Maggie & Shanes Wedding TR- Nov 2006- Sea Breeze Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
November 14, 2006 Continued...:

So Randy and I head outside of the Wilderness Lodge to take photos (Have I mentioned yet how much I love Randy? Everyone just fell in love with him!).
Day362.jpg

We took SOO many photos at the Lodge! I am really eager to find out how they turned out. He took me on top of the overlook (as seen in this photo at the top right)
Day361.jpg

At this location I dirtied up my dress REALLY good. It was filthy on the lower part near my feet (luckily only in the back where the small train was!). He is so artistic- he took poses I would have never thought to take. Everyone passing by was making the sweetest comments! The little girls would wave and their eyes would get all big :earseek: as though I was a Disney Princess or something. I would wave back and it really warmed my heart to see the little kids. The adults were so nice as well. The lifeguard went out of his way to get off the stand and come and tell me how nice I looked (Its little things like that that make you forget about the horrible hair experience). Randy said goodbye to us because he needed to get on over to Sea Breeze Point and take some photos of Shane and Rev Jack Day before we got there. While in the lobby waiting all of the front desk workers were so nice and saying the nicest things. One of the ladies wanted to take someone photos of me and mom together before getting in the limo.
Day364.jpg

Day365.jpg

Then the Limo arrived and we got on in (my nerves kicked in more during this time than any other time in the day!)
Day368.jpg

We got to the Boardwalk and Randy met us right away and was taking photos ASAP. FYI: The walk from the front of Boardwalk once you get outside to SBP is a dirty walk. DEFINATELY PICK YOUR DRESS UP HIGH! I found out later that they told Shane that they pick up brides on the golf cart sometimes- but I ended up walking it (and my dress shows it). He took photos and we laughed. I was met there by Juliana Acosta (The sweetest lady!). My WC Tanis couldnt make it. I met my dad at the end of the walkway and the wedding began.
AndersonCertificate.jpg

It was perfect. I cannot recall a lot of details because it went by so fast. LOL.. I just kept noticing Shane had this eye booger in his eye that I told him he needed to get out earlier that morning when I saw him. It was somewhat of a comic relief for me. We both smiled and it was very cute. SBP didnt seem loud to me during the ceremony- but once we got back home and watched the video tape that we took, the boats were very loud. I didn't notice at the time but we had a huge audience by the end of the ceremony. Once we kissed and turned away, there was a huge clap and there was like 20 people standing behind the gazebo clapping. After all was said and done Rev. Jack toasted to us, Randy took a few shots, Mickey and Minnie came, more photos, etc. Mickey and Minnie only seemed to be there for what seemed like 15 minutes. There is no way they could have been there for 30. They gave us our gift, did a little dancing, took some photos and were gone as quick as they came!
In my opinion, if you are hiring Mickey and Minnie there for the experience, it wasn't worth it. Im sure it will be worth it for the photos though. They were very active and very nice- but $1100 for 30minutes is a lot.
My parents left because we still had a long time to take photos so they had the limo take them back to the hotel to change clothes and go on to the parks (this was their last day). Shane and I decided to take time (like others said) and atleast take a bite of the cake. It was soo good!! My parents had taken the rest of the cake back with them so we didnt have to carry it back on our own. Randy then left and went on over to the Grand Floridian to take some more photos. We waited on the limo for about 30 minutes to come back and get us. Juliana even had to call her office and get the limo's number to check on him. He had taken my parents back over 30 minutes earlier so he had been gone for an hour or so. We stood there and talked to Juliana for a while, so sweet! We were worried that once we finally did get to the GF that Randy would have given up on us. We were wrong! Randy always pulls through!! There he was. We took some more photos, and said goodbye. At the end of our meeting with Randy I mentioned how wonderful I thought he was and was so glad that I found this board or else I would have never heard of him. He had never heard of this board and didn't know that he was such a demand here. He started blushing and was really appreciative of this. After I got home I had an e-mail from Randy asking me to keep his name alive because that is what keeps him in business. I already know I dont need to do this because his work in itself keeps him going. Hes great, and Im not just saying so (And no, he doesnt read this board!).
Day374.jpg

On the way back to the hotel we took a couple photos.
Day375.jpg

We decided to wear the shirts I had made..
Day377.jpg

.. and head on out to meet my folks at MK.
Day378.jpg

Day382.jpg

Day380.jpg

To be continued... (More to come about dinner at O'hanas, and our YOMD's Dream!!)

I LOVE your TR! I have a questions... where did you find the design for your t-shirts? I love it on the white shirts! If you have the link to the thread that would be great or if you have the file you could send to me that would be wonderful too! Thanks!:thumbsup2

I LOVE your TR! I have a questions... where did you find the design for your t-shirts? I love it on the white shirts! If you have the link to the thread that would be great or if you have the file you could send to me that would be wonderful too! Thanks!:thumbsup2

Thanks im glad you enjoyed it. The shirts were actually at one time on disneyshopping.com. So many of us brides got them. You could customize what they said (3 lines) and have a whatever logo you picked on there. They were at one time 9.99 and had them on sale for a while at 7.99 (I got mine at this price). However ive since learned that we were some of the last to get them and they discontinued the personalized shirts soon after.

At this point Disney seems to be endorsing Zazzle.com for their 'create your own' tee's. You might be able to find a great design here! Im sorry though that I cant get you to the ones we purchased.

Hope this helps some! (this is the closest they have to that now)
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp...&productId=1192537&langId=-1&categoryId=11875

Congratulations and Happy Planning!!

:thumbsup2 I just found your TR- cant wait to read on! Ill be back later to check it all out!

Hi Maggie - just finished reading your TR start to finish!

First of all, let me say that I am not a future bride (married 11 years and counting), but this TR has to be the best TR for those brides planning their WDW wedding. What makes it so great is that you provide such helpful information on one vendor that you are over-the-moon about as well as one that you were disappointed in.

Your comments are so helpful because they are specific and factual as to why you liked/disliked each and allow the reader to draw their own conclusions. (Which BTW, I most certainly agree with your concerns about your hair/makeup person. Maybe they weren't given specific detail about makeup, but with hair, clearly that did not match at all what you asked for. Regardless, YOU looked amazing!!!:goodvibes )

Also, while again I was not reading this TR for myself, I think that it would be very helpful for future brides to know how much these weddings cost and so far yours was the only wedding TR that this information was posted.

Congrats again on your wedding and all the best!:)

Hi Maggie - just finished reading your TR start to finish!

First of all, let me say that I am not a future bride (married 11 years and counting), but this TR has to be the best TR for those brides planning their WDW wedding. What makes it so great is that you provide such helpful information on one vendor that you are over-the-moon about as well as one that you were disappointed in.

Your comments are so helpful because they are specific and factual as to why you liked/disliked each and allow the reader to draw their own conclusions. (Which BTW, I most certainly agree with your concerns about your hair/makeup person. Maybe they weren't given specific detail about makeup, but with hair, clearly that did not match at all what you asked for. Regardless, YOU looked amazing!!!:goodvibes )

Also, while again I was not reading this TR for myself, I think that it would be very helpful for future brides to know how much these weddings cost and so far yours was the only wedding TR that this information was posted.

Congrats again on your wedding and all the best!:)

I apprecaite all of your honesty and kind words. Im glad you understand about my hair and make-up. I went with the person who was raved about most at the time... and felt a little empty once my experience was over. I wish I had went with another now that I see that the shine and spark off of my old vendor has worn off.

Thats so sweet of you to say that the TR will be helpful. I was hoping to do both-- relive my experience and help other brides. Im a visual person so seeing SBP in photos was something I really looked for before my wedding. I tried to include everything I could. People think of a Disney wedding and automatically tell themselves that they cant afford it.... but its a lot less expensive as some think!

Thank you for reading along-- it means a lot to me to see this old TR get pulled up every now and again by a new reader:hug: Thanks so much!!

Maggie, I have read this from start to finish again because it was a brilliant TR. I remember last year when you posted this and I was so excited to read it. I loved going back and revisiting this. I totally forgot about the extra pixie dust you received on the boat watching the pageant, how amazing.:goodvibes You were such a beautiful bride and your photos were stunning, I made Steven sit through all your pics:rolleyes: Reading the bit about your parents leaving and getting upset, it makes me wonder how I'll be when my mom leaves after the week :confused3
I still love your bouquet, it's a gorgeous color. You looked fantastic Maggie:hug: and I'm sure this TR has helped loads of upcoming brides.

Maggie, I have read this from start to finish again because it was a brilliant TR. I remember last year when you posted this and I was so excited to read it. I loved going back and revisiting this. I totally forgot about the extra pixie dust you received on the boat watching the pageant, how amazing.:goodvibes You were such a beautiful bride and your photos were stunning, I made Steven sit through all your pics:rolleyes: Reading the bit about your parents leaving and getting upset, it makes me wonder how I'll be when my mom leaves after the week :confused3
I still love your bouquet, it's a gorgeous color. You looked fantastic Maggie:hug: and I'm sure this TR has helped loads of upcoming brides.

Summer, youve always been so overly kind to me:cheer2: . Thanks for everything. Your time is nearing soon! I know you and Steven are getting excited. I cant wait to hear all about that cruise (im so jealous!). Thanks for being so sweet....:hug:

:woohoo: and it resurfaces again:banana: :banana:

haha I know Summer. Im always like "wow" when I get on here and see it. :cheer2:

Thank-you Dreamer24.... it was truly Magical for us. I cant wait until our next opportunity to go back and revisit. Having been married there, Im sure there will be a lot of memories that resurraface. Thanks so much :hug:

I've never seen all of this, have just read through the whole TR. I love your dress and the pictures are lovely. Awwwh happy memories! :goodvibes

Wow! I truly enjoyed reading your TR. I'm so glad you posted a link to it! You made a beautiful bride!!!!!
You’re coming up on your one year anniversary!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Wow! I truly enjoyed reading your TR. I'm so glad you posted a link to it! You made a beautiful bride!!!!!
You’re coming up on your one year anniversary!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Thanks! Its only a week away! Its so hard to believe its been a year. I feel like just yesterday I wrote this TR. Congrats to all the upcoming brides! It all goes by so fast!

Maggie- 1 year anniversary, congrats! Are you doing anything special?

Maggie- 1 year anniversary, congrats! Are you doing anything special?

Hey Daniella! Yeah we are taking a cruise the first of December. You might remember me saying that. We are pretty excited. Hope you and phil are well!

Happy first anniversary! I can't believe it's already been a year; I was reminded me when I saw your report back up on the first page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter