association, yet limit access with an inflated point chart. It would be the only DVC club level property (except for those couple AK rooms that are impossible to get). Who cares how crowded the lobby gets with flow through traffic if you can get your snacks, coffee, and drinks from the butler up in the club level lounge.🤩

I agree that the top of the tower is looking grand villa. What if the whole tower was concierge? There would be no public space above the ground floor. It would be a way to be the same association, yet limit access with an inflated point chart. It would be the only DVC club level property (except for those couple AK rooms that are impossible to get). Who cares how crowded the lobby gets with flow through traffic if you can get your snacks, coffee, and drinks from the butler up in the club level lounge.🤩
Let us know if DVC calls you with a job offer sight unseen based on this bold out-of-the box thinking. 🤣

Honestly it makes a lot of sense to me except I’m not sure there are enough people willing to part with their precious points for a 40pt/night standard studio and it would only go up from there. Does anyone know what the least expensive concierge Savannah view studios at AKV run? 😵‍💫

I actually think that would be the worst case scenario for me. I have zero desire to stay in a concierge club level...ever.

Even if all 4 cutouts were club areas, I don’t think they could meet the demand for the entire tower. Imagine 2000 guests trying to get a bowl of cereal in the morning from those cutouts. The staff would struggle to keep things stocked.

Let us know if DVC calls you with a job offer sight unseen based on this bold out-of-the box thinking. 🤣

Honestly it makes a lot of sense to me except I’m not sure there are enough people willing to part with their precious points for a 40pt/night standard studio and it would only go up from there. Does anyone know what the least expensive concierge Savannah view studios at AKV run? 😵‍💫
😆 I read a blog post today about the Poly club level at the hotel and it stated that the standard view club room was approximately + $265 above the non discounted rack rate for a similar non club room. So I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of + 15 points for club level 🤷🏼‍♀️ maybe ?!?

What if there was a “club car” on the monorail? Would you stay if you had dedicated transportation?
Nope! I never find these club levels to be worth it whether it’s Disney, Marriott, Hyatt, etc. While it does give a sense of “luxury” and exclusivity, I always find myself wanting more. I hate feeling obligated to go to the club because I’m paying for it, only to feel let down by the small bites of food and drink options that day.

I’d rather save that extra money spent on club level, and go to a restaurant I know me and my family will love - narcoosee’s, citricos, boma, Sanaa, topolinos, trattoria al forno, Ohana, boathouse, etc.

Last edited:
Nope! I never find these club levels to be worth it whether it’s Disney, Marriott, Hyatt, etc. While it does give a sense of “luxury” and exclusivity, I always find myself wanting more. I hate feeling obligated to go to the club because I’m paying for it, only to feel let down by the small bites of food and drink options that day.

I’d rather save that extra money spent on club level, and go to a restaurant I know me and my family will love - narcoosee’s, citricos, boma, Sanaa, topolinos, trattoria al forno, Ohana, boathouse, etc.
We like club level some places but it feels like a waste at Disney where we don’t spend much time at the resort and generally want to have unique Disney dining experiences for most lunch/dinner meals (and eat tons of snacks and treats in the parks).

Having said that, I’ve seen (unfounded as far as i can tell) rumors that club level guests might get extra advance FP selections when advance booking returns, in which case I’ll probably find a way to rationalize the cost of extra points (if it’s ever even possible to book club with points), or maybe I’ll sell some of my DVC and go back to club level at the Swolphin. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter