LIVE REPORT! Watch My Hair Frizz In Real Time! Win a Prize!

Ha, you have a better memory about my day than I do, Ponzi! I completely forgot to talk about we forgot two very important documents. We were about a half hour into the flight when Squid looks over at me with wide eyes and a scared look on his face. My first thought is that the plane must be going down. Then he tells me that he forgot the tables in wonderland card. I told him we would have to buy another one. Lucky it was $50 rather than $100 to get a new card. I took care of that at guest relations (guest relations!).

We also forgot our dvc cards which also get us discounts. We were told we could get them replaced at community hall. Squid asked where is community hall. The woman tells him it's by the small pool. He questions where the small pool is. She says it's the small pool like its a magnetic monument that can be seen all over the resort. After he questioned her some more she gave him actual directions and we were able to replace them.

Yes driver dude was annoying too. The other movie was corny but it seemed more sincere.

Ha, you have a better memory about my day than I do, Ponzi!

Nah, I guess you just didn't notice the cameras.... uh....

I mean, Yes! Yes, I have a terrific memory!

My first thought is that the plane must be going down.

I shouldn't laugh, but my reaction to that was :laughing: and "Oh, dear."

I took care of that at guest relations (guest relations!).

Guest relations.... hubba hubba.

Looks like rain is coming. Sigh. This won't be good for the hair.

Nooooooooooooooo...

Oops....well at least it wasn't your ID or something :) But a pain to have to buy a new TIW card....You reminded me of a funny incident we had at MK...we were somewhere on Main Street and we asked a CM where the nearest restroom was...his English wasn't great and he tried to direct us. We followed what we thought he said and didn't find it. We asked another CM and she gave us completely different directions...all very nicely with a smile of course. We followed hers and STILL didn't find it. Finally a third CM directed us to the right place. Ugh. I guess they were all new or something...funny though.

Hi Laura! Your trip is off to a great start! Too funny about the "Moon over Boardwalk" situation. :rotfl2: Nice you were able to get a good room, though. I wonder if the groom was thinking of bolting? So cool you had FP for 7DMT on your first night! Sorry it was too scarey for Squid.:faint: Enjoying your pics on Twitter - thanks for taking the time to write a live report!

Won't have a recap today. I was talked into a four park challenge today, all the parks, three major rides in each park. We will limp into Sanaa for dinner. I will keep you posted on twitter, all four of you.

I think Ponzi has already won this contest. Pick out one of the giant wall-mounted fish in the Art Gallery. It will make for a humorous ending as We try to bring it home to ship (we'll be too busy to tally the votes on our last day here).

I think Ponzi has already won this contest. Pick out one of the giant wall-mounted fish in the Art Gallery. It will make for a humorous ending as We try to bring it home to ship (we'll be too busy to tally the votes on our last day here).

:laughing:
You read my mind. I only want something that will be almost impossible for you to carry/ship.

Sadly, I am missing The 4-Park Challenge today. :rolleyes1It's just me, Duffy, my Tens and something that sounds like Zamfir.
photoduffy.JPG

We were defeated by a huge downpour. It took all the wind out of everyone's sails and we headed back in our ponchos. It was a valiant effort though.

Yes, it's one of those Florida Rains. The type that make you look out your window and say THANK GOD I'M NOT OUT IN THIS!!!!!!!!

Hello again from the vanity area of room 2065 of the Boardwalk, home of very few electrical outlets. I will try to remember our day yesterday but I’m a bit weary from our attempt to complete the four park challenge. You can see photo and tweets if you do a search for @DisLaura74 on twitter. My tweets are being enjoyed by all 10 of my followers.

I got up around 7:30 and attempted to type a trip report post on my iPad. Monkston woke up soon after and I sent her down to the bakery for breakfast. I can’t believe I have a child old enough to do that now! I bribed her by telling her she could get a mug for the week. She’d better drink $16 worth of powerade and lemonade.

I had hoped cinnamon rolls were back on the menu but she came back with chocolate croissants. They were really good—flaky, buttery, chocolatey. Pretty much anything you could want in a pastry. Recommended. I should also mention that the coffee supplied in the rooms is Joffrey’s and is a big improvement over what they used to have.

After I finished my report and got ready we met everyone on the boardwalk to walk to Hollywood Studios. Sheena wanted to take the boat but she was outvoted because walking is faster. I can see why she would want to take the boar since it was really hot. At least it wasn’t raining!

We rode Star Tours first. After we were seated I put my bag under the compartment and wondered if it would be secure. It’s a really cute Kate Spade bag but it doesn’t zip. It just has a little strap at the top to close it. Anyway, I worried for a minute, dismissed the thought and enjoyed a new Star Tour scenario I hadn’t seen before. When I went to get my bag, I noticed my phone had fallen out. I felt around for anything else and thought that was all that had fallen out.

On closer inspection, I saw thar Monkston’s phone, the one she gave me for safekeeping, was missing. We alerted the attendant and he said to wait 7 minutes for the ride to get out. Druid went to make sure Monkston didn’t have the phone and she came back in tears. I felt awful.

“Mom! All my photos will be gone!”

Monkston has a real talent for photography. It’s amazing what she can do with an iPhone. I felt even more awful. I was sure they would find it though. When she was in first grade, she left her princess backpack at Teppan Edo. She was very distraught because she had put all her birthday money in it. We called the restaurant and they delivered it to our hotel. She had at least $60 in it.

The doors to the ride opened and we had several people call out to us, “They found your phone!” A minute later the attendant gave it to Monkston who was crying with relief. Phew.

We next went to Muppetvision. Monkston and Squid decided to sit it out. We had Fp+ for this which with a five minute wait was really unnecessary.

After leaving I saw a text from Squid that they had found the Starbucks. Monkston has Starbucks radar. She can find one anywhere. She is going to turn into a Double Chocolatey Chip Frappucino.

We split up into groups for lunch. Squid and Monkston wanted hotdogs and Sheena wanted a vegetable sandwich so we went to Backlot Express. I think there are better options but I went with majority rule and had a hamburger and fries. My Fit Bit said I could. The fries at Disney World have really improved this year. The hamburger was meh.

We had another FP+ for Toy Story so we decided to go there and then head back for a swim. I am already suffering from a bit of carpal tunnel and after that ride my arm felt like it was going to fall off.

This time we decided to take the bus back. Sheena was so happy sitting outside in the back of the boat. We were hot so we took a seat in the relatively cool inside. When it stopped at the Swan Squid said we should sneak off the boat and walk to freak Sheena out. I thought she would get mad. She saw us get off and was probably just confused.

We went to the pool and had a hard time finding a good place to sit. I ended up getting a few chairs in the back row overlooking nothing I think a lot of people just leave their towels on their chairs all day.

After a while Sheena came down and stopped in the front row of chairs and asked, “What’s wrong with these?”

“But, but. They weren’t there before!”

Sheena not only has great parking karma, but also lounge chair karma.

We moved all our stuff over and settled in again. Everyone else straggled in at various times and we had a nice time chatting, swimming and hot tubbing.

We had a fairly early reservation at Tokyo Dining so I headed back up to get ready. About an hour later Jack sent a selfie from the lounge so we headed down for a drink. Drinking wine is not very economical compared with beer. My little glass was $13! I guess that makes sense in the land of $12 hamburgers.

If you’re not familiar with the Belle Vue Lounge, it’s a really quaint space that feels a bit like a library in a really nice old house. They have old timey music playing and I just really love the atmosphere.

I started to take a photo of my friends across from me and the people sitting on the next sofa offered to take one of all of us. The guy behind us apologized for being in the way and I asked if he was trying to photobomb us. He then did a funny pose behind us. You can see it on my twitter. It’s hard for me to deal with photobucket right now. I figure I will post all the photos when I get back. Monkston took a bunch of great ones with the SLR. I’ve only posted iphone photos.

Merida really likes sushi so we decided to make a reservation at Tokyo Dining. We had only been to Teppan Edo so I was curious about how the food would be…besides expensive.

We got a table fairly quickly but it was by the door and Sheena wasn’t pleased. She wouldn’t sit down and I saw her looking around for someone to talk to.

“Sheena, we are a party of 10. There are no other tables.”

She didn’t look like she wanted to give up but we were all seated and looking at menus. She does get us better tables a lot though. It’s just easier with a smaller group.

We got some sushi for appetizers and most of us ordered the filet. Monkston ordered calamari for dinner. I think it’s so funny that she knows it’s squid and this doesn’t bother her but if you give her something like an asparagus she will not eat it for anything,

Jack Skellington was not feeling well and had to leave. This has happened to her every year at Disney and we can’t figure out what bothers her stomach. We talked about it today and wondered if it was ice cream. Maybe she’s lactose intolerant. Mickey ate quickly to find her and help her back to the resort.

We decided to head back early. Mickey, Squid and I went to Belle Vue for a nightcap.

Squid had some issues getting the Tables in Wonderland discount off our bill. It’s such a hassle because a manager has to sign off on the discount and it’s sometimes hard for the server to locate him/her. Anyway, it’s worth the pain because it’s 20% of whatever enormous Disney bill you get at a table service place.

I left before Mickey and Squid. We had a big day tomorrow. Four parks, 3 rides in each park.

We were defeated by a huge downpour. It took all the wind out of everyone's sails and we headed back in our ponchos. It was a valiant effort though.

And you guys were getting so close!
Nice try, though.

Yes, it's one of those Florida Rains. The type that make you look out your window and say THANK GOD I'M NOT OUT IN THIS!!!!!!!!

:laughing: You even outsmarted Sheena!

I'll read your update later, Laura (I like that... Later Laura. A title I'm sure you would be aghast at.)
but right now I've got to take care of some home type stuff.

Hello again from the vanity area of room 2065 of the Boardwalk

:wave2:

home of very few electrical outlets.

How many do you need?
One for the curling iron and one for the flat iron.
You already have a hair dryer.

Oh. Of course.
One to charge the iPad.

I can’t believe I have a child old enough to do that now!

Kind of scary and liberating all at the same time, no?

Sheena wanted to take the boat but she was outvoted because walking is faster.

Next time, she just won't go. She'll pout and stay on the beach! So there!

It’s a really cute Kate Spade bag but it doesn’t zip.

Nothing worse than a talkative bag that won't shut up.

"Hey! Hey! Everybody! Guess how much money little miss moneybags has in here? Wanna know what kind of gum she likes? How about her perfume of choice? Anybody?"

Zip it bag. Just zip it.

When I went to get my bag, I noticed my phone had fallen out.

Lucky you noticed that.

On closer inspection, I saw thar Monkston’s phone, the one she gave me for safekeeping, was missing.

Uh, oh.

Druid went to make sure Monkston didn’t have the phone and she came back in tears. I felt awful.

“Mom! All my photos will be gone!”

Awww... Poor Monkston.

When she was in first grade, she left her princess backpack at Teppan Edo. She was very distraught because she had put all her birthday money in it. We called the restaurant and they delivered it to our hotel. She had at least $60 in it.

And the money was still there.
That's Disney right there, isn't it?

The doors to the ride opened and we had several people call out to us, “They found your phone!”

:goodvibes

We next went to Muppetvision. Monkston and Squid decided to sit it out. We had Fp+ for this which with a five minute wait was really unnecessary.

You got FP+ for Muppets???
There was nothing else you'd like to do???

Monkston has Starbucks radar.

Very useful if you're ever lost in the jungle.

I think there are better options but I went with majority rule and had a hamburger and fries. My Fit Bit said I could.

There are no calories on vacation.

I am already suffering from a bit of carpal tunnel and after that ride my arm felt like it was going to fall off.

Ouch. I feel your pain.
Except mine is tennis elbow.

When it stopped at the Swan Squid said we should sneak off the boat and walk to freak Sheena out. I thought she would get mad. She saw us get off and was probably just confused.

:laughing:

I think a lot of people just leave their towels on their chairs all day.

:sad2: So glad people don't think just about themselves...

Sheena not only has great parking karma, but also lounge chair karma.

And that's why you brought her along, right? Right?

Drinking wine is not very economical compared with beer. My little glass was $13! I guess that makes sense in the land of $12 hamburgers.

:headache: Disney is not for the meek or weak of wallet.

If you’re not familiar with the Belle Vue Lounge, it’s a really quaint space that feels a bit like a library in a really nice old house. They have old timey music playing and I just really love the atmosphere.

I really like that idea!
We rarely go to lounges, but I think I'd like that.

I was curious about how the food would be…besides expensive.

Expensive? In Disney?

Monkston ordered calamari for dinner. I think it’s so funny that she knows it’s squid and this doesn’t bother her but if you give her something like an asparagus she will not eat it for anything,

That's... weird.
Interesting, though.

I left before Mickey and Squid. We had a big day tomorrow. Four parks, 3 rides in each park.

I wonder how that will turn out????? :rolleyes1

This is dedication to all five of my readers. I’m reporting to you from the vanity area of room 5065 at 7am on a vacation day! Here I sit sporting the scars of yesterday with an ice pack on my knee and a bandaid on my foot, writing to my adoring fans, all five of you.

Yesterday, also had an early start because I was foolishly talked into taking part in a four park challenge—all the parks, three rides in each park. TGM put so much work into the planning that I didn’t have the heart to say no.

We had attempted this several years ago and made it through two parks before we were thwarted by the rain. Well, I was thwarted. (Boy, that’s a weird word.) TGM and Druid went back out to finish the challenge later that night. Me and rain—we don’t mix.

Where was I? We were up early to get an early start at Hollywood Studios. We figured we had to get Toy Story out of the way first and wanted to be at the park an hour before opening to be ahead of the crowds. So, the plan was to meet on the boardwalk at 7:45. And I know that was the plan because I texted everyone at 7:00 to confirm. And they responded, “Yes, Laura74. See you there.”

Monkston and I went down a few minutes early to get something to eat for the walk over. She chose a croissant and I got a muffin which I figured would be easy traveling food. Druid and TGM were on time. I texted my brother to see when they would be down. “Be there in a few,” he said.

I finished my traveling muffin at the table and waited for Monkston to finish her croissant. It’s now 7:55. He’s officially late! Our carefully planned strategy will be ruined! (You have to add some drama once in a while—trip reporting 101. Well, at least that’s what Ponzi does.)

Speaking of Ponzi and his ideas that I’ve stolen, I think I need to add another incentive to get comments. Ponzi has the contest sewn up at this point and I need to give him some competition. I will give you a 25 point question later in this recap,

We told him we would start heading over to the path to Hollywood Studios and would meet him there. “Be down soon. Having trouble getting Merida going,” he said.

It’s 8:10. Plans ruined! There are thousands of people lining up right now, I’ll bet.

We bother Mickey some more sending text after text, nagging him like a mother trying to get her child to school. Finally, he says they are just about ready. He asks where we are. Behind the Keester Coaster, we say. “What a Keester Coaster,” he asks. (It’s the scary clown slide.)

At 8:25, we see them leaving the building. “Walk faster!” we cry.

We fast-walk (it’s a thing!) to Hollywood Studios. Along the way, I attempt to take a photo, all for you my 5 twitter followers, of the scenery. In doing so I spill some of my coffee on my white shirt. You know when you wear white you are just asking to spill something on it. I clean it up as best I can with the rest of Monkston’s water. We are having a great start.

We can see the entrance in the distance and it looks crowded. Oh no! Will we have to wait a long time to ride Toy Story? We walk faster.

As we approach, we see that there are crowds of people waiting outside the entrance but they are making no attempt to actually enter the park. That is very odd. I guess they do not read Disboards. We pass them to bag check, sail through, and get in a short line on the far right. Wow! We couldn’t have gotten much closer to the front. Plans un-ruined!

At 9:45 we are let in the park and we fast-walk over to Toy Story, following Druid who is weaving in and out of slower mortals. He takes us through the short cut at Brown Derby and we are there with 0 wait!

10 minutes later we exit with sore arms. I had the best score in my car! Ok. I was the only one in my car, but still.

TGM didn’t want to ride RocknRoller Coaster so he and Druid went to the Great Movie Ride and while we headed down Sunset Boulevard. We tried to convince him to come with us but he was having none of it.

We rode it with minimal wait and headed over to meet Druid and TGM at Star Tours. There would be no handbag mishaps today because I borrowed Monkston’s backpack. I bought her a little shoulder bag to carry her phone in after the incident the other day.

After riding Star Tours, we headed to the exit to go to our next park, Magic Kingdom. We had made FP+ there but the return times were far apart so we figured we might do better riding standby. We checked the wait times on the bus and decided to ride Pirates first. We could then go to Haunted Mansion and use a FP+ on Barnstormer. (Maybe it’s not a major attraction. We bent the rules a little.)

We knocked out all three rides. My Fit Bit buzzed that I’d already reached 10,000 steps. Sheena texted us a photo of her feet on a beach. Why did I agree to do this again?

Everyone was pretty hungry so we went over to Cosmic Ray’s which was already packed at 12:00. Monkston wanted a burger so I got one too, selflessly not getting salad so I could stay in the same line. I also opted for fries so she would not be jealous of my green beans or apple slices.

The burger here was a little better than at Backlot, mainly because of the toppings bar. The fries were really good though,

After lunch, we headed quickly to the exit. Monkston lamented that we weren’t stopping in stores. “Tomorrow,” I said. “Tomorrow will be about characters, stores and citizens of Main Street.”

TGM wanted to see if we could change our FP+ to Animal Kingdom FP+ so he went over to the information center. The rest of us pretended we wanted to play the sorcerer’s game to get some cards. Monkston collects them and she was happy with the ones she received.

TGM was told we had to change our FP+ at Animal Kingdom so we headed to the bus.

A bus pulled up shortly after we arrived at the stop and we checked wait times. All the rides in DinoLand had short waits so we decided to knock out our three rides there. The sky looked pretty cloudy at this point, but my rain app said there would no precipitation for the next hour. The plan was to ride Primevil Whirl and Triceratops before it rained and then hit Dinosaur.

As we made our way to DinoLand, we started feeling drip, drip, drip. “It’s just spitting,” Druid said.

Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip.

I took out my umbrella.

And the skies opened. We sloshed as fast as we could to Dinosaur, hoping it would be a quick storm. I really don’t love this ride, but I was happy to be here while it rained. I hoped for a long wait time with more and more people taking cover there, but we went through the line pretty quickly.

After the ride, when we were dumped into the shop, we could see from the window that the rain had gotten worse. The gift shop was insanity. Wall to wall people, lining up to buy ponchos. I could see that this rain would be too much for our dollar store ponchos so I lined up to give Disney my money for some sturdier ones. The rest followed suit and we were soon on our way, styling in our Disney ponchos.

There was nothing we could ride here. Everything was closed, except for that horrible bug show, due to the rain. We thought about continuing to Epcot, but instead returned to the Boardwalk. I was spent. I walked over 15,000 steps and I had the swollen knee to prove it. (I had an operation on my knee when I was a kid. It started acting up last fall. I blame Jillian Michaels. I have since switched to the Bar Method exercise program and it’s been better but I guess this was too much for it.)

I went back to the room for a hot shower and Monkston quickly fell asleep. After a brief stop the rest of them went to Epcot to finish the challenge. I didn’t mind though. I was over it at that point.

We had a late reservation at Sanaa that night. We had hoped we could change it to something closer but it was too late and we would incur a $100 fee if we canceled.

So, I took to Twitter to ask my five followers what would be the best way to get there, considering the rain and my aversion to walking in it. Ponzi suggested a taxi van. We checked with concierge and were told we would need two of the larger taxis. We figured we would need taxis after dinner so we decided to take bus to Animal Kingdom and then switch to bus to Lodge.

Monkston and I met Jack in the lounge before dinner. I introduced her to a Shirley Temple and she wanted another one. The lounge was packed because of the rain and we had trouble finding a seat. Luckily some people left the large sofa so we took that over as more of our party straggled in.

We stayed for about a half hour and then stopped to watch a magician performing in the lobby before going to the bus. We were almost to the stop when we saw a bus to Animal Kingdom approach. The kids ran ahead to hold it for us and just as they got there, it pulled away! I know the bus driver must have seen them. Now what do we do? Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney will take too long.

And then we saw a bus to Epcot. I didn’t even know they had bus service to Epcot here. We’ve only ever walked. We hopped on and were on our way. So far this is working out well.

After a brief wait in the bus line at Epcot we got on an Animal Kingdom Lodge bus and we made it to Kidani by 8:00.

We had to wait a while for our table because we requested two tables next to each other. We waited outside by the fire pit. The cast member attending the area was from Botswanna. Sheena asked her what her name meant in English (I do not remember it) and she said, “Results.”

We asked how she arrived at Disney and she said they put ads in the papers in Africa for one year positions. She said it’s been interesting but that after 8 months, she’s ready to go home.

At about 8:45 our table was ready, and we lucked out with a table for 10.

I will tell you about dinner tomorrow. Here’s the question. “How did we get back to our resort after dinner?”

This is dedication to all five of my readers.

You only need one.
As long as I'm the one.

I’m reporting to you from the vanity area of room 5065 at 7am on a vacation day!

That's not dedication... that's crazy!
Honestly, you could sleep in a bit.
Maybe 7:30... 7:45...

Here I sit sporting the scars of yesterday with an ice pack on my knee and a bandaid on my foot,

Oh dear Laura! She won't just write for me!
She comes from Alabama with a bandaid and sore knee!

TGM put so much work into the planning that I didn’t have the heart to say no.

The heart is willing, the knee is not.

Well, I was thwarted. (Boy, that’s a weird word.)

You could use "stymie"... but that always makes me think of one of the little rascals or something.

Where was I?

Vanity area of room 5065

We figured we had to get Toy Story out of the way first

I was wondering about that...
My thought was "They must have FP'ed 7DMT.

And they responded, “Yes, Laura74. See you there.”

Sheena raring to go is she? :rolleyes:

(You have to add some drama once in a while—trip reporting 101. Well, at least that’s what Ponzi does.)

Drama? I usually insert dullness.

Ponzi has the contest sewn up at this point and I need to give him some competition. I will give you a 25 point question later in this recap,

Hey!
(Oh, I'm okay with that. Besides, I've said it often enough: "My TR, my rules." :laughing:)

“Be down soon. Having trouble getting Merida going,” he said.

What's so hard about a bucket of ice water dumped on her head???

Behind the Keester Coaster, we say. “What a Keester Coaster,” he asks. (It’s the scary clown slide.)

:lmao:

We fast-walk (it’s a thing!)

Oh, I know. I'm quite adept at that style of locomotion.

Along the way, I attempt to take a photo, all for you my 5 twitter followers, of the scenery.

Appreciated.

In doing so I spill some of my coffee on my white shirt. You know when you wear white you are just asking to spill something on it.

Well of course. You were just asking for it, really.
And the longer the day is supposed to be, the earlier the spill will be.

It's an axiom.

As we approach, we see that there are crowds of people waiting outside the entrance but they are making no attempt to actually enter the park. That is very odd.

Weird... but, well, I might have a similar experience on my TR in a bit.

Plans un-ruined!

:woohoo:

Druid who is weaving in and out of slower mortals

:eek: Holy cow! Does he have super powers???
That's so cool!
Able to go in an out of people like that!
Do they notice? Or is he invisible too?

Totally cool.

He takes us through the short cut at Brown Derby and we are there with 0 wait!

First, Woot for 0 wait! And second, I never knew about that short cut. Interesting.

I had the best score in my car! Ok. I was the only one in my car, but still.

::yes:: Still counts.

TGM didn’t want to ride RocknRoller Coaster

Didn't. Want. To. Ride.

:faint:

We rode it with minimal wait and headed over to meet Druid and TGM at Star Tours.

No TOT?
Line too long? Or some not wanting to?

I bought her a little shoulder bag to carry her phone in after the incident the other day.

Oh, you mean when you were a bad mom and totally failed her by losing her phone?
That incident?

(Maybe it’s not a major attraction. We bent the rules a little.)

A little!
I don't know if I can accept this challenge as a true four park challenge!

My Fit Bit buzzed that I’d already reached 10,000 steps. Sheena texted us a photo of her feet on a beach. Why did I agree to do this again?

10,000 steps????
Okay. It's a true challenge.

selflessly not getting salad so I could stay in the same line.

That's to atone for the lost phone, right?

I also opted for fries so she would not be jealous of my green beans or apple slices.

:lmao: That's funny stuff, Laura!

The rest of us pretended we wanted to play the sorcerer’s game to get some cards. Monkston collects them and she was happy with the ones she received.

With all of you getting cards, she must have a pretty good collection now!

All the rides in DinoLand had short waits so we decided to knock out our three rides there.

Dinoland?
But there's only one ride there!

:rolleyes1

The gift shop was insanity. Wall to wall people,

Disney must love it when it rains.
"Look, we can force them to walk through the shop after a ride, but how do we make 'em stay?"
"We could aim a hose at the exit..."
"No, that'd just make 'em angry. If only we could make it rain! Like when a big party of people are doing a four park challenge or something and they're not stopping at all... Look into it!"

lining up to buy ponchos.

Suckers! Good thing you were smart and got yours earlier!

I could see that this rain would be too much for our dollar store ponchos so I lined up to give Disney my money for some sturdier ones.

Oh.

We had a late reservation at Sanaa that night. We had hoped we could change it to something closer but it was too late and we would incur a $100 fee if we canceled.

I really have mixed feelings about this.
I really do like the idea of "forcing" people to keep their ADRs. From the perspective of "Let's make a bunch of ADRs for the same night at a bunch of different restaurants and we'll pick the one we actually want later. To heck with anyone else who wants one."
On the other hand, if something comes up, you're stuck.
Wish there was a better way.
And no. I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I introduced her to a Shirley Temple and she wanted another one.

:) I still remember exactly where I was when I had my first Shirley Temple.
Not surprised she wanted another.

We stayed for about a half hour and then stopped to watch a magician performing in the lobby before going to the bus.

Any good?

The cast member attending the area was from Botswanna. Sheena asked her what her name meant in English (I do not remember it) and she said, “Results.”

I don't know if that's funny or not.
I don't want to insult her by laughing, since it could be a cultural thing.

Still.... sounds funny.

We asked how she arrived at Disney and she said they put ads in the papers in Africa for one year positions. She said it’s been interesting but that after 8 months, she’s ready to go home.

Huh. Interesting.
I had a similar interaction myself on my last day.

“How did we get back to our resort after dinner?”

Hmmm.... Well, you did say you were going to take a cab (or two.)
But I'm going to go with bus to Epcot and walk.

And thanks for the update! :goodvibes

I double checked my bag several times and added a few things that will probably turn out to be nonessential. I always pack as if we are vacationing in the backwoods with no access to things like stores.

Okay I'm not one for chapter breakdowns, so I concede all those points to Pkondzi. Enjoy the fish plaque Ponz...

But I have to comment on Laura packing like she is vacationing in the backwoods. That line has been stuck in my mind for about 2 days now.

As an avid camper from Canada, I'm pretty sure that Laura's packing was nothing like for a backwoods vacation. There are no 110 volt outlets in the backwoods Laura (bag gets 5 lbs lighter), or mirrors (drops 15 lb makeup bag), and you wear a hat all day to keep the bugs and sun off (there goes the hair care products), and you're not allowed to smell pretty 'cause the bears will eat ya, (there goes all the scent products) - now we're getting closer...

But, you have to carry everything you eat (no Amazon deliveries, even late ones). And you need to rub animal "scent" all over you (not sayin' how they make that stuff), and....

Laura? Lauuurrrraaaaa?!?!? Hey, where did she go?

(I probably just dropped a couple of points for making fun, didn't I)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter