Lisa & Trace-1/25/2011-WP/GF - we got our wedding pics!

Hi just wanted to say congratulations. Your MK photos are great, you look lovely! And how amazing to be upgraded at the GF! :goodvibes

soooooo...

i got up at like 430 and hit the showers. at a little after 530, i got a phone call from an unknown number, it was the por folks from carolyn allens loking for me! of course, they had not recieved the message that i had moved, and had gone off to whatever building and knocked on the door even - thank goodness noone answered!

so i went down and let them up. they set my dress up in the bathroom doorway and steamed it. they also brought an extra tie for miles, as the first one had a little spot on it (that didn't show when tucked into the vest appropriately, but still). jennifer (MOH) and stepmom (karen) arrived about the same time, and when i brought them up to the room, the beaute speciale girls were at the door! room service brought coffee, tea and juice, and while we worked on getting ready, one of us would pop down to concierge and get a few nibbles - quite helpful!

the hair and make up gals were reall fun and good (i'm afraid i will spell their names wrong!), but they were super enthusiastic and helpful. we all got make up done, karen and i got our hair done. so we rotated thru our hair and make up stations and started dressing as well.
the flowers arrived right on time - and were so lovely! better than expected!
P1250028.jpg
here we are and my hair is screaming "I AM A BRIDE!!" - it turned out very cute!

here is a close up of my bouquet -
IMG_1195.jpg

I LOVE IT. mine was more pale colors, jennifers was brighter colors. the guys had hot pink roses, the ladies, gardenia corsages. the bouquet was kind of freeform, and had ivy tendrils. and mickey crystals of course!

somewhere around 8ish, vicki arndt popped up and took a couple pictures of my dress and went back downstairs. apparently, the guys were arriving then. they did pictures and went off to the WP.my brother came up to join us, looking very handsome! then we went downstairs and did many rousing versions of "look at your flowers! look up at me! look out the window! now back to me!" the arndts definitely keep things light and fun - and i needed that!

the weather was decent, not super sunny, but definitely warmer than it had been, and bresszy, but not insanely so. saw some friends in the GF lobby, and experienced the hushed stares of people pointing and looking while pretending not to be pointing and whispering!!

then all of us limo'd it over to the WP, where we went to the brides vestibule. and then i had to pee. but relax ladies, although i was wearing a skirt the size of a small slavic nation, my MOH only had to do stand by the door duty and, once i had gathered up the many layers, i was able to accomplish this activity safely and smoothly.

no brides were harmed in the course of this activity.:scared1:

I love everything so far, I can't wait for more!!!!! The disney dooney stuff is soooo cool. I'm trying to see the sneak peek video and the name with password isn't working for me. I am soooo happy that your wedding day turned out great.

I love everything so far, I can't wait for more!!!!! The disney dooney stuff is soooo cool. I'm trying to see the sneak peek video and the name with password isn't working for me. I am soooo happy that your wedding day turned out great.

should be all lower case (no quotation marks)- "blu-ray" then "magic". some people can get in, others cant. maybe its a capacity issue! heh

I loved your video!!!! Stan was our videographer also and he was so friendly and stealth about capturing moments. I didn't even notice him while I was walking down the aisle until I saw our video, lol.
Congratulations on the upgrade at the Grand Floridian. I don't know what I would have done it I got to our room and it was two double beds. Don't they know what happens on the wedding night??? :confused3
The groom mouse ears are so cool! I love those little surprises that you just would never expect to happen.
I'm loving the trip report so far! Keep it coming.....I really need to start mine since I now have my professional pics back :rolleyes1.

BTW, I saw your sneak peak pics from the Ardnt's on FB.....sooooo amazing!!!!!!!! They are awesome!

so, i think i will try to just hit any highlights and post some pics that could maybe be a help for anyone reading...

so all parties were accounted for at the WP. again, i am glad we did do a video after all, because i am missing like half the ceremony! so we are hiding in the vestibule, everyone was really inside by when we got there -

and let me interupt to say, i didn't realize all kinds of wedding elves come and help your planner! there were no less than 3 other people from DFTW with like headsets and walkie talkies to work the logistics of getting us over to the venue and not bumping into each other! everything is kind of a blur, so of course i don't have any names, although i am positive they introduced themselves. they carried stuff, made sure my MOH's clothes got to the reception site, even had a mimosa for the groom and myself when we arrived after pictures!

so, the elves were around, vicki came in and took a few pictures, then they started picking off my crew one by one! ok, i really only had a crew of 2 but still!!

so i couldn't really hear music or anything (the area is seperated from the main building).then lisa came to get my brother and i (who spent the whole morning going "are you nervous? what about now? now? how bout now?" etc. etc. - little brothers... ). i could sort of hear music when we walked over, but honestly i couldn't tell what they were playing. to back up, the officiant, groom, best man and MOH all came in (seperately) to "Baroque Hoedown (aka MSEParade music), andat the rehearsal we changed and decided to hoave the mothers walk in together to "Small World", especially when my step mom said that was my step dad's favorite disneyland song. my song was secret all this time from trace - "When You Wish Upon A Star" - but i don't think either of us heard that.

so the doors open and we walk down. the rest seemed to go by pretty quick. my MOHs mom sang us a song - she was pretty terrific! she sang "In My Life" by the beatles, but interwove a little personlized section about trace and i - glad we have that on video! we repeated vows, good thing because i could barely talk, trace almost was not looking at me and then he started getting teary, and i can sincerely say it took another 24 hours before my mouth began generating saliva again, so every kiss was weird and awkward!! haha! well weird feeling because i was a dry little chip up there.

i was a little confused as to when to walk and kiss and all that at the end, but i knew what to expect from rev miller, i was just out of body. he introduced us and i cannot remember did we kiss again or walk? i was waiting to hear the music play, and it seemed like we were going before the music, but my sense of time was way out of whack!

our photographers had made a suggestion about the streamer cannon - and a good one - that had me change my "vision" of the recessional. they explained that the streamers shoot out about the far 1/2 of the WP. they don't shot all up at the altar - so if you want to be in them or get picturs of you in them, you need to come about halfway down the aisle. he also pointed out that then your guests could be in the picture because they would be turned back to look at you leave. well, we followed these suggestins and things were marvelous!

then we did 18 staged exits - out thedoor, around the corner, back around, go to the limo, i think the bubbles happen there, then a group photo. then into limo and around the parking lot! whee! then various combos of people in the WP and the license was signed. then trace and i did some pics on the beach etc. this whole day it was sort of threatening to rain, so there was a little bit of wind, we took a lot of pictures then we did ride over to the WHR in the limo. the elves greeted us with a cocktail, and then lisa brought us to the room (even though we still went by the folks all outside, but it was fine). we got to see our BEAUTIFUL room and the cakes - amazing! and meet alice and the hatter. then we kind of came in with them, spent some time outside, did some group photos, then tried to get the guests to start eating.

we came inside too. basically, to not bore you all, we ate, tried to mingle, and then at about 1ish, yehaa bob came in and played a solid set! lots of fun! he introduced toasts, then we went to do the cake cutting. now the cakes were amazing and i am sure we have great pictures, but that was kind of silly i thought. with the cakes on that side table (by the birds! YAY!), you basically have your back to your guests. and then the trying to be helpful waiter/CM was like standing opposite us trying to explain how to cut the cake and trace is trying to cut it like the biggest triangle cake slice ever. i felt like this was a werid lull in time as well, but it was all good.

once we did finally leave from there, after saying good byes and having stuff sent to our room, we took even MORE pictures with david and vicki - cannot say enough great things about them! we didn't get up to our room until after 4 - and we had a 630 at victoria and alberts!

we did go to V&A, but not until we tried to take a bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub and made way to many bubbles (bubble bath + jets = danger). we loved dinner, but around course, oh, 6, we were stuffed and tired, yet the nibblets kept coming. :eek:

when we got bck to the room it was after 10, and we had a 5am make up person coming. oh, and PS, before we went to V&A there was some freaky storm and tornado warnings - awesome!

we were not sure if it was going to be over by morning for our shoot, but we were ok. it was a bit sprinkly, but not raining and the pictures turned out ok. we had regina and ty - they were good, helpful, and we did get to go by HM. unfortunately, we did not get to go up into the castle like it seems others do, because all those royal table or whatever its called people were EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

so here are some pics and theni will do up some reviews and the ever so popular "wish i had/glad i did"s!

some of these are screen shots from my phone!
IMG_1211.png

IMG_1212.png

IMG_1272.png

IMG_1265.png

IMG_1269-1.png

IMG_1229-1.png

IMG_1273.png

IMG_1223-1.png

IMG_1222-1.png

IMG_1271.png

SCAN0085.jpg

LISA!!!! I ADORE what you had done in Whitehall! It looks absolutely amazing! And those cakes! Disney really hit it out of the park with those!

You guys look like you had such a fun, unique wedding that was totally "you". That's just awesome! :goodvibes

sounds like the perfect day! :cloud9:

'wedding elves' .. that made me think of Franck & Howard in 'Father of the Bride', rushing around with their headsets on! :laughing:

love your cake topper & the room looked fantastic!

Emma princess: x

Lisa!! I am in AWE!! everything was gorgeous!! absolutely stunning! I am so glad I booked Stan! I cant wait to see pictures of everything. You had a beautiful day! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I have never seen so many colors in Whitehall, and I have never seen that room look so good! Your cakes were adorable. You two looked amazing and so happy.

I can't wait for more.

I like the idea of the confetti cannons, too. I might have to look into those . . .

I have never seen so many colors in Whitehall, and I have never seen that room look so good! Your cakes were adorable. You two looked amazing and so happy.

I can't wait for more.

I like the idea of the confetti cannons, too. I might have to look into those . . .

thanks everybody - i haven't figured out the multiple quotation posts yet!

i'm hoping future disbrides will find it helpful because we went pretty basic decor wise (very very little actual floral), but i think we got a lot of bang for the buck!

the cannon was super fun - one of the guests said it scared her though! it makes a popping noise! and there are TONS of streamers. i was laughing because what with the big dress and all the layers and heels, i was trailing all the streamers out the door like toilet paper on your shoe!

I LOVE how colorful everything is!! It looks amazing!! And the cakes are so adorable!!! That pic of you guys outside that window is so sweet!!!

thanks everybody - i haven't figured out the multiple quotation posts yet!

i'm hoping future disbrides will find it helpful because we went pretty basic decor wise (very very little actual floral), but i think we got a lot of bang for the buck!

the cannon was super fun - one of the guests said it scared her though! it makes a popping noise! and there are TONS of streamers. i was laughing because what with the big dress and all the layers and heels, i was trailing all the streamers out the door like toilet paper on your shoe!

I love everything!!!!!!!! The Whitehall room is just gorgeous. The colorful lanterns hanging from the ceiling are the best thing I've ever seen!!!

I didn't know how to multi-quote either but Brian taught me recenlty.

Under somebody's comment on the right side you will see a quote button and next to it you will see parentheses. Hit the parentheses button on each of the comments you want to quote and then hit the post reply button on the bottom of the page (left hand side). A new window will appear with all of your quotes. I was so amazed by this when he first showed me. :goodvibes

Hi! I ran into you (super awkwardly, I'm sorry!) in the bathroom on the Dream by Animators Palate... my DH and I had also just gotten married.

I am totally in awe of how amazing everything looks at your wedding! The reception room is just dreamy, and the cakes are so perfect! Can't wait to see more photos :goodvibes Those confetti cannons are so cool! I wish I had known how great they look!

Safflower! How funny! When I came out of the shiny bathroom you were gone! So funny! I was telling trace I met another disbride! I found myself wanting to run up to anyone who appeared to have been married in the last year and bother them to death!!! Did u have a good cruise?

Well getting back in the swing is rough! The weather was horrible and all I did all last week was keep looking for new pics on the interwebs! I don't have any official pics in my hands to post. I do have to finish a wedding trip report TONITE for the newest "those darn cats" podcast that I need to post TONITE. Ug! That will have trace and I discussing a blow by blow kind of trip report in case anyone wants to here that.... We are on iTunes....

I'm going to work on reviews, glad I did/wish we didn'ts, and getting some of the budget info up for the incoming dizzies!

Wow ! You looked amazing on your wedding day and your MK photo shoot. I'd read a lot of reviews about MK photo shoots and wasnt sure about having one myself. But after seeing your amazing photographs; we are definately going to have one!

So thank you for sharing it with us all!!

Katherine x x

Those confetti cannons are so cool! I wish I had known how great they look!

i would like to reiterate how much i LOVED the streamer cannons and how our photogs (hence forth to be known as OPP (Our Personal Paparazzi)) made the whole thing - again, and i cannot stress this enough - the streamers are LOUD and they shoot off at the bottom half or maybe even third of the WP. So, it is key that you get down the aisle to get into them and also then, again courtesy of david arndt, you can be down the aisle, guests will be more "around" you both, if you will and the streamers would be in the picture. he had us go about half way down and then stop and kiss. it sort of felt awkward, in the sense that in my head i am thinking "everyone knows we are just walking down to stop and kiss", but i was over thinkin' it..

Wow ! You looked amazing on your wedding day and your MK photo shoot. I'd read a lot of reviews about MK photo shoots and wasnt sure about having one myself. But after seeing your amazing photographs; we are definately going to have one!

yeah, i am glad we did it. still waiting till the amex bills cycles before i shell out for the CD and although we got the email about the session a while ago, i understand it could be a while before we get the pile of pictures that come with the shoot and then apparently we pick a certain number of them for the album.

and on that note, i have new crafting obsessions! i have made 2 shadow box displays of things from the cruise and ow i am obsessed! it really is a cool way to put the pictures and the knick knacks somewhere you can see them. so of course i'm now saving a big pile of stuff to make a big one for the wedding itself! and, though i never "got" the whole blurb book thing, i am now drumming my fingers to get my hands on the CDs so i can make blurb books to put everywhere (we are running out of wall space after all).

in addition, after someone posted about the WP "figurine" thing on the main board, trace and i investigated, and well, we actually bought the one someone posted about on the boards!! for a measley 200 bucks or something! we were happy to pay it - i dodn't know that existed! someone else listed one right after, and it went for $50 less, but so what! also, apparently i must buy every wedding related pin there is.

Safflower! How funny! When I came out of the shiny bathroom you were gone! So funny! I was telling trace I met another disbride! I found myself wanting to run up to anyone who appeared to have been married in the last year and bother them to death!!! Did u have a good cruise?

Yes :guilty: DH was waiting for me so we could go upstairs to the pirate night, and I didn't want him to think that I had fallen in :rotfl2: When I got out of the bathroom DH couldn't understand why I was so excited about running into someone who I hadn't even actually messaged with online!

We had a great cruise! It was a little crazy with the other people on board... but we really enjoyed it. Hope that it went well for you two! Do you plan on doing a TR for the cruise?

i don't know how much of a written update i will do, but i will post some pics! again, more shameless self promotion here, but last weeks those darn cats is nearly one and half hours of (mostly) me nattering on about the wedding part of things in a more trip report fashion. next weeks show should be a somewhat shorter cruise trip report, if anyone is interested! :goodvibes www.thosedarncats.net - we are on itunes, the wedding trip report show i think was #139.

i want to post more here but i have to say that photo bucket makes me want to gouge out my own eyes and i do want some pctures to post!

i'm working on trying to reproduce our BEO in final and post along with some pictures, then do some quickie reviews. i think thats what would have helped me the most. problem is transcribing the BEO and i don't seem to have a final one with totally accurate floral prices - it's spread out over 2. and since i got a suprisingly vigorous and yucky root canal yesterday, its just all taking a bit more than i thought!

i hope that specific info on our decor will help folks!

NOW HERE IS SOMETHING TOTALLY AWESOME!!! i just got an email today with our final bill info. we are getting a credit - i figured we should get something back... but i wasn't expecting to get just over TWO Gs BABY! :banana:

wow! so we paid $16K
and our total bill (with BOC drinks) was a few cents over $13910.... We were not expecting anywhere near that back, so it is quite an unexpected blessing! it says it can take up to 4 weeks to receive the check.

and i ordered the fancy shmancy CD for the MK pics. am dying to blurb and shutterfly and coat our home with pictures of us! actually, we rebooked a cruise this summer for the 3 of us and the credit will offset most of that, so i can stop worrying about how the heck we are going to pay for that vacation and just worry about the usual bills i worry about! ha!

so maybe more this weekend.....:cheer2:

Lisa:

Yay for refunds!! :cool1: BOO for root canals!! :sick:

Take care of yourself and we'll be waiting for all your reviews and pictures when you're ready! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter