• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Let's start a picture thread for families of the day!!!

Buckeye Princess

DIS Veteran
As it seems like others are interested in this idea, I'm updating with a suggestion for standard nomenclature so that as the thread grows, it will be easy to search. Please include with your photo the following:

Park- Use MK, AK, EP, or HS
Date- Please use MM/DD/YYYY format

If we all use this then it will be easy to search as the thread gets dauntingly large.

So I've noticed a few times on the boards someone looking to see if anyone took pictures of park opening or a parade/show because they were the family of the day or chosen to take part in something special. This got me thinking. There is probably a diser at every park, every day.

I think we should all collectively commit to taking some pictures of these type events where people are chosen to take part as a family. We all seem to have digital cameras to taking a few shots will only take a few moments of our time. As word gets around hopefully we can build to a point where there are pictures of every day.

Then upon our return we have a dedicated thread for each theme park where we can post these pictures. This will give anyone looking a single location to hopefully find that their memory is captured on film. Even is someone is not a diser, perhaps they will find these boards as we are all so friendly that if we saw them in the park we'd let them know about this wonderful place.

I've never been lucky enough to be selected to open a park or be in parade, but if I one day am, I would definitely like to have a picture to remember it by.

We could set some guidelines such as everyone posts the picture and in the title of their post puts the park as well as the date. If everyone likes this idea I can come up with some standards to make it easier to search.

Mods- Perhaps you can suggest if there is a better board for this and maybe we could have a sticky that would link up to the threads for each park.

Are you all with me???

I love the idea! pixiedust:
As a matter of fact, we should all try to make a point of trying to catch photos of the Family Of The Day whenever we can, just to help other people capture their magical moments!

I'm in. We will be at the world in Feb. I will take pics of the families while there.

I like this post because i am still looking for any pics/video of MK dec 17,2009. We were the family of the day and it was my son's 12th bday.
Thanks to anyone that can help.
Kathie

This pic was taken of us by a Photopass photographer. We were chosen as Family of the Day at Animal Kingdom on November 5, 2008 to ride in the Jungle Jammin' Parade with Mickey Mouse.... Memories that will last forever!!!

image0241.jpg

I posted my video of the MK opening ceremony, taken on May 27, 2009. Shortly after posting, I received a message from the family saying thanks, that they were the family of the day in my video. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVLJ2QvGD4Q

Sorry it's so jumpy, DGD was jumping up and down and I was VERY distracted! :laughing:

This is a really neat idea! I would love to see any pictures or videos out there from October 18, 2009 when we were lucky enough to be the opening family at Magic Kingdom!

AWESOME!!!! So tell us how did you get to be chosen for this? Was it during extra (early) magic hours? Either way that's great!!!!

AWESOME!!!! So tell us how did you get to be chosen for this? Was it during extra (early) magic hours? Either way that's great!!!!

Thanks! We just happened to be in the right place at the right time! It was on a Sunday when there was not extra magic hours and the park opened at 9.

Great idea for a thread. I didn't have very good angles on any of the chosen families on my last trip, but I posted what I had. If you are in any of my photos, PM me and I can send you a higher res copy.

This is a great idea. I don't have any pictures of any families but I was once picked to be a part of Woody's Roundup Camp thing in June 07. And I'm never picked for anything!!! :rotfl:

My wife and I were the couple of the day in the opening show at DHS (then MGM) on 7/12/2007...anyone have pics of that?

Thanks!

What a great idea! Maybe if it catches on, you can keep a list at the beginning of the thread of the dates shown at what parks, and what post they are so people can see if anyone captured their magical moment!

My daughter and I got to help open DHS on 9/27/09. It was one of our best Disney days ever!

fotdcarresize.jpg

My greatest dream has been to help open the Magic Kingdom. We got to see the opening on 10/1/09 and captured the moment for someone else. This family was from our hometown of Kansas City. I hope they hang out here and can use the photo. I have several others too! PM me if this is you!

fotdmk.jpg

Anyone else wondering how this experience will change once Toontown closes????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter