Lifelong Dream- August 2014: My PTR

I'm joining along too! We stayed at SSR in May & I can't see us staying anywhere else in future. It is gorgeous! Ur plans sound great & I can't wait to read the trip report.

My DH said that our 2012 trip would be his first & only trip (I've been a few times before) but obviously we've been this year & are toying with 2016 now! Enjoy the last few days of ur countdown :-)

I seriously hope I manage to convince him this won't be our only trip... I'm crossing everything that he falls in love with WDW (or at least the idea of a holiday where he can swim at the hotel, and I can go and meet Mickey and be totally safe without having to drive myself anywhere!!)

missnic07 said:
I'm dying to pack too!

I may resort to a box at the moment- collecting things for WDW (like my autograph book and sharpies, pack-a-mack, chill-it scarf, new sunscreen, etc). I can't believe I've resisted so long, but now school is finished for the summer, it feels like we're really close to our trip now!! :D

I seriously hope I manage to convince him this won't be our only trip... I'm crossing everything that he falls in love with WDW (or at least the idea of a holiday where he can swim at the hotel, and I can go and meet Mickey and be totally safe without having to drive myself anywhere!!) I may resort to a box at the moment- collecting things for WDW (like my autograph book and sharpies, pack-a-mack, chill-it scarf, new sunscreen, etc). I can't believe I've resisted so long, but now school is finished for the summer, it feels like we're really close to our trip now!! :D

Yes! The school I work in broke up on Friday for the summer and it definitely feels more real now!
I've actually wrote a list of thinks I need to pack because I know I'll forget at the last minute (chargers, memory card for camera etc) and just keep adding to it when I think of more things :)

Sooooooo... I now have WAY to much time to spend on the DIS! Must actually do some work... but just want to think Disney!!

24 days out... and here's our Mickey Mail!!!

10420209_10154431785625440_2711428233395276180_n_zpsc06b16c6.jpg

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

So exciting! :cool1:

I got a text from Virgin Holidays today saying our travel documents will be with us very soon....!! Eek! :goodvibes

I'm planning on working my way through as many Disney films as I can at the moment... the ones in bold are the ones I've already seen, the ones with stars are the ones I have already (re)watched since we booked our trip, and the underlined ones are the ones I hope to see (again) before we go... am I missing any?

1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2. Pinocchio
3. Fantasia *
4. Dumbo
5. Bambi

6. Saludos Amigos
7. The Three Caballeros
8. Make Mine Music
9. Fun and Fancy Free
10. Melody Time
11. Ichabod & Mr Toad
12. Cinderella *
13. Alice and Wonderland
14. Peter Pan *
15. Lady and the Tramp
16. Sleeping Beauty *
17. 101 Dalmatians
18. The Sword in the Stone
19. The Jungle Book
20. The Aristocats
21. Robin Hood
22. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
23. The Rescuers *
24. The Fox and The Hound
25. The Black Cauldron
26. Basil The Great Mouse Detective
27. Oliver and Company
28. The Little Mermaid *
29. The Rescuers Down Under
30. Beauty and the Beast
31. Aladdin *
32. The Lion King
33. Pocahontas
34. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
35. Hercules *
36. Mulan

37. Tarzan
38. Fantasia 2000
39. Emperor's New Groove (saving this one for the plane)
40. Atlantis
41. Lilo and Stitch *
42. Treasure Planet
43. Brother Bear
44. Home on the Range
45. Chicken Little
46. The Wild
47. Meet the Robinsons
48. Bolt
49. The Princess And The Frog *
50. Tangled *
51. Wreck It Ralph *
52. Frozen *

If you read my bucket list (way back in post #12, on the first page), you'll know one of the things I was hoping to do whilst we visit WDW was to meet up with Jen, creator of Cake Wrecks/EPBOT... I woke up this morning to an email from her lovely husband John to say they'd arranged to come over to Epcot to meet us on the 21st! :D Hooray!

Unfortunately, the time they suggested was just 25 minutes before our ADR at Akershus... but much to my surprise, we were able to grab a lunchtime ADR instead (not quite the menu I hoped for as I like the look of dinner better, but not the end of the world!) so we can have our main meal done before we meet them. Moving our ADR meant our FP+ were not workable, but a few clicks sorted that (loads of choice to move our Soarin' FP+, much to my surprise!) HOORAY! We're going to meet Jen!! :D

To watch now:

2. Pinocchio
4. Dumbo
13. Alice and Wonderland
15. Lady and the Tramp
17. 101 Dalmatians
22. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
25. The Black Cauldron
30. Beauty and the Beast
32. The Lion King
33. Pocahontas
34. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
37. Tarzan
45. Chicken Little
47. Meet the Robinsons

We picked up our currency from Thomas Cook (best rate locally)- and I was very impressed. We even got $1 bills from them. When we hit NYC last summer, we had loads of $100 and $50 bills, which was a bit of a pain, but the lovely lady at TC gave me everything in $20 bills and smaller. Very happy.

We visited a friend for dinner on Friday, and he gave us another $150, with the instruction to bring him back a Goofy hat and "something outrageously Disney"! We shall have fun with that!

We also booked our train tickets yesterday (picking them up later today) for our journey to the airport, so minus the packing we are ready to go! :D EEEEK!

Debating packing a small bag each with a few tops, underwear and pjs, due to the Gatwick's current problems with baggage handling... Not sure whether to or not at the moment.

Watched Dumbo and Meet the Robinsons yesterday...

Got my final pre-birthday gift in the post today from my dad (I asked those who normally buy gifts if I could have money to spend at WDW instead)... which brings my personal spending money that I don't have to worry about to around $400!! EEEK! So excited! There are so many things I want to bring home! :D Plus I've asked DH to buy me something special whilst we're there too, so hopefully I will be coming home with some lovely souvenirs! :D

8 days to go... and I just want to go now! I don't know how I'll wait another week! Hurry up 18th!

Although, it's our wedding anniversary on Thursday, so that'll be good! Hoping the weather is kind so we can have fish and chips on the beach :D

Just read through your PTR and enjoying your enthusiasm for WDW :goodvibes

You have a great trip planned and you certainly seem clued up on everything. When checking in at SSR I would mention you are celebrating your anniversary and get badges to wear (if you want to :))

As you mentioned, it is lovely to talk to like minded people and I am awaiting the return of a friend who is at WDW right now so we can have a good chinwag about her holiday and look at her photos etc etc!!

I am now looking forward to your trip report :thumbsup2

Just read through your PTR and enjoying your enthusiasm for WDW :goodvibes

You have a great trip planned and you certainly seem clued up on everything. When checking in at SSR I would mention you are celebrating your anniversary and get badges to wear (if you want to :))

As you mentioned, it is lovely to talk to like minded people and I am awaiting the return of a friend who is at WDW right now so we can have a good chinwag about her holiday and look at her photos etc etc!!

I am now looking forward to your trip report :thumbsup2

Thank you :)

I decided last week to order a portable phone charger, as I'm not convinced how well mine will survive the day at WDW, especially as the bright sun is likely to mean I can't keep the screen brightness on it's lowest setting... Charger arrived today... Hooray! :D

Thank you :)

I decided last week to order a portable phone charger, as I'm not convinced how well mine will survive the day at WDW, especially as the bright sun is likely to mean I can't keep the screen brightness on it's lowest setting... Charger arrived today... Hooray! :D

Ive been thinking of getting one of those too. Just in case really lol But I was thinking its only one more thing to carry. Im in 2 minds now lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter