Magic Bands 101

Did you book a package with the Dining Plan or did you book room-only with separate tickets?

You do not have to check-in nor wait for your luggage if you have room-only and tickets. For a package, you'd have to check-in to activate everything, otherwise, you could get stuck at Guest Services to activate your tickets.

Room only, actually DVC. We have APs. I was thinking we didn't have to, but wanted to find out if anyone else had experience with this. THANKS!!!

Here is my question...we are going to Disney and staying on Disney property. There are 4 of us. Our niece will be joining us for all the days in the park but she is not staying with us as she just moved to Orlando. How do we make our fast pass selections so that all 5 of us get them together? Can I do that at the hotel when we check in or will I have to wait until all of us are together in the park each day? Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

So if I am bringing my 1 year old and staying on Disney property does he need a magic band for anything. I know he gets into the park for free but does he need a band either way?

So if I am bringing my 1 year old and staying on Disney property does he need a magic band for anything. I know he gets into the park for free but does he need a band either way?

No, he will not need a band for anything. We brought my DD when she was that age and she wanted to wear the bracelet because we were wearing them. I believe you can use it to open the door to the resort room, but nothing else.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sorry if this is a silly question but next trip will be my first using magic bands and memory maker.

I read that You can usea the bands for the memory maker. So my question is, why did Disney sent me a card? Do I still have to use the card even I'll be staying onsite?
Sorry but I'm soooo:confused3

Sorry if this is a silly question but next trip will be my first using magic bands and memory maker.

I read that You can use the bands for the memory maker. So my question is, why did Disney sent me a card? Do I still have to use the card even I'll be staying onsite?
Sorry but I'm soooo:confused3

Because not everyone who buys Memory Maker is staying on site, and therefore won't have a Magic Band.

ok this may have been asked before but I'm not sure lol

but is it true that you can link your debit/credit card to your magic band? instead of using reservation account to charge stuff? a friend told me she thought it was able that upon arrival you let them scan your card and they link it and give you a pin?

correct?!

ok this may have been asked before but I'm not sure lol but is it true that you can link your debit/credit card to your magic band? instead of using reservation account to charge stuff? a friend told me she thought it was able that upon arrival you let them scan your card and they link it and give you a pin? correct?!

No, not correct. You can only use your MagicBand for purchases if you are staying at an onsite resort. Your charges go to your room account billing and from there, the total is then applied to your credit card. You do need a pin code to charge to your room - it's for safety reasons in case you lost your MB and another guest attempted to purchase items using your MB.

No, not correct. You can only use your MagicBand for purchases if you are staying at an onsite resort. Your charges go to your room account billing and from there, the total is then applied to your credit card. You do need a pin code to charge to your room - it's for safety reasons in case you lost your MB and another guest attempted to purchase items using your MB.

ok just to clarify for both of us i actually called disney haha when in doubt XD and they told me that when your checking in tell them you want your debit card linked to a specific band and they will scan it and link it for you. it as to be asked to do so upon arrival though!

Im so excited to know thats its able to link to a debit card! will save a lot of time not having to dig for stuff with these bands!!:mickeyjum

ok just to clarify for both of us i actually called disney haha when in doubt XD and they told me that when your checking in tell them you want your debit card linked to a specific band and they will scan it and link it for you. it as to be asked to do so upon arrival though! Im so excited to know thats its able to link to a debit card! will save a lot of time not having to dig for stuff with these bands!!:mickeyjum

Well, the debit card gets linked to your room account. So, everything charged on your MB goes to your room bill and then your debit card is used to pay off your balance.

ok this may have been asked before but I'm not sure lol

but is it true that you can link your debit/credit card to your magic band? instead of using reservation account to charge stuff? a friend told me she thought it was able that upon arrival you let them scan your card and they link it and give you a pin?

correct?!

ok just to clarify for both of us i actually called disney haha when in doubt XD and they told me that when your checking in tell them you want your debit card linked to a specific band and they will scan it and link it for you. it as to be asked to do so upon arrival though!

Im so excited to know thats its able to link to a debit card! will save a lot of time not having to dig for stuff with these bands!!:mickeyjum

You put your debit card on your onsite hotel account, and then the charges will go to the debit card.

The way you asked your first question made it sound like you didn't have an onsite hotel reservation. You *have to* have a hotel reservation to charge to your MB.

And you can put the debit card onto the account. Which is what the MB will charge to.

Your Magic Band is linked to your profile on MDE (also known as MDX). There is no information stored on the bands themselves. You can manage your own profile, as well as that of any family/friends you have. (Any Family & Friends members that manage their own account can be linked to yours.) Any reservations that are on your MDE/MDX profile will be accessible by your Magic Band. If you have more than one upcoming resort stay you will get a MB for each one, but all will work for all of the reservations because they are tied to your MDE/MDX profile.
I just checked this morning and all the people's bands linked to my reservations (who have their own MDX accounts) are not showing up. When I try to link them, it says they are attached to another account. Will they still work with all the plans I have in my account even though they are not showing up or do I need to link them?
Also, when I look in my MDX it says my band is not active. Do I need to activate it now or wait until I arrive?

Good Morning,
I may have missed this somewhere in this thread but I am going to be renting DVC and purchasing tickets from a third party. when I purchase them, they are shipped as cards and not the magic bands. My question is, How do I get the magic bands? do I just link my cards on My Disney Experience and the bands will be shipped to me?

Thank you!

Good Morning, I may have missed this somewhere in this thread but I am going to be renting DVC and purchasing tickets from a third party. when I purchase them, they are shipped as cards and not the magic bands. My question is, How do I get the magic bands? do I just link my cards on My Disney Experience and the bands will be shipped to me? Thank you!

You can buy magic bands in the parks, and possibly also at your resort.

My DS is 2, so he will not need to purchase a park ticket for our upcoming trip. Does he still get a Magic Band? If not, how do we get FP times to include him? TIA! :confused3

My DS is 2, so he will not need to purchase a park ticket for our upcoming trip. Does he still get a Magic Band? If not, how do we get FP times to include him? TIA! :confused3
If you booked a package yes, he gets a magic band. However, since he doesn't have a ticket, you won't need to book FP for him (you won't even be able to, in fact, since FP requires a ticket on file to book). You can just take him with you on the ride.

DisneyLeGrand said:
Good Morning,
I may have missed this somewhere in this thread but I am going to be renting DVC and purchasing tickets from a third party. when I purchase them, they are shipped as cards and not the magic bands. My question is, How do I get the magic bands? do I just link my cards on My Disney Experience and the bands will be shipped to me?

Thank you!

Staying on property entitles you to get Magic Bands; you don't need to buy them. I don't know how it works when you rent DVC points, though. And just to clarify, your tickets aren't on your Magic Band; nothing is on your Magic Band. It's just a way to access what's on your MDE account.

Good Morning,

Thank you!

I rented some of my DVC points to some friends this summer and they got their customized MagicBands in the mail a few weeks before arrival with no problems.

If you booked a package yes, he gets a magic band. However, since he doesn't have a ticket, you won't need to book FP for him (you won't even be able to, in fact, since FP requires a ticket on file to book). You can just take him with you on the ride.

Thank You! That makes sense! :-)

For charging to the magic bands, you can put different credit/debit cards on each band. We did this in December 2013, since we had 3 adults, each with their own card, in one room. We didn't have any problem with charges not working correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter