Magic Bands 101

If, after getting the MBs, we change our FP+ times, will the MBs sync automatically? What if I add Photo Pass after I get the bands?

Thanks.

If, after getting the MBs, we change our FP+ times, will the MBs sync automatically? What if I add Photo Pass after I get the bands? Thanks.

We made FP changes when at Disney during our week and everything was updated on our MBs. I would imagine too that pictures would get added (but if you purchase MM, I think it takes 3 days to apply...no?)
It's all attached to your MDE account so if you see it online, it would be on your MB.

If, after getting the MBs, we change our FP+ times, will the MBs sync automatically? What if I add Photo Pass after I get the bands?

Thanks.

Nothing is on the bands; the bands are just a way to access what's on your MDE account. If something is on your MDE account, your Magic Bands will be able to access it.

So I have a question and I apologize if it's been answered before.

I am staying onsite, I've got a package with a dining plan and my question is, if I eat at any given quick service restaurant does the system know enough to burn my dining plan credits instead of charging me by itself, or do I need to ask to use the credits specifically?

Thanks!

So I have a question and I apologize if it's been answered before.

I am staying onsite, I've got a package with a dining plan and my question is, if I eat at any given quick service restaurant does the system know enough to burn my dining plan credits instead of charging me by itself, or do I need to ask to use the credits specifically?

Thanks!

I would think you always have to tell them before they ring you up, how exactly you want to pay. I mean, that was true before Magic Bands as well. I'm sure they have to press a different button on the cash register (do they still call em that?) based on how you're paying.

Because, just as with the Key to the World card, you have the option of having your credit/debit card tied to your account when you pay things, you have to tell who is ringing you up if you a. Are Using a Dining Credit b. Charging to your Room c. Using your Credit/Debit Card on file.

Otherwise, how would they know? Same with snack credits, if you have those - you tell them you're using a snack credit. You can't just wave your Magic Band in front of them and expect them to magically know what your intentions are after all - the Disney Magic is powerful but they haven't conquered mind reading yet!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, there are so many posts and the search didn't find anything for this question.

So I have 3 Magic Bands assigned for each ticket for A, E, and M. I also have 2 coming for a resort reservation for A and E. M will not be part of this trip. My friend (P) is coming for a day or two, so could I hand M's band to P and use the fast passes assigned to M? If I hand M's band or the resort bands for A and E to P, will they be linked to my memory maker?

Can anyone provide me with the number to call regarding my magic bands. Im traveling with three other families, all have received their magic bands and my family hasn't even received an email with a shipping confirmation, let along the magic bands! Thanks!

When we show up with our Magic Bands for the first time (tickets are already associated with the bands online), do I need to go to any booth to "activate" them? Or can I just head right in through the turnstyles?

No, sorry. Once a MB is linked to an MDE profile, it cannot be changed.

Is this still true? I'm assuming it is but will explain anyway. :)

Apparently I either hit a fluke time or did something wrong, and instead of putting in a birthdate for DS I put an age. So he was continuing to show as 8 after he was 9. I think it was in January that I put in a new DS and this time used a birthdate. So his age will change appropriately.

I linked our hotel stay to "that" son. So this MB, should it ever ship, will be on "that" son's account.

Alas, all the others are on the "other" son's profile. (no one but me has an actual account, they are all just names on my MDE account)

So that means he won't be able to use those others MBs, doesn't it?

Maybe I could call and have them switch the son on this reservation to the other one?

(memories of our first WDW DCV booking, where CMs kept adding sons to my account with variations of his name...by the time we were there we had 8 actual people and 10 names on the room, 3 of which were my ONE kid, and it didn't appear to be a problem that we were over room capacity in the system, which was odd)

Yes, different last names. At least, that was the impression I got. I'm not sure what else it could've been. My partner and I kept our own last names and our kids' name is a hyphenated version of that. Why in the world the system would care is another story. But, yeah kudos to that IT CM. She was easily the friendliest and most helpful CM I've spoken with (and they're all friendly, of course, but she was great).

I knew there was a reason I was so taken by your initial post. It's hit us. (same name situation as your family)

Booked two nights (separately) through hotels.com, with whom we have NEVER had this problem before, and the steps for adding the reservations to MDE were different than they were January of this year, and now both sets of MBs are stuck.

Did anyone ever figure out a direct number to call?

Sigh.

When we show up with our Magic Bands for the first time (tickets are already associated with the bands online), do I need to go to any booth to "activate" them? Or can I just head right in through the turnstyles?

I have this question too. Must we check in at the resort first or can we use the magic bands right away? Anyone? :santa: TIA

I have this question too. Must we check in at the resort first or can we use the magic bands right away? Anyone? :santa: TIA

As long as you have tickets linked, you should be able to go to straight to a park. However, if you are using the DDP, it must be activated at the resort.

I booked online through the dvc site and purchased park tickets at the link they provided. Do you know if they will send me bands or hard tickets? Should I call dvc to ensure this? I really liked having my card key with hotel, park etc all on there. I thought the band replaced that and would be the item sent. Anyone know?

I booked online through the dvc site and purchased park tickets at the link they provided. Do you know if they will send me bands or hard tickets? Should I call dvc to ensure this? I really liked having my card key with hotel, park etc all on there. I thought the band replaced that and would be the item sent. Anyone know?

You need to log in to MDE and link your reservation and tickets....or check to be sure they are linked. You then need to go Magicbands and Cards and confirm you shipping address and customize your bands. They will be mailed to you around 28-30 days before your trip.

Thank you so much. I just handled it online using your instructions. Yeah!

I am REALLY behind on my trip planning for many reasons and we depart 12/28. Just looked at customizing our magic bands and it shows that we can. I am concerned about getting them though, with the holiday…should I? I don't see an option for picking them up at the resort as I look at the customization…so do I just NOT customize and get the grey ones at check-in? Or should I chance it?
THANKS

I am REALLY behind on my trip planning for many reasons and we depart 12/28. Just looked at customizing our magic bands and it shows that we can. I am concerned about getting them though, with the holiday…should I? I don't see an option for picking them up at the resort as I look at the customization…so do I just NOT customize and get the grey ones at check-in? Or should I chance it?
THANKS

Since people who live outside the US can't get the bands sent to them but can still customize them and just pick them up at their resort, I would assume that the same would apply for people who booked too late (or in your case, waited too late) to have them sent before they arrive.

That's what I prefer, actually…but I don't see it as an option when I go to customize…just wondering if anyone knows…when I click that I am done customizing will I be told I can pick them up at the resort, or will it automatically ship them?

That's what I prefer, actually…but I don't see it as an option when I go to customize…just wondering if anyone knows…when I click that I am done customizing will I be told I can pick them up at the resort, or will it automatically ship them?

You have to both customize AND verify the address to get them to ship, so I wonder if you just customize but do not verify, if they will be waiting for you.

Well, that was simple. Called the main number, explained, was put on hold, she came back, said I had to talk to the support people, transferred me. I immediately got a very nice CM who was able to "reach out" to the people who could get the orders moving for me again.

He also merged my son's "accounts". My son was listed twice because of an error made over a year ago that was compounded with creating a new account for him instead of just editing the first one. (I'd put just his age before, and I should have edited it to give his birthdate, so his account would age with him)

This was causing a problem because his other magicbands are on the younger-kid account, and the new reservations would be under the new account. So all of those old MBs we have saved in our Owner's Locker wouldn't be able to be used along with the new account MBs.

The CM said that they were given the ability to merge accounts a few months ago, after they realized that this sort of thing is one of the biggest reasons people call. Yay for them!

He now just has the one account and the MBs should get moving soon. I sure hope so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter