Limited Time Magic ..... just a huge disappointment!

Jennasis said:
I'll be in MK for March 3rd, wo I'm looking forward to that particular LTM.

Anybody know what the promo is for March 4?

Nothing announced. Expect maybe something on Friday.

As I stated before, they have not promoted Limited Time Magic as a bunch of huge things that will blow people out of the water. If you go look at their web sit it states "Limited Time Magic offers a little pixie dust to make the time spent together at Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort extra special". They never claimed they would have huge promotions, or giant give-aways.....

...... a little pixie dust. They never promised anything big or out of this world. Just a little extra magic.
E
But that is exactly my point!!!!
They are taking every day happenings and putting a "Limited Time Magic" label on it! How is this in any way "limited" or "a little extra magic"?

How does taking what happens all the time and adding the title to it, make it "a little pixie dust"?
I'm not looking for huge or spectacular! But I am looking for extra!

They are taking every day happenings and putting a "Limited Time Magic" label on it! How is this in any way "limited" or "a little extra magic"?

How does taking what happens all the time and adding the title to it, make it "a little pixie dust"?

They are having the Dapper Dans sing boy band music. That is new, and a little extra magic. I think it would be pretty neat to hear.

I never expected anything huge or to "blow me out of the water"!
And I totally agree the we experience magic and those "special moments" every time we go!
But Disney is the one promoting something "extra" in calling it Limited Time Magic. And they have not delivered!
Having Dapper Dans sing is what they do every day! Just because they chose a different song does not make it special or "magical". I have heard them sing many times and they have many times sung something different and impromptu!
I still say Disney needs to take a hard look at this and either change it up and truly "make it magical" or throw in the towel and hope people just forget about it!
It has become an embarrassment.

We don't forget things very easily, lol. Think Pink Cake Castle. :crazy2:

I am STILL laughing about the soup! :rotfl: I do have to say I LOVE the idea of long lost friends, and honestly, I think if all they did was promise to re-release some long lost friends every week, people would be pretty happy. Like a Disney Afternoon Week, Dogs week (101 Dalmations, Lady & the Tramp, etc) or even just where you KNOW someone unique will show up that day, but not who. I think that would be fun and I can't think it would cost Disney a lot to dust off old costumes. I do agree this has been a let down, I feel like Disney dropped the ball as well, but I am still thrilled to be going this year! :thumbsup2

We don't forget things very easily, lol. Think Pink Cake Castle. :crazy2:

I think I must be the only person in the world that really liked the birthday cake castle
:rotfl:

and I had a great time taking pictures at long lost friends , would love them out again

E

Maybe someone in Marketing decided over looked and every day happenings needed some highlighting and recognition. It is not costing hardly anything extra, just using what is there. I think all the Disney money went to George Lucas, nothing is left over.

I made an extra trip for Long Lost Friends week. I know there are others who did the same. Disney got extra $ from me. Isn't that what a promo is supposed to do?

Soup. Nobody made an extra trip for that one. We happened to be there on our week vacation though. The soup was less than magical IMHO. However, I met Tweedle Dee&dum plus Yellow Rabbit that week. Way better than soup. Why didn't they promote that?

We also caught part of True Love week. We ere excited to meet the princes, but never found any of the special merchandise they advertised. So Disney missed an opportunity to get more $.

The point is that Disney built an ice castle in NYC. Yes, I expect more out of LTM. As stated, dusting off some old costumes would Not be expensive and would likely make them some more $.

Really starting to worry that Villains Bash is going to be a disappointment.

I made an extra trip for Long Lost Friends week. I know there are others who did the same. Disney got extra $ from me. Isn't that what a promo is supposed to do?

Soup. Nobody made an extra trip for that one. We happened to be there on our week vacation though. The soup was less than magical IMHO. However, I met Tweedle Dee&dum plus Yellow Rabbit that week. Way better than soup. Why didn't they promote that?

We also caught part of True Love week. We ere excited to meet the princes, but never found any of the special merchandise they advertised. So Disney missed an opportunity to get more $.

The point is that Disney built an ice castle in NYC. Yes, I expect more out of LTM. As stated, dusting off some old costumes would Not be expensive and would likely make them some more $.

Really starting to worry that Villains Bash is going to be a disappointment.

Really hope not! We are going just for that! ;)

OhMari said:
Maybe someone in Marketing decided over looked and every day happenings needed some highlighting and recognition. It is not costing hardly anything extra, just using what is there. I think all the Disney money went to George Lucas, nothing is left over.

GGRREEAATTT! so Next will be

Random characters at park opening...

Play sorcerers of MK...

Chance to ride on a double decker bus

Meet Minnie, Donald, daisy and goofy In Their circus attire!

;-)

E

I agree with you Cindy!!

MrsDuck said:
I certainly don't go for the special weeks but if Disney says they're doing 52 weeks of special things, I expect that they'll do it. That's why everyone is so upset. It's not really because we care so much about the weeks themselves but the fact that Disney really has dropped the ball.

This is well stated, MrsDuck!

I really liked this idea when I heard about it on NYE. I thought it was ambitious to have something "new" every week, but if anyone could do it, it would be Disney. I say recycle the Long Lost Friends week for folks - there was great feedback on that week :)

Looks like Disney changed things up a bit......
Instead of something "new" .... Limited Time Magic... every week...
they are doing a 2+ month long LTM trolley show!? :confused3

Seriously??
all they did was give them new costumes..... which they desperately needed anyway! and put some nice flowers on the trolley.... to go right along with the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot.

I love the singers and the trolley and look forward to watching them every trip. And it will be GREAT to see them in new costumes.
But.... seriously ..... to call it limited time magic??!! :confused3

They are having the Dapper Dans sing boy band music. That is new, and a little extra magic. I think it would be pretty neat to hear.

I thought so too until I YouTubed it. My husband and I watched 5 different guests videos and all 5 of them were the exact same set. They did small little snippets of one Backstreet Boys song, one One Direction song, and one N'Sync song. It was cute, but if you were there all week and wanted to catch it multiple times it would've been boring to keep hearing the same thing over and over. The Disneyland one was the exact same thing too, but just a slightly different script for the banter before and after. I mean, c'mon Disney, I understand if you're trying to save money, but something like this could've had a lot more variety for not a lot of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter