Maggie & Shanes Wedding TR- Nov 2006- Sea Breeze Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post warmed my night! If I can help you in any way please let me know!

Randy truly is amazing-- theres no need for me to go on and on (I know I gush about it) but everything you hear is true! Him and his wife Linda are amazing people both in spirit and in tallent.

When are you planning on getting married? Have you chosen a venue yet? Everywhere in Disney is just so beautiful... ive yet to see a wedding that didnt turn out to be absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations-- and thanks for being so sweet and warming my night! :hug:
Now see? there you go being sooo generous again, offering to help with everyone else's planning. i love it! Are you and Laura (princessdisneybelle) sisters?

I'm glad I could make your evening...you totally deserve it.

It will be hard to top a wedding as beautiful as yours. We are hoping for August 8, 2008 at the YCG (10am...August will be hot, but hopefully value season!) oh, Intimate wedding of course, its all we can afford, and being from Michigan, not too many will be able to make the trip anyway! We're undecided about what to do for lunch afterwards...we'll see, I have time.

Thanks again. I know I speak for a lot of other DISbrides when I say how much we appreciate and value your thoughts, opinions, etc.

Now see? there you go being sooo generous again, offering to help with everyone else's planning. i love it! Are you and Laura (princessdisneybelle) sisters?

I'm glad I could make your evening...you totally deserve it.

It will be hard to top a wedding as beautiful as yours. We are hoping for August 8, 2008 at the YCG (10am...August will be hot, but hopefully value season!) oh, Intimate wedding of course, its all we can afford, and being from Michigan, not too many will be able to make the trip anyway! We're undecided about what to do for lunch afterwards...we'll see, I have time.

Thanks again. I know I speak for a lot of other DISbrides when I say how much we appreciate and value your thoughts, opinions, etc.

Your so sweet.

Have you considered waiting a week or two and going when disney offers free dining? Since you are doing an intimate-- are you an AAA member? AAA members are right now on a special and can go to disney for $455 per person for 5 nights and 6 days (granted thats the price for a value room). None-the-less thats a really good price when you consider its free dining, room, park tickets, etc. You would probobly have to add on airfare (or car- whichever you choose)-- but airfare seems to be lowering and a lot of the smaller cheaper airlines are coming around more lately (all with service to Orlando). Thats something to consider-- would probobly be cheaper for both you and your guests. DH and I did this promotion back in 2005 (it was in September though) and the parks were empty and we had a wonderful time. Saved us a lot of money and it was DH's for experience with WDW.

August is a great month. GL!:thumbsup2

We are considering a little later in August, but not too much later because I was trying to do this before school starts in the fall as my MOH and mom are both counselors in the schools. I wanted to make it as easy as possible for them. So we'll see.

I have AAA, but I called them already and unless something changes for 2008 (the AAA rates/specials aren't out yet) we figured we can do it cheaper without AAA, if we can get the free dining special...if they offer it around the same time next year. We are hoping to stay in a moderate resort. We will also be driving...which we love to do and saves us tons of $$, plus I can bring with me everything I need and then some!

Anxious to see the AAA and Disney resort 2008 rates so we can compare all the deals...hopefully later this summer...we won't need the park tickets if we're getting the AP's, but I am wanting the dining package really bad!

Thanks for the tips though...I am not set on any one date in August. DF thinks it would be cool to be married 8/8/08. Guys are so funny like that!

We are considering a little later in August, but not too much later because I was trying to do this before school starts in the fall as my MOH and mom are both counselors in the schools. I wanted to make it as easy as possible for them. So we'll see.

I have AAA, but I called them already and unless something changes for 2008 (the AAA rates/specials aren't out yet) we figured we can do it cheaper without AAA, if we can get the free dining special...if they offer it around the same time next year. We are hoping to stay in a moderate resort. We will also be driving...which we love to do and saves us tons of $$, plus I can bring with me everything I need and then some!

Anxious to see the AAA and Disney resort 2008 rates so we can compare all the deals...hopefully later this summer...we won't need the park tickets if we're getting the AP's, but I am wanting the dining package really bad!

Thanks for the tips though...I am not set on any one date in August. DF thinks it would be cool to be married 8/8/08. Guys are so funny like that!

I think that would be a really cool date as well! Easy to remember (and if he picks it then there can be no 'oops im a guy and I forgot our anniversary' schpeel!). Haha... GL-- ill be looking forward to your planning journal!!:hug:

Love the TR, esp with all the photos. I'm fairly new to the boards. I actually got engaged at Boardwalk a year ago, but that ended up not going anywhere, and the engagement was broken (another story for another time). Anyway, I wanted to ask if you were going to continue the report with text and photos from your reception back home? I am anxiously awaiting the finale! popcorn::

Love the TR, esp with all the photos. I'm fairly new to the boards. I actually got engaged at Boardwalk a year ago, but that ended up not going anywhere, and the engagement was broken (another story for another time). Anyway, I wanted to ask if you were going to continue the report with text and photos from your reception back home? I am anxiously awaiting the finale! popcorn::

Sure-- ill try and get that together! Im so glad you enjoyed it! If I can help you with anything please let me know!

Maggie,

Maybe you can help me out..I am trying to figure out how to order our photo albums and prints from Randy. Did he give you instructions? We got our proofs but no instructions.

Maggie,

Maybe you can help me out..I am trying to figure out how to order our photo albums and prints from Randy. Did he give you instructions? We got our proofs but no instructions.

I dont know to be honest with you... but the best way to figure out the answer is probobly to just e-mail him.

randychapman@mindspring.com

He probobly just left out the little order form checklist. Did you get the big black leather bound album? Is that what you are trying to figure out what photos you want for? I would probobly email him and ask him what system he wants you to use. He usually gets back to you within a few days since he stays so busy. Good luck Malibelle!! And Congratulations!

Thanks for the tips though...I am not set on any one date in August. DF thinks it would be cool to be married 8/8/08. Guys are so funny like that![/quote]

I would try to have yourselves penciled in now ! We tried for 07/07/07, and all venues and times were booked by August of 2006. We wanted that as it was all sevens, but also, as in gambling "lucky 7's" and "jackpot". Anyway...we didn't get that date, but are getting married August 1st this year. I am dreading the heat in a dress and my DF in a tux, but it works best for guests with kids to travel before school starts !

Hi Maggie,

I loved reading about your wedding experience and it made me realize that I too can have the wedding of my dreams. I always thought that having a disney wedding was too much money, but I now see that this is not the case! My fiance and I live in Orlando and all of our family lives in NY and we would have about 100 guests!~! But now I see that it can be just me and my hunny, our parents and Mickey and Minnie and then we can go to NY for another celebration with the family!!! :)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for posting your beautiful photos!
You were a beautiful bride and you and your hunny look soo much in love!! Congratulations on your magical day~~~!!!!!
Suzanne

Hi Maggie,

I loved reading about your wedding experience and it made me realize that I too can have the wedding of my dreams. I always thought that having a disney wedding was too much money, but I now see that this is not the case! My fiance and I live in Orlando and all of our family lives in NY and we would have about 100 guests!~! But now I see that it can be just me and my hunny, our parents and Mickey and Minnie and then we can go to NY for another celebration with the family!!! :)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for posting your beautiful photos!
You were a beautiful bride and you and your hunny look soo much in love!! Congratulations on your magical day~~~!!!!!
Suzanne

Aww Suzanne that was so so sweet! :blush: You can absolutely do it! We chose to have ours the way we did because we both have large families-- and we also have members in them that are disfunctional and can make an event like that turn into something thats "all about them". It just worked out better this way. We actually talked about eloping just the two of us at one point-- but the more I looked into it-- the better it was that we had the wedding ceremony for memories and pictures to capture the event. Im really glad we did things the way we did. In years down the road I do want to have a big vow renewal with our entire family-- maybe in some exotic island somewhere-- or even possibly WDW. DH and I are both very young but with the great price tag that Disney puts on the intimate its really hard to pass it up! We both love Disney and let me tell you-- its the place dreams are made of! I cant remember if I put in here how much we spent... but it was like $2500 for the wedding and another $1000 for Mickey & Minnie.... then our lodging-- so not expensive at all. We did stay at a deluxe so it can be done even cheaper than what we paid. I know that the intimate/escape weddings are going up but still-- its very very affordable and the memories you have will remain with you forever. Even if you arent able to get married there-- consider honeymooning. Disney is just so magical and theres nothing like being right in the middle of it all during one of the most happiest times of your life. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and I hope that if I can ever help you with anything in the future that you would please please let me know! Best wishes my friend..:hug:

Maggie,

Do you have an upclose picture of your wedding cake? Is the icing ivory? I am wearing white, but thinking of using ivory as our accent color.

Maggie,

Do you have an upclose picture of your wedding cake? Is the icing ivory? I am wearing white, but thinking of using ivory as our accent color.

I have these two

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos453.jpg

ChapmanPhotographyPhotos457.jpg

I didnt specify my cake to be this way but this is how it turned out. Im very pleased with it... it not only looks great but tasted great! Hope this helps :) Let me know if you need anything else! Congrats!

Maggie,

Thank you so much!! I want a cake very similar to this one, but couldn't find a decent picture anywhere.

Maggie,

Thank you so much!! I want a cake very similar to this one, but couldn't find a decent picture anywhere.

im so glad i could help... im going to try and talk DH into taking me for our anniversary (or somewhere around that time)-- and ill probobly order a cake (smaller version) to have one night-- to commemorate the event-- then when we come home-- we can eat the anniversary layer! Oh no... thats a lot of cake- i better start sheading the unwanted lbs now! haha...

Glad I could help! :hug:

Your whole trip report is so wonderful. I hope I can look even half as good as you. You dress is goregous, and despite you not liking your hair and make up, you still look beautiful. I just recently booked Randy as our photographer also, and I'll be sure to tell him that I partly choose him from your reports.
Congrats! Maggie

You are so sweet.. thanks for saying such nice things. I love seeing other brides get excited about their upcoming weddings... because I was that bride once. Wow has time flown... Congratulations! Happy planning:hug:

ps. Randy is amazing:thumbsup2 !

Stumbled onto your thread here by accident and just wanted to say congrats! My wife and I got married three days before yall did. The pictures are awesome of your wedding and trip to the world. We did a pre-wedding trip to disney to relieve some of the planning stresses and then honeymooned in Jamaica. If we had more time (and more $$) we would have done the disney wedding but I cant imagine planning that (or hearing about planning it from my then fiance) from far away even with the help of a wedding planner.

Stumbled onto your thread here by accident and just wanted to say congrats! My wife and I got married three days before yall did. The pictures are awesome of your wedding and trip to the world. We did a pre-wedding trip to disney to relieve some of the planning stresses and then honeymooned in Jamaica. If we had more time (and more $$) we would have done the disney wedding but I cant imagine planning that (or hearing about planning it from my then fiance) from far away even with the help of a wedding planner.

Well Congrats to another November couple!! Thanks for being so sweet and I wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter