Lurkyloo's PJ: Morocco/Attic/UK Lower - Greetings from WDW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to imagine how someone 5'11" feels short and dumpy! :rotfl: Being actually not too short 5'6" but definately dumpy "pooh sized"....

All the pics of dresses you posted are very classically elegant, I really, really like the one you chose...while it is a little princessy, I can certainly vote for the "smallest waist" version!

You will be gorgeous in your dress :bride: and your DF won't be able to take his eyes off of you.

i' 5'9", i understand completely how a tall girl can feel short and dumpy. it's called too many pick ups...anyway, good for you on your dress! i hate these shops that just rip off brides because they can. congratulations on finding such a beautiful dress and for such a good price! i'ts gorgeous! what is your df wearing?

what is your df wearing?

He's wearing this snoozeriffic budget number from Jim's Formalwear (the sneer costs extra!). Actually, he looks really good in it, but it's probably the one area of the wedding I don't have strong opinions about, so we went with his request to look like James Bond. :rotfl:

Tuxedo.jpg

Actually, I was kinda stressing out that we're going to be wearing formal clothes at a 9am wedding - definitely an Emily Post no-no. But I want the dress I want, not something that ettiquette says I should wear. And DF wants to look like James Bond!

:love: I'm a big fan of James Bond, so I think the tux is quite nice.

Who cares what Emily Post says, it's a wedding (regardless of time) so I think you should wear what you like.

You're going to look fantastic and Ms. Post can take a flying leap. Of course, this is why I get into trouble because I don't pay attention to all of that. :rolleyes1

BTW...the answer is yes! you can take me with you! :rotfl: :thumbsup2

You're dress is absolutely gorgeous!! :goodvibes I can't believe that the bridal store would not give you a discount for stains that were already there! That's not good sales tactics! I'm so glad that you found another though. I know you're going to look beautiful!!:bride:

Totally a rip-off!!!

I found "the dress" at a fancy-schmancy store in Seattle that wanted $3660 (plus tax would be $3960 !!!!!) and went home depressed because I didn't want to spend that much. A friend of mine told me to look around on the internet and I found a store in Idaho that is selling me the dress for $2500 (no sales tax and free shipping!!!)

Love your choice for THE Dress. Your first NOT THE DRESS is one of my choices to try on when I go dress shopping (which I really need do soon). I have enjoyed reading your report and look forward to seeing you in a picture of THE Dress.

Linda

But we went with the Indiana Jones temple of doom white jacket tux :)

i'm having a BLAST living vicariously through your wedding planning!

Hi! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one frustrated by the whole wedding-dress-shopping thing. What a scam!

I posted a couple pix of my invites in another thread, but I'm sticking in a bunch more here for the record...

Invitations

I was going to design my own invitations but kinda ran out of time, so I copied ones I saw in a magazine and liked but couldn't afford (gulp!). I am very lucky to have a friend who owns a letterpress stationery business, so he printed the invitation cards, the reply cards, the envelopes, and the thank you notes, which look like blank reply cards (and also come in our supersecret stealth third color, pink).

I designed the folders and the Itinerary/Transportation Schedule and had them printed from a PDF on a color copier at a print house. They look just as good as offset printing but cost half as much!

The labels I found on Martha Stewart Weddings.com. I was agonizing over whether it would be tacky to use printed labels instead of hand writing the addresses, but my printer friend pointed out that it would be more tacky if the invitations couldn't be delivered 'cuz my handwriting is so bad! :rotfl: I figure, if labels are good enough for Martha, they're good enough for me!

fullset2copy.jpg

invatationcopy.jpg

replycardcopy.jpg

schedulecopy.jpg

fullsetinenvelopecopy.jpg

I absolutely love your invitations. The colors look great together! :thumbsup2 I was having trouble figuring out how to word my invitations. After reading yours, it really helped. Thanks!

I absolutely love your invitations. The colors look great together! :thumbsup2 I was having trouble figuring out how to word my invitations. After reading yours, it really helped. Thanks!

I'm so glad you said that - I agonized over the wording because we are paying for our own wedding and have been out of the house for many years, so there was no need for a line about parents inviting you to the wedding of, etc. Yet the style of the invite needed a line of text above our names to balance the design.

Also, I have an aversion to spelling out all the dates and locations the way they say you should - to me it looks really pretentious (I remember a Dave Barry joke was about being invited to a wedding at "'Two Hundred Ninety Eight Harbour Oaks Manour Court Drive Terrace, Next to the Seven-Eleven.'' ...:rotfl: )

I'm so glad you said that - I agonized over the wording because we are paying for our own wedding and have been out of the house for many years, so there was no need for a line about parents inviting you to the wedding of, etc. Yet the style of the invite needed a line of text above our names to balance the design.

Also, I have an aversion to spelling out all the dates and locations the way they say you should - to me it looks really pretentious (I remember a Dave Barry joke was about being invited to a wedding at "'Two Hundred Ninety Eight Harbour Oaks Manour Court Drive Terrace, Next to the Seven-Eleven.'' ...:rotfl: )

:rotfl:
Don't worry, they sound great. Df and I are also paying for the wedding on our own so I didn't see the need for all that other "marriage of their daughter...". Plus I think it sounds better your way, its not as wordy. Anyway, can't wait to hear more!;)

I love the James Bond tux!

I've been following Emily Post very closely, just so I have something to back me up when people get upset ;) ... but I threw her advice out the window when it came to formal wear! My wedding is at 2:30, and it'll be semi-formal (even though she says not till 6:00). DF and the groomsmen will be wearing tuxes (no tails) and my girls will have long black evening gowns.

It's your day and I doubt anyone will be offended if you're a little dressier than the etiquette books say. :thumbsup2

As you prolly figured out from the invites, our colors are turquoise and orange, with the super-secret stealth color fuchsia (don’t tell anyone)! I picked Pantone colors because – for printing, at least – you can get an exact match no matter where they are duplicated. They show up differently on computer screens, though, so if you hate these colors, just remember they don’t look *anything* like this! :rotfl:

Pantonecolors.jpg

We’re going for a vaguely Moroccan theme in some of the elements, but didn’t want to do a full-on attempt at capturing a culture we know very little about. The cake is about the most themed element.

MoroccanCake.jpg

Our flavors are (top to bottom) chocolate with peanut butter cup mousse, red velvet with cream cheese, and chocolate with peanut butter mousse. It’s kind of a narrow spectrum, but after years of getting fruit- and liqueur-filled cake at weddings (both of which I hate), I decided to be selfish in this department!

The cake table will have simple crossed sashes in turquoise and orange, laid out like this:

Displayidea.jpg

Another thing I’m not a fan of is swirly, foofy “clouding” on cake tables….

This is our cake knife.
Alligatorknife.jpg

I wish they made a goofy little server to go with it – maybe we could use this spatula…

turner4.jpg

…Or this cheese knife! What do you think?

cheeseslicer.jpg

This was going to be the surprise groom’s cake until I decided the money would be better spent elsewhere. Maybe for our anniversary, though – it’s so cute!

1098601097_db7fa2b16f_o.jpg

Hi! I'm brand new to the boards, just want you to know I'm enjoying your PJ. I love the colors you've chosen, invitations are beautiful and the cake WOW!
Looking forward to hearing more!!

I love your cake!! It's so pretty and unique!! The groom's cake is cool, too, though I completely understand cutting that out. I might have to try and make that one, though.. it doesn't look *too* complicated, and I do love to bake cute cakes!!

Your cake server is cute, too! I'm a buyer for a family store, and we used to carry that line. It's Koziol from Germany and they've got some really cute stuff! However, we recently had to drop the line because they've stopped importing the stuff over here. If you want one of those spatulas and haven't purchased it already, you might want to do so now, just in case they run out and you can't find one. This is a bit expensive ($32) and not the same line, but I thought it was cute and might work for you. http://www.chiasso.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=51766

fifi_orange.jpg

love2b@disney: Thanks for reading! There is a *ton* of useful info on these boards - I hope I can help a little!

This is a bit expensive ($32) and not the same line, but I thought it was cute and might work for you. http://www.chiasso.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=51766

fifi_orange.jpg

Oh wow - that's really perfect! I had heard that Koziol's stuff was being discontinued and wondered why I keep finding it everywhere. That makes sense now - they're just not importing it anymore. I'm going to go check out that server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter