Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my fellow Poly2 speculators, how are we feeling about 7 month and 11 month availability for, say, the first 2-3 years of the tower being open? I'm guessing studio availability will be tough, even at 11 months, with all the existing Poly points out there, owned by people planning to book studios (since that's all there was when they bought). 1BR+ probably not too bad for owners, but still will need to book right at 11 mos.

7 months tough across the board, studios basically impossible. I fully expect to have to pony up for a 1BR at 7 mos, if I can even get that. If the standard view 1BR are roughly 2x a studio cost, those will be like BWV standard view, forget it at 7 mos. Lake view and (heaven forbid) theme park view 1BR and 2BR categories will probably have some 7mo availability due to high point costs.

Being part of the existing assn turned me off of Poly2 direct, but I'll be watching closely over the next couple of years. If 11 month booking turns out to be not as bad as I fear I could see buying Poly resale or even direct with good incentives.

So, my fellow Poly2 speculators, how are we feeling about 7 month and 11 month availability for, say, the first 2-3 years of the tower being open? I'm guessing studio availability will be tough, even at 11 months, with all the existing Poly points out there, owned by people planning to book studios (since that's all there was when they bought). 1BR+ probably not too bad for owners, but still will need to book right at 11 mos.

7 months tough across the board, studios basically impossible. I fully expect to have to pony up for a 1BR at 7 mos, if I can even get that. If the standard view 1BR are roughly 2x a studio cost, those will be like BWV standard view, forget it at 7 mos. Lake view and (heaven forbid) theme park view 1BR and 2BR categories will probably have some 7mo availability due to high point costs.

Being part of the existing assn turned me off of Poly2 direct, but I'll be watching closely over the next couple of years. If 11 month booking turns out to be not as bad as I fear I could see buying Poly resale or even direct with good incentives.
Hard to say without knowing more about the rooms.

Yes, there's a lot of pent-up demand from existing owners. I'd love to book a 2BR instead of two Studios. (On the other hand, I wouldn't bother with a 1BR or Studio -- I love my longhouses!)

But if tower studios cost significantly more points? Or if the studios are smaller, or lack the second shower area? That'll dissuade some people. And some new PVB owners will want to book in the longhouses, for the classic experience, or just to stretch their points. And who knows, they might even snag a Bungalow reservation here and there?

Overall I'm sure it'll be mad for the first few years, but I think this really brings balance to the resort long-term.

I’m going to try for Poly Tower at 7 months for our Feb 3-7, 2025 trip. Hoping to have a decent shot. Backup plan is long house or just keeping my VGF booking. When BPK/VGF and VDH opened, availability stayed open longer than I expected. Seems there’s a phase where access finally opens yet the majority of owners are already set in other plans. Out of sight out of mind for some (wasn’t an option when they booked so they’re not even thinking about it) or too hard to pivot from current booking or trip schedule (point-wise, date-wise, etc). Gradually bookings grow into typical patterns. I feel like the best chances are sooner over later.

Hard to say without knowing more about the rooms.

Yes, there's a lot of pent-up demand from existing owners. I'd love to book a 2BR instead of two Studios. (On the other hand, I wouldn't bother with a 1BR or Studio -- I love my longhouses!)

But if tower studios cost significantly more points? Or if the studios are smaller, or lack the second shower area? That'll dissuade some people. And some new PVB owners will want to book in the longhouses, for the classic experience, or just to stretch their points. And who knows, they might even snag a Bungalow reservation here and there?

Overall I'm sure it'll be mad for the first few years, but I think this really brings balance to the resort long-term.
Unfortunately, I don't think studios in the new tower will have a 2nd shower area. If you look at the plans below, you'll see the standard studio labeled #1 has a private toilet and then shower area. #2 appears to be a wheelchair accessible room with a roll in shower and non-private toilet area. #3 is a "duo" studio with a walk in shower.

Like you said, this very well could limit a lot of current PVB owners who love the 2 showers and space of the longhouse studios. They may not be as tempted as originally thought.

1715111709821.png

Unfortunately, I don't think studios in the new tower will have a 2nd shower area. If you look at the plans below, you'll see the standard studio labeled #1 has a private toilet and then shower area. #2 appears to be a wheelchair accessible room with a roll in shower and non-private toilet area. #3 is a "duo" studio with a walk in shower.

Like you said, this very well could limit a lot of current PVB owners who love the 2 showers and space of the longhouse studios. They may not be as tempted as originally thought.

View attachment 857705
This applies to us. I think generally we’re going to prefer the long houses. Since visiting as a couple in Feb 2025 it seemed best time for us to give the shiny new tower a shot. But likely we decide either the long houses are better, or the long houses are still very acceptable when we can’t get tower booking. Both end with less pressure on tower bookings. In either case I’m not waiting to use my points only when tower is bookable.

95% of existing owners will want to try out the tower, and 99% of new owners will too.
See, those numbers seem crazy high to me, if the Tower studios are both smaller and more expensive. I think it'll still be a madhouse, but I don't think 95% are in a hurry to book a smaller room for more points. (Those are both assumptions, but I think fair ones.)

See, those numbers seem crazy high to me, if the Tower studios are both smaller and more expensive. I think it'll still be a madhouse, but I don't think 95% are in a hurry to book a smaller room for more points. (Those are both assumptions, but I think fair ones.)
I personally think tower studios will match the current point chart. I think the tower will introduce theme park view and create another tier like VGF did

I’m exaggerating a bit.
But people generally want to try the new thing, especially since this has been coming for years now, and that’ll take a while to work its way through the system.

As a current PVB1 owner, we plan on sticking to the longhouses if the new tower doesn't have the second shower.

Actually, we would still probably have stuck to the longhouses regardless... Would maybe try for a 2Bdrm sometime, but I have a feeling that the point charts will keep us elsewhere...
Same. We love the longhouses and will continue to stay there. The 2bdrm is tempting but it will be crazy points and I also worry I would miss the atmosphere of the longhouses .

We are PVB owners who want to try the tower.
Until more details come out about the tower, rooms, and building amenities can’t really know out long term plans. Not sure they will deliver a wow with tower after VDH taxes and CFW dues.

Current thoughts are longhouses for studios (size, shower plus tub/shower, two bathroom sinks to get ready, large rooms, better location (near TTC and Poly bus stop).
Duo studios, 1BR, and 2BR we plan on tower since those are the only options. Bungalows and GVs are unlikely to ever be something we book.

If tower really ends up with only 6 dedicated 2BRs, we are seriously considering a FW/GW for early/mid December. Alternatively, considering a FW/GW duo studio for Oct or early Dec. Keeping our other points to use for other options. If lots of 2BRs we may just add more PVB points.

The more I learn about the trust the more afraid I become. Feeling like RIV and PVB tower are the end of the line for our DVC purchases.

Now that we are back from our first stay at the Polynesian Villas, I will say that I do really like the resort, the transportation options, the restaurants, the firework viewing, and the pool. We really enjoyed it and I'm sure we will try to stay there again at some point. We liked the extra shower and sink, and found the room a bit bigger than the studio we came from at the Grand Floridian. Depending on what they have in store for the tower, we may even buy some points there in the future.

That being said, I do think they need to have a lot of amenities in that tower for us to want to buy in. Most of the time the resort itself was fine, but the pool and the restaurants do have problems with availability. We didn't use the pool much but it was always crowded. There was someone clearing chairs after a while which was good. Dining availability was terrible. If you don't get reservations 60 days in advance, you aren't getting any except for Kona or quick service options.

For dining and other amenities there were definitely a lot of off site guests utilizing them. Especially on Friday night, when the lobby was packed during dinner time, then we went to watch the fireworks on the beach. We luckily got a couple chairs since we were there pretty early but there were a lot of people. We overheard many of them on the beach saying how they would never be able to stay at the Poly, and that it's way too expensive, but they love coming there since they live nearby, etc. So I do think they either need a lot more amenities or to have some ways to make sure that Poly guests get first crack at the amenities they do have. Maybe wristbands for the pool, chairs at the beach, etc. Also maybe being able to book even further ahead for dining at the resort that your stay is at would help members out as well. Maybe 65 or 70 days for example. But overall it was a great time! The tower is coming along but I really want more info!

Now that we are back from our first stay at the Polynesian Villas, I will say that I do really like the resort, the transportation options, the restaurants, the firework viewing, and the pool. We really enjoyed it and I'm sure we will try to stay there again at some point. We liked the extra shower and sink, and found the room a bit bigger than the studio we came from at the Grand Floridian. Depending on what they have in store for the tower, we may even buy some points there in the future.

That being said, I do think they need to have a lot of amenities in that tower for us to want to buy in. Most of the time the resort itself was fine, but the pool and the restaurants do have problems with availability. We didn't use the pool much but it was always crowded. There was someone clearing chairs after a while which was good. Dining availability was terrible. If you don't get reservations 60 days in advance, you aren't getting any except for Kona or quick service options.

For dining and other amenities there were definitely a lot of off site guests utilizing them. Especially on Friday night, when the lobby was packed during dinner time, then we went to watch the fireworks on the beach. We luckily got a couple chairs since we were there pretty early but there were a lot of people. We overheard many of them on the beach saying how they would never be able to stay at the Poly, and that it's way too expensive, but they love coming there since they live nearby, etc. So I do think they either need a lot more amenities or to have some ways to make sure that Poly guests get first crack at the amenities they do have. Maybe wristbands for the pool, chairs at the beach, etc. Also maybe being able to book even further ahead for dining at the resort that your stay is at would help members out as well. Maybe 65 or 70 days for example. But overall it was a great time! The tower is coming along but I really want more info!
Glad to hear you enjoyed your first stay at the poly! Also, I couldn’t agree more about poly guests getting a 5-10 day advantage on booking dining reservations at the poly. It should be that way for every resort to be honest.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your first stay at the poly! Also, I couldn’t agree more about poly guests getting a 5-10 day advantage on booking dining reservations at the poly. It should be that way for every resort to be honest.
I would LOVE a 90-day resort booking advantage, and 60-day booking for other WDW guests.

Or else, manage blocks of reservations by audience (hotel guests, WDW guests, off-site guests) similar to how they had inventory of park reservations for APs, on-site, and off-site.

To some extent, this is a zero-sum game. Making it easier for Poly guests to get a reservation makes it harder for everybody else. And if it were WDW-wide policy, it would make it harder for us to book reservations at other resorts. (Lookin' at you, Chef Mickey, 1901 Park Fare, and Steakhouse '71). But overall, I think it would be a fair trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter