Macaroni & Cheese For Thanksgiving Dinner

You can serve what ever you want for your dinner. I eat what is served before me and no complaints.

Aye or nay?

Not as the main course, but as one of the sides.

DD says she wants it, but I've never served it before on Turkey Day. Nor have I ever been to anybody's house who served it.

I know it's popular in some areas.

DD can bring it over. Hopefully she'll make a "real" one, not Kraft from a box.

Yay! I started doing it about 5 years ago for a picky SIL who didn't like other things I made (who doesn't like Brussels sprouts au gratin?) and it was a big hit. But I only do sweet potatoes not regular mashed potatoes so it isn't too bad. Sweet potatoes, stuffing, Mac, Brussels, and green bean casserole. Turkey, gravy, cranberry and desserts. No Rolls.

Sure, why not? If your family likes it, I say go for it. My family tends to have a feast with several cooks contributing, and many more choices than an ordinary meal. When I was a kid, my Italian grandma often made lasagna as a side on holidays, including Thanksgiving.

I think it’s fine to serve Mac n cheese for Thanksgiving dinner. I have an aunt who always made the best baked Mac n cheese on Thanksgiving.

I loved going to my black friends homes for thanksgiving because they always have Mac and cheese!!! Growing up that’s the only time we got it since no one in my family made it. Now my SIL makes it for our family gatherings. Her mother makes it the best but she’s a very close second.

I say anything goes. My SO family is from Central America. They don’t even make turkey on thanksgiving. They make all other kinds of delicious food. It’s about getting together with family, making memories and being thankful.

I don't have a problem with that! At my MIL's on Thanksgiving, someone always brings ravioli. Seems like a weird Thanksgiving dinner side to me, but I guess you can only have so much stuffing, sweet potatoes, and turkey.

Aye or nay?

Not as the main course, but as one of the sides.

DD says she wants it, but I've never served it before on Turkey Day. Nor have I ever been to anybody's house who served it.

I know it's popular in some areas.

DD can bring it over. Hopefully she'll make a "real" one, not Kraft from a box.

If the people eating at your table like and want it, there's nothing wrong with having it.
You don't even HAVE to have Turkey. It's not required by law.

Yay! but then again I can eat mac n cheese every day for the rest of my life and be happy

I'm 52, and I've had my mother's/grandma's/and now my southern-style baked mac and cheese every Thanksgiving of my life, except one, and that was on vacation. If we spend the holidays at inlaws or with other family, I'm always asked to make it. My brother inlaw's inlaws have even asked me to bring it when we've done a multi-family dinner, lol. I can't imagine not having it at this point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter