Limited Time Magic ..... just a huge disappointment!

They did have an event this week. ... And Cosmic Rays will sell you some soup. This week only. Because it's winter, I guess.

I'm sorry, but after several days of this thread, I still :rotfl: every time someone mentions the soup. Sooooo funny to me. What a promotional concept. Soup.

Not even free soup. Just an opportunity to be in the running to purchase...soup. :rotfl2:

fbb said:
Why should we be grateful for an 'extra promotion' when stuff like this used to be part of an everyday WDW experience? Why did Robin Hood and his gang become 'long lost' in the first place?

Because gratitude is a wonderful way of being that will really expand your life outside of constant expectation and disappointment ;-) And while we're at it, you don't have to grateful for anything, but to waste human energy complaining about this is just beyond me.

Why should we be grateful for an 'extra promotion' when stuff like this used to be part of an everyday WDW experience? Why did Robin Hood and his gang become 'long lost' in the first place?

Because they keep making more and more movies usually with new characters each time. If they kept every character that they have every had out all the time there would be no room for guests. :)

Your point is only valid if they no longer had any character M&Gs.

Well so far I still like the idea. They are only 7/8 weeks into the promotion. Everyone is comparing this to the Year of a Million Dreams Promotion. With that promotion your "magic" happened by chance. And those type of things still happen on a daily basis. Magical upgrades, magical free cookies, magical fastpasses, etc. But with LTM, everyone has an opportunity to participate in the week's events, whatever they may be. Everyone who is there that weeks gets the chance to buy the soup, buy the special merchandise, etc. No one is left out. And the people arriving the next week get the same chance but just with different stuff or themes. I get the concept of the promotion and I do like it. Face it, everything in life is limited. Our kids are only little for a short time. Some people are only with us a short time. Some people's good health is only a short time. For others, finances might be limited. I like the idea of grabbing on to the time we have and making the best of it. I for one am just happy that I am going to Disney with my boys this September. And if I dance with a villian or get to talk like a Pirate, then great. If not, I will probably talk like a Pirate anyway and make my own LTM!! Argh!!

So then there is nothing else in February after the 17th? I'm fine with nothing.

Not necessarily. Other than the 3 or 4 pre-announced events, all other events are being announced 2-3 days in advance.

Not necessarily. Other than the 3 or 4 pre-announced events, all other events are being announced 2-3 days in advance.

I'm betting that is on purpose. If anyone was at the parks during the Year of a Million Dreams you know how people went crazy stalking the CMs.:sad2:

I don't get what the big upset is. Disney said they were doing fun things, but I never saw where they said they were going to be doing huge things on a weekly basis. Take it for what it is, and don't waste time and energy being upset. Maybe some of the things they are doing are pretty silly (like the soup) but so what? Enjoy the promotions for what they are.

Because gratitude is a wonderful way of being that will really expand your life outside of constant expectation and disappointment ;-) And while we're at it, you don't have to grateful for anything, but to waste human energy complaining about this is just beyond me.

OK, not to sound disrespectful, but aren't you wasting just as much time telling everyone to stop complaining as the one's actually complaining?:confused3

Mad Hattered said:
OK, not to sound disrespectful, but aren't you wasting just as much time telling everyone to stop complaining as the one's actually complaining?:confused3

Sure you can construe it as complaining if you wish. But my intention is pointing out the need for a shift towards gratitude as a way of being. It really is a wonderful thing :-)

Eta: I don't consider that a waste of time, ever.

Sure you can construe it as complaining if you wish. But my intention is pointing out the need for a shift towards gratitude as a way of being. It really is a wonderful thing :-)

Eta: I don't consider that a waste of time, ever.

Somehow being grateful just doesn't seem to apply here. I'm grateful for a sunny day, a healthy day, my family, my home, and my backyard. I love Disney World and I'm extremely grateful for each day I get to spend there. But I'm not grateful to Disney for providing a little something or possibly even nothing when they promised something cool :upsidedow. I'm not mad or even upset. We head down on the 23rd and if they do nothing at all, I'll still be grateful that I was able to go, and I'll be back next year. I'll be grateful to my God and to my husband for agreeing that we could afford it. But I won't be grateful to Disney for trying to sell me a bowl of soup or "allowing" me to vote on something. I could be wrong, but this is my outlook.

Honestly, most of us make our own fun in the parks. We take a wonderful place and put our own spin on it. We get up early or we sleep in and stay fresh for the fireworks. We sit down for most of our meals or grab burgers when we feel the urge. We ride the rides all day long or we stroll the parks taking in the details. The promotions really don't matter that much. I think most people on here that seem to be complaining are simply stating that they think this is a silly promotion and an inconsistent one at that. They think Disney could have done better and I think they could have too. Will it affect my trip at all? Not in the least, but its fun to discuss.

Cosmic Rays will sell you some soup. This week only. Because it's winter, I guess.

I was wrong about this. It's the SOUPer Bowl.

Plus, stop by Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland for Super Sunday menu items, including "Soup-er Bowls" of lobster bisque and tomato basil bisque.

And from what it says, the soup was available only on Sunday.

I'm not grateful for that pun, for sure.

Plus, stop by Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland for Super Sunday menu items, including "Soup-er Bowls" of lobster bisque and tomato basil bisque.

I'm not grateful for that pun, for sure.

They better be careful.

Surprised the lawyers didn't have them call it "The Big Game" soup. :rotfl:

skater said:
Somehow being grateful just doesn't seem to apply here. I'm grateful for a sunny day, a healthy day, my family, my home, and my backyard. I love Disney World and I'm extremely grateful for each day I get to spend there. But I'm not grateful to Disney for providing a little something or possibly even nothing when they promised something cool :upsidedow. I'm not mad or even upset. We head down on the 23rd and if they do nothing at all, I'll still be grateful that I was able to go, and I'll be back next year. I'll be grateful to my God and to my husband for agreeing that we could afford it. But I won't be grateful to Disney for trying to sell me a bowl of soup or "allowing" me to vote on something. I could be wrong, but this is my outlook.

Honestly, most of us make our own fun in the parks. We take a wonderful place and put our own spin on it. We get up early or we sleep in and stay fresh for the fireworks. We sit down for most of our meals or grab burgers when we feel the urge. We ride the rides all day long or we stroll the parks taking in the details. The promotions really don't matter that much. I think most people on here that seem to be complaining are simply stating that they think this is a silly promotion and an inconsistent one at that. They think Disney could have done better and I think they could have too. Will it affect my trip at all? Not in the least, but its fun to discuss.

I don't mean gratitude to Disney specifically, I mean it as a way of living/being.

It was there Saturday but I didn't check Monday. It was pretty decent, but not as good as the lobster bisque in Epcot lol.

Well so far I still like the idea. They are only 7/8 weeks into the promotion. Everyone is comparing this to the Year of a Million Dreams Promotion. With that promotion your "magic" happened by chance. And those type of things still happen on a daily basis. Magical upgrades, magical free cookies, magical fastpasses, etc. But with LTM, everyone has an opportunity to participate in the week's events, whatever they may be. Everyone who is there that weeks gets the chance to buy the soup, buy the special merchandise, etc. No one is left out. And the people arriving the next week get the same chance but just with different stuff or themes. I get the concept of the promotion and I do like it. Face it, everything in life is limited. Our kids are only little for a short time. Some people are only with us a short time. Some people's good health is only a short time. For others, finances might be limited. I like the idea of grabbing on to the time we have and making the best of it. I for one am just happy that I am going to Disney with my boys this September. And if I dance with a villian or get to talk like a Pirate, then great. If not, I will probably talk like a Pirate anyway and make my own LTM!! Argh!!

OK. That just made my day! Thanks for sharing some LTM!

I think they will listen to the fans on this and figure out some engaging ideas. I think one of the surprises is Spectromagic coming back for the first time in years. That would make a lot of Disney World fans happy. I wouldn't write off Limited Time Magic quite yet. I was impressed they did the Super Bowl Parade for not just the MVP day, but the days before also. I think the point of Limited Time Magic is not to do something over the top every week, but to do different little moments of magic thoughout the year. The 13th hour event sounds cool and I'm tempted to do this.

I think they will listen to the fans on this and figure out some engaging ideas. I think one of the surprises is Spectromagic coming back for the first time in years.

If they do bring Spectromagic back, but only for a limited time, I hope they announce it ahead of time. That I would book a separate trip for! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter