Lulu201's Healthy Living Log (comments welcome!)

Howdy, howdy Erin!

Sooooo, how did it go today (she asked nervously).

And remember, now is a good time to weigh yourself!!!:) :) :)

Love ya, buddy!

I love DizMare's idea, Erin!! Great time to weigh in!! ;)

I hope all went well today!!

Hi, everyone!:wave2: I'm back! I took a few days off from journaling--though I did do some lurking--I guess it's because I'm in vacation mode.

The weekend was nice. Friday was lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and the IMAX of Harry Potter--both terrific! Saturday DD and I shopped in the morning and then straightened up for DFIL and DMIL's visit for Father's Day. Sunday had DH and I both playing in church from 8-10:30 and then a few quick errands. I took myself over to Barnes and Noble and the Mall in the afternoon--treated myself to a new CD, appointment book, and some undies from Vicky's. Came home and took DD to Old Navy and then headed to Giant to grab some orange popcicles and jello--my dinner.

Last night I started the first part of the colonoscopy prep and then this morning I was up early to do part two. The hospital called to see if I wanted to come at 11:15 instead of my 12:45 time--DH and I were there in a shot!! I was back home by 1 p.m.
Mare, I changed my siggie to reflect my weigh-in this morning--one of the very few perks of the total clean out!:teeth:

They found two polyps which have gone to be biopsied; dr. doesn't expect cancer, but will be able to determine what kind of polyps they are--the kind that lead to cancer or the kind that never do. DH and I asked, rather naively, if everyone has a polyp or two. Dr. said no, and it's not common for women my age. SO, I'm glad to say that I went and had it done. Waiting to 50 might not have been a good thing, especially with my family history. Dr. doesn't think that the polyps cause the pain I have, however, so I'm on my way to see a ob-gyn who knows about endometriosis.

Mare, thanks for the PM. Be looking for my reply soon--I'm going to give a detailed "trip report" so you know EXACTLY what to expect! :p

Tomorrow I hope to be back on the treadie bright and early. I want to keep off my pounds so I weigh in light on Friday.:rolleyes:

Erin

Hi, everyone!:wave2: I'm back! I took a few days off from journaling--though I did do some lurking--I guess it's because I'm in vacation mode.

The weekend was nice. Friday was lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and the IMAX of Harry Potter--both terrific! Saturday DD and I shopped in the morning and then straightened up for DFIL and DMIL's visit for Father's Day. Sunday had DH and I both playing in church from 8-10:30 and then a few quick errands. I took myself over to Barnes and Noble and the Mall in the afternoon--treated myself to a new CD, appointment book, and some undies from Vicky's. Came home and took DD to Old Navy and then headed to Giant to grab some orange popcicles and jello--my dinner.

Last night I started the first part of the colonoscopy prep and then this morning I was up early to do part two. The hospital called to see if I wanted to come at 11:15 instead of my 12:45 time--DH and I were there in a shot!! I was back home by 1 p.m.
Mare, I changed my siggie to reflect my weigh-in this morning--one of the very few perks of the total clean out!:teeth:

They found two polyps which have gone to be biopsied; dr. doesn't expect cancer, but will be able to determine what kind of polyps they are--the kind that lead to cancer or the kind that never do. DH and I asked, rather naively, if everyone has a polyp or two. Dr. said no, and it's not common for women my age. SO, I'm glad to say that I went and had it done. Waiting to 50 might not have been a good thing, especially with my family history. Dr. doesn't think that the polyps cause the pain I have, however, so I'm on my way to see a ob-gyn who knows about endometriosis.

Mare, thanks for the PM. Be looking for my reply soon--I'm going to give a detailed "trip report" so you know EXACTLY what to expect! :p

Tomorrow I hope to be back on the treadie bright and early. I want to keep off my pounds so I weigh in light on Friday.:rolleyes:

Erin

Hi Erin :wave2:

I'm glad to hear that your treatments went well and yay on the Vicky's underwear! :) Sounds like you had a nice Father's Day!

How have you been lately? I've missed ya on the boards!

~Amanda

Erin, I'll be sending up prayers for good test results on your biopsies. Good for you for being brave enough to go through with your testing!! I'm very proud of you!!

I'm glad you treated yourself to some nice things from the mall!!

Hi Erin,
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I bet you're glad the colonoscopy is over. I had one a few years back and they removed a polyp. Everything was fine. I only have to go back every 10 years. I wonder how the new virtual ones are. But then, if they find a polyp they have to do the other anyway.

Keep up positive thoughts. The waiting will be tough, but I'm sure the good results will be worth it. Hopefully, you'll start feeling better soon.

NancyJ

Hi Lulu,
Hugs and wishes for a good biopsy outcome!:hug: I asked my primary if I could have a colonoscopy before 50, because my mom has diverticulosis and had to have emergency bowel surgery in her late 40's when one popped, but he said no need, just wait till I turn 50.(I'm almost 45)

That's funny...losing weight via the bowel prep...ya know, that's how the celebs do it before the awards ceremonies. Pay someone thousands of dollars to "clean them out" and flatten their tummies...wonder how their electrolyte levels are?

Take care of yourself,
Jean

Hi Erin,

I'm glad your colonoscopy is over. I'll be sending prayers that the biopsy is negative. I am glad that you are going to see a better ob/gyn. You need answers. Enjoy your day today.
Beth

Good morning, WISH-friends! Group hug::grouphug: Thanks, everyone, for stopping by! Beth, Jean, Doreen, Amanda, Nancy--it was great to see your posts! Thanks for your support in all of this. . .still haven't heard anything from the doc. I figure no news is good news.

Tuesday I taught lessons and helped DD finish packing. Yesterday I had 20 students play at an adjudicated event, plus DD left for Seattle. She got off without a hitch and called this morning at 1:15 to say she was safe and sound. Ahhh, big sigh of relief. They're going to do some fantastic things; it's a wonderful experience for her. Oh, my students played well, also; it was a good day all around.

Not much time to eat yesterday, though I must say I had a nice chicken-walnut salad when I took the piano judge and the site chairman out to dinner last night. Today I'm thinking things through and the plan is as follows:

1. vitamins
2. drink TONS of water
3. exercise
4. breakfast: oatmeal
lunch: chicken on salad
snack: fresh fruit salad
veggies
dinner: soup and 1/2 a peanut butter sandwich on 7 grain
bread

I'm in a good place today--mentally and physically. :D I feel like I'm recovering from the hectic spring and onto the healing forces of summer.

I'm going onward and downward, girlfriends--
Erin

Erin, you sound positively sunny!! :sunny: Your hectic time is winding down and you can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel - time for some extra R&R! Maybe you should schedule a massage to help you truly let go of all that stress and relax!

Enjoy your day!! :sunny:

Hello princess: Erin! You sound wonderful today! I'm glad that you have a had a great couple of days. And your menu today looks and sounds wonderful. Want to share?

~Amanda

Hi Erin!
So, how much does a polyp weigh anyway?? I bet it's a bit like me shaving my legs before weigh in. hee-hee.

Here's sending good thoughts and wishes for a negative results for you.

Oh, and I am still awaiting that very special trip report!

Seriously, after the test, did you feel up to doing your regular life stuff or did you need to lie down for awile. Just trying to plan my week.... Egads!!

Love ya!
Mare

Friday, 6/25

I didn't get weighed in this morning. I didn't feel like it. DH and I had pizza and beer last night for dinner (remember my plan for soup?:rolleyes: ) and I knew I was going to see some bloated number. Maybe tomorrow.

All I have is today and so far, I'm happy with it!:D I had my vitamins, drank some water, and went to the park and walked 4.5 miles+. It's been awhile since I walked like that and it really felt good. It restored my spirit--the warm breeze, the sunshine, the rabbits and groundhogs scampering around, the friendly people, the time to myself--it was all good.

DH and I are going to run over to the mall to get the tires on my car changed. My plan is to have a salad for lunch. DH wants to go to a seafood buffet for dinner. . .guess I can do that as long as I eat broiled seafood and not a bunch of fried stuff.

This morning I told DizMare in a PM that sometimes I wonder why I ever signed up for the half marathon, but after my walk this morning I'm energized and know again why I like to walk. I'm looking forward to another walk tomorrow on the beach, and some more park walking this coming week. Maybe while I'm at the mall today I'll check out some cool max clothing so make it more pleasant to walk. . .I got a bit sweatier than I like today.

Amanda, thanks for stopping over to say hi. If you were looking to share my soup, I can actually send you the whole can since I never got to it last night! :p

Doreen, I am back in the light. :sunny: My life has some balance and some ease to it. A lot of my pressures and deadlines are behind me at the moment (or so far ahead I don't care yet:p ) and the pace of life is more comfortable.

Well, guess I'd better shower and change for the mall. Will stop in at work with DH this afternoon even though I don't have any students. I like being at the studio and chatting with everyone.(right, Mare?:D )

Erin

You know, Erin, I really miss our chats at the studio. Commiserating about mothers and daughters and their contributions to our....insanity!!!!

I'm glad you are feeling better about walking! It feels so good when you stop, doesn't it? There's a joke in there somewhere...

Happy beach walking to you tomorrow! I'll check in with you when I return next week.

Hi Erin, good to see you're doing so well! Sorry I haven't been posting as much, but I've been keeping my eye on you guys when I can. Take care and keep up the good work!:D

Hi Erin, good to see you're doing so well! Sorry I haven't been posting as much, but I've been keeping my eye on you guys when I can. Take care and keep up the good work!:D

I hope you had a great time at the beach - always so nice to walk with your toes in the surf!

Calm and centered, princess: Erin! That's how you sound! I'm so glad you're seeing some light again. You really had one heck of a spring! Here's hoping that summer includes some lazy days!

I'm here as my alter-ego, lulu202. For some reason the timing on my computer has changed--like the one at work used to be--so now I can't log on as lulu201, only lulu202! Maybe tomorrow I'll figure all this out. In the meantime. . .

Here I am! Tomorrow I start counting points again. I'm truly ready. I'm going to be out between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. walking the walk; I'll walk the "track" on the sidewalks in my development and the neighboring one. I've got to reset my pedometer with my stride length so that I can get a better idea of my mileage.

We didn't get to the beach yesterday; it just felt too rushed. With DD doing her own thing in Seattle, DH and I are pretty much free as birds, so we bagged it when we saw that it was supposed to be overcast a good chunk of the day. Instead we stayed home and relaxed. I did some laundry, read, and napped.
In the evening we got all dressed up and went on a dinner date. Quite romantic.:lovestruc

This morning we both played in church, picked up some produce, and then headed to Lowes. We bought some new light fixtures, came home for lunch, read, and took a nap! Uhh-oh, maybe we're getting too relaxed!

I'm going to go cut up some veggies and fruit and hard-boil some eggs. I've got to get some healthy goodies all set up for tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to think about goals and objectives for my healthy lifestyle.

Erin

Hi Lulu 202(?)

figure it out yet or just one of those computer mysteries ;)

Sounds like you are doing well with your relaxing:D Love those long walks, I was also in the park for a 4.5er, which park did you hit? It was a beatiful day yesterday sorry you missed the beach. Though when I hit the beach I seem to forget to pack my will power :rolleyes:

Hope you have a great monday and have all those meal plans set:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter