• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"LIVE" from OKW - with photos added on page 4

Hey Doc! Sounds like a most wonderful trip you have planned there!

So much fun to have the kiddies to enjoy Mickey too. I hope one day to do the Grand Villa thing, but have to stop cruising to have enough points, LOL!

Best wishes..

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. You make me home sick-I love the Gurgling Suitcase. Do I remember correctly that you had stayed in the most different buildings at OKW-over 30? Is this one you've stayed in before? I'm just curious. It sounds great!

We hope to get out GV early, but are prepared for a wait if necessary.

All is well! :)

Good luck with that! It is such a wonderful bonus when that happens, isn't it?

Have fun with your family.:grouphug:

Doc- whats an "OwnersLocker"?

Tell us when you get a chance (perhaps when you return to boring non-OKW life) if you think selection and prices at the general store are fine or if you felt the need to go to the Publix too.
I worry they wont have much for fresh fruit and veggies

Peter Noone- did you see him on American Idol?

2 water park days- gotta love that!!

Hope you are having FUN!!!

(what are the other view options from rooms?)

What do the places near the hospitality house offer for views?

Can't wait to hear more Doc- tell us when you post a trip report!

Here is the info on Owner's Locker.

http://www.disboards.com/announcement.php?f=119&a=222

If you look at the top of this forum you will see the link also.

It sounds like a fabulous trip. Although I can't imagine having 5 kids under the age of 6 in one room. Enjoy that special, although possibly very hectic time!

... and the rains came.

After taking a break early this afternoon, we took a bus to DD (just missed the boat). I exchanged a watch at WOD and then we went to have lunch at Fulton's. There is a 30% discount (lunch only) for DVC members. I had the lobster bisque and Seafood Cobb salad and DW enjoyed the Crab Club sandwich. Another nice meal with a view of SSR across the water.

After lunch it started drizzling so we walked over to SSR and asked to see the AKV models. They are open from 5pm-7pm daily for member tours, but it was only 4pm so they assigned a CM to take us over for a peek. We were very impressed with the villa model. The model is what will be in Kidani Village - opening in 2009. The studio is pretty typical of those at other DVC resorts, but the 1BR living room is much larger and the extra full bathroom is a really nice addition along with the sleeper chair. The master bath is really nice with a great shower area. We liked the decor and the imagineers worked extra hard to creatively furnish the villas. The decor is very nice.

This floor plan will be only in Kidani Village for both standard and Savannah villas. The villas within the existing Jambo House will be smaller (Standard, Savannah, Concierge and GVs) than those in the new Kidani buidling and the points will reflect that difference.

After our brief tour, the drizzle had increased to a steady rain. We grabbed a bus at the Springs stop and went over to Epcot to try to catch Peter Noone. We just missed getting a seat in the covered section of the theater and so we settled for a bench in the right center area. We did have an umbrella and kept "sort-of" dry during the 30 minute wait for the show to begin. As always, it was a great show with lots of good music. He did a Johnny Cash song and a brief impersonation of Mick Jagger in addition to many of his top hits from the 60s. He is a great entertainer whose voice has not lost a lot with time. He is also the same age as me.

The rain was steady thruout the program and Peter even ran over about 5 minutes to the delight of everyone there. It was a great show.

Since the rain never let up and even had periods of heavier donwpour, we were pretty well soaked in spite of the umbrella and decided that we'd had enough adventure for the day. We are now getting dry back at OKW. The forecast is for rain overnite and into the day tomorrow. Hopefully it will stop by the time our family arrives tomorrow.

Tomorrow we plan to move to the GV, take the grandkids for a swim when they arrive, get groceries and will probably take a ride to the monorail resorts in the evening before getting everyone ready for the MK on Sunday.

Doc, if OKW is handing out any info as to where the smoking areas will be located around the resort, can you pick one up? If I get that information, I can update the "OKW coded map" that I made. I can also "de-code" the smoking buildings at the same time. Don't take away any of your vacation time trying to find this info though - I'll be down in October and I can get it then!

Have a great vacation!

I am really enjoying your reports Doc. We'll be at OKW for the first time in October. How wonderful to be sharing WDW with five little ones. We have just one two year old DGS and Disney is so much more special with him along. Have a terrific time!

Enjoying the OKW updates, keep em coming Doc! Helps me get ready for our week starting a week from Sunday. It has been nearly five years since I've been back to WDW and OKW and I can hardly keep from smiling during the day just thinking about it.

So happy you were able to have a great time.....even though
you got wet.....whats a little water right...

I was there 5-22 to 5-29 at SSR....I'm sorry I didnt look at the models....
but i was afraid i would impulse buy another 100pts:lmao:

Anyway enjoy your GV....can't wait to hear how much fun
you have with all your grandkiddies...:goodvibes
Kerri

Hey Doc

Glad to hear the trip is going well! We will be there Friday for a week stay. Cant wait!!

I really shouldn't read any of the "live" report threads, as we just at VWL in early May and won't be heading back until Thanksgiving. :sad1:

Have a great time Doc!

Good Morning Doc! So, you're "Home" again?
I can't wait to get back to OKW again! Have a great time with the kids and enjoy your time in the GV - I have one set for my lil' guy's first trip in December.
I look forward to reading your reports this week.

Love hearing your trip report, Doc. We will be going to OKW for the first time in August in a 1br. I was wondering what the bus service waiting times are like to and from BB. I'm worried that we might get stuck waiting a long time. Please, tell me I'm wrong.

Hey Doc have a great time with those grandkids.......DH and I just got back last week from our first solo trip with our grandson, who's almost 6. We were at OKW also and he just loved the sandcastle slide. However, it was QUITE an experience at TL .......we forgot just HOW MANY steps there are to get up to the top of the slides and rafts. Although, since all of yours are under 5 that shouldn't be too much of a problem .......yet. Give it a year or two!!! We were up and down the three raft rides at TL probably 100 times. The next day I didn't think my fiftysome legs would ever be the same again!

HI Doc

Thanks for the reports. It helps us all get through the WDW blues until our next trip (and ours isn't until Dec). Hopefully you have seen the last of the rain. But with our without the rain, I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

One question, as I either missed something along the way or I am misreading this...

Are there going to be seperate point charts for Jambo House and Kidani Village? Or, are these smaller rooms in Jambo House the Value rooms?

This floor plan will be only in Kidani Village for both standard and Savannah villas. The villas within the existing Jambo House will be smaller (Standard, Savannah, Concierge and GVs) than those in the new Kidani buidling and the points will reflect that difference.

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering what the bus service waiting times are like to and from BB.
Hi Rob,
We never use the busses for the water parks---only the main parks. But I can tell u they run a little less frequent than the busses to the main parks. I'm guessing maybe every 25-30 min ?

Doc ~
Thanks so much for checking in with us. Sounds like you're having a great time. Have fun with the grandkids.

And I do agree with Doc that the OKW main pool doesn't seem to get as crowded as the WL main pool during the summer. I think because OKW has more quiet pools so it spaces people out better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter