Lunch Help

BCAMom

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. With school starting in less than a month I need lunch ideas for my 8 yr. old DS. He gets tired of sandwichs, so if any of you have any great ideas please let me know. Thanks.

What a great question!

Last year my older one started kindergarten. They do have a cafeteria, but somedays she brought lunch from home. She was the most boring eater! Every day she wanted peanut butter (no jelly) sandwiches or a cheese sandwich. The only variety was perhaps yogurt or a bagel with cream cheese.

Now I'm wondering about this year too. I found this great site with lots of info about school lunches. Here is the link: http://southernfood.about.com/library/weekly/aa080798.htm?rnk=r1&terms=school+lunches

When you get to the bottom of the article click on the "recipe links" section and there's a whole bunch of recipe sites. The one I have been looking at is "back to school lunchbox goodies."

If I find anything else interesting in the way of school lunches I will post it later.

Insulated coolers with some sort of ice pack seem to work best for lunches. I used to teach in a daycare center without a cafeteria, and the kids who used those always had cool lunches.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. A few of the kids carried small hard-sided ones, but they didn't seem to work as well. I guess it was all that extra space. With the soft ones, the extra space is minimal because the material collapses over the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter