Lifelong Dream- August 2014: My PTR

I've seen a tutu style skirt on Etsy then I'll get a corset to go with it (probably slightly steampunk style as I've wanted one for ages anyway!). Debating whether to wig or not. I'm thinking I'll just go to our ADR at Raglan Road and La Nouba already in costume so I don't have to spend time getting changed.

That sounds really cool. I love steampunk style stuff! :)

I wonder what the rules are with early entry to a party in costume? As we have park hoppers, I can arrive whenever I like, but I don't want to get turned away if I'm in costume too early, and have to wait around outside DHS!

Changing the plans!

We had been so set on having dinner at Le Cellier on our last night, and spending our final day at Epcot... but we've been hearing bad reports about LC recently, so thought about a little rethink.

As I'm now only doing a half day at AK (as I'm going to the Villains Unleashed in the evening), and we both love animals, we were thinking we might want more time there... I was also wondering about actually spending our final evening in MK (especially as there are evening EMH that night), and using the morning to re-visit any park we felt we needed more time in or chill at the resort if necessary (Saturday will be a late night!)

After a bit of umm-ing and ahh-ing about where to eat, I managed to snag ADRs for both CRT and California Grill to hold while I made my mind up about which one we were actually going to do...

I've been thinking about it all day today, and come to the conclusion that if DH has his way, and we never go back to WDW, then I will regret missing the opportunity to have dinner at CRT... so that's the plan! We have a 7pm dinner at CRT booked, and then can see Wishes and hit the rides on our final evening! :banana::banana:

I'm so excited!! :D

Updated Plans

August 18th- Travel to Gatwick, fly with BA, arrive at MCO, check in to SSR :D
August 19th- DHS- Dinner at Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package)
August 20th- MK- Dinner at BOG
August 21st- Epcot- Dinner at Akerhus
August 22nd- MK- Pre-Rope Drop Breakfast at Crystal Palace
August 23rd- AK- late lunch at Tusker House, then Clare back to resort to get ready for evening at DHS (Villains Unleashed)
August 24th- AM at whatever park we feel most need to visit again (or a water park), PM at MK (dinner at CRT)
August 25th- AM- DTD, PM- DME back to the airport and home :(

FP+ all booked this morning! HOORAY!

We got everything we wanted, so very pleased with that!

So, the plans are:

August 19th- DHS- TSMM, TOT, Star Tours
August 20th- MK- SDMT, Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion
August 21st- Epcot- Soarin', Maelstrom and Mission Space
August 22nd- MK- Anna and Elsa/Rapunzel (we have one on each of our bands, and I will swap bands with DH to go and do both), Space Mountain, Splash Mountain
August 23rd- EE, Safari and Dinosaur
August 24th- not planning on hitting MK till the afternoon, so booked for FoF parade, SDMT and Wishes :) We'll probably save the headliners for the EMH

So, we may have spent a bit more money (whoops) and booked the Premium Package for the Frozen Summer Fun event... mainly to save time during the day, but also because the dessert party sounds great (alcohol included, and no extra tip? FTW!) Our visit to DHS on on our first day in the parks (19th) and I love the sound of the Frozen events, but I know DH won't want to line up to get into the sing along, nor will I really. I suspect DH won't bother going in, probably just me for the sing along, but the price doesn't seen too bad to say it includes all tips and taxes for the food and drink you get (works out around £35 a head at current exchange rate). Reports today so far seem good, so hopefully we won't be cancelling that one!

The CM I spoke to to book it was lovely- very friendly and helpful! :)

Getting more and more excited now... 44 days to go! :D

Today is 300 days since we booked! Just 42 days (six weeks!) to go! So blooming excited!!! :D

Ah I contemplated booking the Frozen package too but we already have the Wishes dessert party booked and the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise, so I couldn't justify it :(. You'll have so much fun tho! The desserts looked fab from the pics I saw!

41 days for me today. It's sooo exciting :D

One month today! Just one whole month and we are going to WDW. By this time, we should be a couple of hours into our flight and heading across the Atlantic!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Just now stumbled upon your PTR! Celebrating the countdown with you!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I've stayed at SSR and I thought it was very relaxing and I enjoyed being so close to DTD! Have a great trip! :goodvibes

30 days! :cool1: It seems like only yesterday it was DD dance day!

I can't wait to hear about the Frozen event, it is over by the time we arrive :guilty: but can't wait to hear what you thought and see any pics!

30 days! :cool1: It seems like only yesterday it was DD dance day!

I can't wait to hear about the Frozen event, it is over by the time we arrive :guilty: but can't wait to hear what you thought and see any pics!

I know! It seems like we only just did our FP+ booking, but that was 30 days ago already, so let's hope the next 30 fly past.

I'll be sure to post a good long trip report when we get back! ;) I'm so excited to surprise my husband with the Premium Package when we go to to the Frozen events! :)

Hair appointment booked for next week because:

1. My hair is too long
2. My hair is too hot
3. I'm having it chopped as part of my Rapunzel costume for Villains Unleashed... there's no way I'm wearing a long wig in the Florida heat, so I'm going for Rapunzel's final look after Flynn cuts her hair, as mine is the right colour for that anyway... hooray!

Oddly enough, this feels like another step towards our trip! Hooray!

SUBBIN'popcorn::

can't wait 2 hear more.:goodvibes

T.T.F.N:wave2:
&
CHEERS Y'ALL

I'm joining along too! We stayed at SSR in May & I can't see us staying anywhere else in future. It is gorgeous! Ur plans sound great & I can't wait to read the trip report.

My DH said that our 2012 trip would be his first & only trip (I've been a few times before) but obviously we've been this year & are toying with 2016 now! Enjoy the last few days of ur countdown :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter