Lost DVC points

Disney World vacation Club issued a message that will cause any members with reservations during the shutdown to lose banked points:

As we have shared, Disney Vacation Club has lifted the close-in reservation cancellation restrictions and will return any of your points back as vacation points or reservation points without placing them into holding. In the meantime, all points banking rules remain in place. While we understand the banking policy might create some frustration, please realize that this is in place to ensure that the membership as a whole avoids future inventory constraints.

Essentially, if you banked points to use on a vacation in the next few weeks and there are from your 2019 use year you will lose the points. Time to rise up DVC members!!!!!!!!!!
That is the problem for me. We will be losing 200 points! We had the trip of a lifetime planned for Aulani and had banked points specifically to have a lot to use this year for the vacation. Now that it is canceled, those banked points are returned to this UY and there is no way we can use them this summer. The only option they have offered me is to dump them into RCI - which we have no interest in using. Not sure what to do - and there is almost no time to decide. Last day for RCI dump is August 17th according to DVC castmember I spoke with yesterday.

That is the problem for me. We will be losing 200 points! We had the trip of a lifetime planned for Aulani and had banked points specifically to have a lot to use this year for the vacation. Now that it is canceled, those banked points are returned to this UY and there is no way we can use them this summer. The only option they have offered me is to dump them into RCI - which we have no interest in using. Not sure what to do - and there is almost no time to decide. Last day for RCI dump is August 17th according to DVC castmember I spoke with yesterday.
Have you seen the latest update. Depending on your circumstance, banked points may be extended.

Have you seen the latest update. Depending on your circumstance, banked points may be extended.

I don’t believe they are extending any banked points beyond April and May. Given that the opening of the resorts will most likely open soon, I can’t see any other UYs given that extension.

I don’t believe they are extending any banked points beyond April and May. Given that the opening of the resorts will most likely open soon, I can’t see any other UYs given that extension.
poster I was responding to didn't indicate the UY. That's why I suggested they check out the latest update.

It’s looking like we will be losing 225 points, all of our 2018 banked points. We were using almost 3 years worth of points for the Hawaii trip. Between two kids college schedules and my husbands work I don’t think we will have any avaibility when we could go. And with a pandemic RCI not an attract option.

It’s looking like we will be losing 225 points, all of our 2018 banked points. We were using almost 3 years worth of points for the Hawaii trip. Between two kids college schedules and my husbands work I don’t think we will have any avaibility when we could go. And with a pandemic RCI not an attract option.
You could always try and snag a reservation somewhere and rent it. Who knows what the rental market will look like over the next year, but I cannot imagine it will go to zero.

I don't remember the details, but RCI does extend the life of your points. So if you transfer to RCI you have a longer period to use them.

You could always try and snag a reservation somewhere and rent it. Who knows what the rental market will look like over the next year, but I cannot imagine it will go to zero.

I don't remember the details, but RCI does extend the life of your points. So if you transfer to RCI you have a longer period to use them.

Deposits to RCI are good for 2 years, You can also extend an additional year for $100 if in the two years you have not used,

I agree that if you can’t use at all, the deposit makes sense as it least it’s something. If you never use, you aren’t any worse than just letting them expire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter