Limited Time Magic - session 2

kennythepirate

The original Character Locator
Walt Disney World gets "Winter Wonderland" with snow flurries and anonymous characters in Canada.

Disneyland gets Bayou Bash for 4 weekends.

Nice. Are you going to keep that page up with whatever current Limited Time Magic event is going on at that time? (wanted to keep it saved if so)

Aw man, the Bayou Bash sounds so much more fun that Winter Wonderland (then again...it is a winter not-so-wonderland here....gross...)

Aw man, the Bayou Bash sounds so much more fun that Winter Wonderland (then again...it is a winter not-so-wonderland here....gross...)
I agree, living in Canada with snow does not get me excited about Winter Wonderland, but love the sound of Bayou Bash!

Silly question, but I've never been at DL or WDW for any events when it was "snowing." Do they use real snow machines (or some other way to make real snow), or is it like confetti or something?

Aww man, if I hadn't changed my trip from DLR to WDW a few weeks ago we could have caught the Diamond Horseshoe AND the Bayou bash! Crossing my fingers WDW has something cool planned the first week in Feb :wizard:

Silly question, but I've never been at DL or WDW for any events when it was "snowing." Do they use real snow machines (or some other way to make real snow), or is it like confetti or something?

They use soap. It looks like real snow but doesn't taste too good if you catch it on your tongue. :rotfl:

We have a local theme park that makes snow "bubbles" with some special "snow liquid" (see link below). Not like floating bubbles but like a fine-bubbled foam (liquid soap maybe?). No idea about Disney in particular, but I think you have to have some actual snow on the ground to get a snow machine like at a ski resort to work?

http://www.sandiegokidspartyrentals.com/snow-machine-party-rental-San_Diego.html

Yeesh! If I want snow I just have to look out my window to see lots of it. I go to DW in the winter to get away from the snow.

They use soap. It looks like real snow but doesn't taste too good if you catch it on your tongue. :rotfl:

Interesting, thank you. Does it look pretty authentic?

This is actually a pretty cool little thing, I think. I wouldn't plan a trip around it, but since I'm going to be there anyway, I'll probably take advantage of it. Most of my photos from trips tend to blend together, but THAT will stand out as a specific point in time!

Interesting, thank you. Does it look pretty authentic?

This is actually a pretty cool little thing, I think. I wouldn't plan a trip around it, but since I'm going to be there anyway, I'll probably take advantage of it. Most of my photos from trips tend to blend together, but THAT will stand out as a specific point in time!

It did look pretty authentic. I was there in November and it "snowed" during the Osborne Lights. Only problem I had was looking up at the lights, some went in my eyes and it burned!

Just a week? that's too bad. This sounded like a cool spot for different kind of pictures.

They use soap.

Wow..Disneyland is kicking Wdw butt in the limited time magic game so far...,,
Winter Wonderland is something brand new that WDW hasn't done before, plus it features Canada, which Epcot rarely does.

Bayou Bash is a resurrection of the Bayou Bash offering that DL did when Princess & the Frog came out and still does every Mardi Gras in New Orleans Square.

So ... WDW is getting something new that they've never done, while DL is getting something that you could have seen last year and the year before. Just depends on how you look at it.

:earsboy:

I'm going down there to get away from winter.
Point taken, but it's not like the Canada pavilion is going to six below zero with crusty gray dirty snow in the gutters and perpetually dark cloudy skies with winds coming out of the norht.

It'll be 80 degrees with Chip & Dale playing with kids in fake snow.

Not quite the same thing. :beach:

:earsboy:

I'm excited! Even as a Northerner, I think this is a cool concept. The kids will love it and we'll get some unique pictures :)

ARGH!! We start our parks day Jan. 21! No Fair...probably means there will be nothing on our week! The snow is kinda fun...was there years ago during Christmas and watched it "snow" on New York Street at HS...hope we get something fun, but since they did nothing last week, maybe it is an every other week kinda thing... :(

I know I'm not the target audience but fortunately it sounds like I don't need to go to Epcot for this on the 1 day I can do so, if it's about kids playing in fake snow with Chip & Dale. I'll see what the next one that coincides with a visit brings. Unless they're going to serve some Unibroue outside of Le Cellier like they do at F&W or serve poutine or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter