Loose vs. Lose!

Well, that explains a lot... :umbrella:DISclaimer: I'm kidding. I don't even know wallyb.

Would you like to?
devilish.gif

Would you like to?
devilish.gif
Sure - want to come to one of the not-yet-officially-planned Boston meets? Most convenient for you would probably be the unofficial Second Annual Anti-Ronda meet (but I'm gonna fool 'em all and show up! :teeth: )

Yeah, I know everybody was hoping this thread would die a quiet death... and I tried to stay away, I really did - even when, in the space of about two hours last week, I read three posts in three entirely unrelated threads that used the word "where" when they meant "were"....

But I can't help it. There's a thread on another popular board where the topic is Credit Card Consolation without Equity...

there is a trend rapidly catching on in the office here - and it really makes me cross.

People write things such as "please follow the below instructions" or "insert the below entries into the table".

It is the instructions BELOW or entries BELOW - not the other way round.

(I work for a big American computer company and many of the employees on our project are from India - I think it is their English which is behind this)

I know many of you hoped this thread would die a slow death but I saw this today on the Theme Parks Board and it just made me laugh.....

"We will be at MK Nov. 26 (the day before Thanksgiving)... what do you think is the maximum number of rides we can fit in? We are definitely a "camando" type family but we also like to see the characters."

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself........it's been a stressful morning!:rolleyes1

In the UK "going Commando" (or even Camando as per the post above!) means going without any underwear (knickers to be precise). Funny how the saying has developed in different ways in our 2 countries ;)

Also what you guys call a Fanny Pack is called a Bum Bag here. Anyone using the word fanny would very much be frowned upon - its meaning here is a 'lady's front bottom!!!'

Not quite what this thread is about I know but seeing a description of a family going commando conjured up a rather strange and not particularly nice picture in my head :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

In the UK "going Commando" (or even Camando as per the post above!) means going without any underwear (knickers to be precise). Funny how the saying has developed in different ways in our 2 countries ;)

Also what you guys call a Fanny Pack is called a Bum Bag here. Anyone using the word fanny would very much be frowned upon - its meaning here is a 'lady's front bottom!!!'

Not quite what this thread is about I know but seeing a description of a family going commando conjured up a rather strange and not particularly nice picture in my head :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

In the US, commando can mean sans underwear as well. It is a multi-purpose word. :)

How about the image of a family going commando wearing fanny packs???

has someone mentioned yet (this thread is NINE pages! YIKES!) all the times people spell definitely as DEFINATELY?:upsidedow

jon

has someone mentioned yet (this thread is NINE pages! YIKES!) all the times people spell definitely as DEFINATELY?:upsidedow

jon

I mention it in every spelling thread. Does no good, unfortunately.

for me it is itch and scratch

something itches and you scratch it...

You don't itch an itch....

that is the one that bothers me the most.

susieh said:
Ha! I can do better than that. My grandmother's NAME was Fanny! My grandfather nicknamed her "Bill" (chosen, I think, because it rhymed with his name - but who knows?). He REFUSED to call her by her given name! Yes, I come from a strange family.

And thanks, BigTiggerGuy, for resurrecting this thread - I missed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter