Limited Time Magic ..... just a huge disappointment!

well the limited time magic that had 3 little pigs, big bad wolf, scrooge etc seemed to go down well..........the queues to see these characters was ridiculously huge.

we got pics from afar but that was it.

texasteacher35 said:
Omg thanks so much!!!
My pleasure!! :)

princessallegra said:
We feel the same way. I mean people are literally complaining they don't like the extra stuff! The Canada pavilion was amazing for our friends and their little one. Yet plenty of people couldn't wait to say how stupid it was to make it snow, and have the big cheese and co in their cute outfits. Can anyone hear how ungrateful and childish they sound? It's an Extra promotion! Idk to me it's just bizarre to complain about a lot of things people complain about on here. We practice daily gratitude in our family, and it's a beautiful thing.
I'm with you!!

texasteacher35 said:
I hear ya! I completely agree with you, too! I am super glad to be on my Disney Vacation and I am definitely not going to nit-pick! That would be miserable, and I am the opposite of that! I love my Disney vacations! They always turn out awesome!!
And with you!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We will be there for a couple of days during True Love week. I hope that my husband and I have the opportunity to get a photo with one of the Disney couples! Wouldn't that be a great memento of our trip?!

so I didn't care much for the Limited soup. However, I got to meet Yellow Rabbit and Tweedle Dee & Dum this week. Why didn't they advertise that?

That's cool! Nice to see those rare characters! Maybe sometimes they like to keep it a surprise and spread the magic! LOL

Anyone have any guesses as to what stores will be selling the "limited" edition merchandise for True Love Week?

I'll be there Monday with some friends from out of town, so I don't want to derail their day too much by looking all around the stores.

Feb. 25-Mar. 3 it's the Dapper Dans. That's when I'll be there. I like the Dapper Dans, but sorry, this is not anything magical nor does it feel like one of Disney's special promotions. Lame.

I really hope that the 2014 promotion dream team is working on their next campaign. It better be special for next year because 2013 has been an absolute joke. Except for the rare characters. Universal must be laughing in disbelief after every lame magical announcement Disney makes.

I really hope that the 2014 promotion dream team is working on their next campaign. It better be special for next year because 2013 has been an absolute joke. Except for the rare characters. Universal must be laughing in disbelief after every lame magical announcement Disney makes.

When you read the blurb about it on the Disney web site, it doesn't sound as if it was meant to be anything huge. Just cute little extras. If people built it up in their own heads as something huge and impressive, and they are now disappointed, they only have themselves to blame.

I think too many people are jaded and only want things that are BIG and IMPRESSIVE. A lot of what makes Disney special is the little things. Not everything new has to be big and blow you out of the water fancy.

maxiesmom said:
When you read the blurb about it on the Disney web site, it doesn't sound as if it was meant to be anything huge. Just cute little extras. If people built it up in their own heads as something huge and impressive, and they are now disappointed, they only have themselves to blame.

I think too many people are jaded and only want things that are BIG and IMPRESSIVE. A lot of what makes Disney special is the little things. Not everything new has to be big and blow you out of the water fancy.

I fully agree, I have been watching closely at this weeks LTM because that's when we will be there, Dapper Dans honestly doesn't excite me at all but i was looking at it as something extra, if it was awesome then that's great, if not oh well we are still at WDW, not all people look at it that way but seems like a waste of time to be upset about it when you are in fact still at WDW, which alot of people would gladly trade places with you, limited time magic or not

I'm going to check out Voices of Liberty today and I will probably end up going and seeing the Dapper Dans next week too. I haven't seen VOL in years and I can't ever recall watching the Dapper Dans so these are newish experiences for me.

It isn't all that exciting, but it's something else 'fun' to check out while in the parks.

I don't necessarily expect anything, however one thing that I was really annoyed at was that Disney basically lied. They made a significant deal about "Year of the Ear" saying they would have new and limited edition ears. Most of the ears are old, countless people have said they bought them in 2012! Basically, that's false advertising and that I do get angry and disappointing about.

I understand folks wanting a guarantee of something special because it costs a ton to vacation in WDW. but we choose to use positive attitudes, smiles, gratitude, and friendly conversations as a ticket to perks and that extra magicpixiedust:Last trip it was a FP certificate to any attraction in MK because of a conversation with a CM around wait time for our ADR seating. Another trip it was a special pass at EPCOT rope drop because the CM noticed how polite our DS and DD were. We love going to WDW as a family; that's first and foremost on our agenda. Maybe try not to put so much stock in what you could get and just enjoy what each park/resort offers. If you ask, you can find extras everywhere:goodvibes

I have to admit, I've thought most of the Limited Time Magic events have been less then exciting, but I'm excited about the Dapper Dans doing boy bands. :lmao: I have a teen daughter who LOVES One Direction, and I know seeing them sing 1D will make her day! :cloud9:

VirataMama4 said:
I have to admit, I've thought most of the Limited Time Magic events have been less then exciting, but I'm excited about the Dapper Dans doing boy bands. :lmao: I have a teen daughter who LOVES One Direction, and I know seeing them sing 1D will make her day! :cloud9:

Yes, every week shouldn't cater to everyone. People expect too much. Teens and Tweens, often left out would love the Dapper Dans.

I never expected anything huge or to "blow me out of the water"!
And I totally agree the we experience magic and those "special moments" every time we go!
But Disney is the one promoting something "extra" in calling it Limited Time Magic. And they have not delivered!
Having Dapper Dans sing is what they do every day! Just because they chose a different song does not make it special or "magical". I have heard them sing many times and they have many times sung something different and impromptu!
I still say Disney needs to take a hard look at this and either change it up and truly "make it magical" or throw in the towel and hope people just forget about it!
It has become an embarrassment.

Cindyfan, I couldn't agree with you more. I was horribly disappointed yesterday when I saw what the LTM surprise was for us this week

And I totally agree the we experience magic and those "special moments" every time we go!
But Disney is the one promoting something "extra" in calling it Limited Time Magic. And they have not delivered!
Having Dapper Dans sing is what they do every day! Just because they chose a different song does not make it special or "magical". I have heard them sing many times and they have many times sung something different and impromptu!
I still say Disney needs to take a hard look at this and either change it up and truly "make it magical" or throw in the towel and hope people just forget about it!

As I stated before, they have not promoted Limited Time Magic as a bunch of huge things that will blow people out of the water. If you go look at their web sit it states "Limited Time Magic offers a little pixie dust to make the time spent together at Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort extra special". They never claimed they would have huge promotions, or giant give-aways, or anything else people decided for themselves LTM meant.

They have no reason to be embarrassed. People made up these huge expectations for themselves. Disney is delivering exactly what they have promised-- a little pixie dust. They never promised anything big or out of this world. Just a little extra magic.

This. They could have done everything they have called LTM and just let it be a regular part of the park day.

I'll be in MK for March 3rd, wo I'm looking forward to that particular LTM.

Anybody know what the promo is for March 4?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter