Magic Christmas Cruise 2010 (Dec 18th - 29th) - PART II

Just in case you guys haven't noticed we have stopped for the night. We drove about 6 hours today and made it to Effingham, IL. After the mid-night movie and only 3 hours of sleep, I am wiped out. Can't wait to be in FL tomorrow.

HEADS UP bigAWL(Aaron)! I haven't seen you post recently but hopefully you are reading(if not then Joann should see this). We are coming up on 250 pages and I think that is where we will have to start a new thread. I was hoping that since you started this one and since you have all that great information on the first post you might start part 3. Thanks so much!

I've been looking at pictures of how people have decorated their doors. They all look so cute! But now I want one of those Fish Extenders but have no idea what they are even used for. What do you put in them? I must have one! LOL :rotfl2:

Does anyone have instructions for making one?

The fish extenders are so people can put little gifts in them for you, or for notes to each other, or just for fun. I can send you the set of directions I use when I make them, but many people just wing it and make some very imaginative ones!
Also, remember when you decorate your door or your stateroom ABSOLUTELY NO TAPE!!!! Magnets only on the doors!:lovestruc:lovestruc

These are the people I have done for requesting buttons. Anyone needing different quantities or anyone else wanting one please PM me. Also, if you want to include your cabin # I can drop with FE gifts in case we don't meet up (highly unlikely though! :lmao:)

name # Princess # Prince
jgura 1 1
momssurprise 1
miatamel 1
DVC4US 1
Lyrah 1
BBQMommy 1
mickey squared 1
mndisfam 1 1
3princessMommy 1
Disney Rocks 1
tinkmischief 1
Liz Arjay 1 1
itutorfortravel 2
pennymike 1
STLUCIELADY 2
IceSk8tersMom 1
VA Girl 1 1
StJohnfamily 1 1
BigHugsForEeyore 2
Meemous 1
CrusinLattas 1 1
Dagny 1
Hmorale 2 1
skypixy 1

May I please have one too? stateroom 6654 Thanks

Lois - Hoping your Mom is doing better :sick:

I am pooped. Helped get about 110 of 124 crafters checked in and settled at a craft show my womens club is sponsoring. I wasn;t even scheduled today, but pulled 6 hrs ... :rolleyes1ut,
:yay::yay::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::banana::banana::yay::yay:
I'm dancin'! I'm dancin! I'm dancin!
:goodvibes
Caryn

I wish I was there at the craft show!

Ok three at sea- It took me a while to figure out how to post pics...here it is.

Go to photobucket which is a separate website. Upload the pics that you want. Open a second window for disboards. Go to photobucket and double click on the picture that you want to upload. It will give you numerous options of how it is configured. I double clicked on "IMG" which "saved" it and then "pasted" to my post on disboards. Then repeated for second picture. Hope that helps.

I am meeting mndisfam tomorrow at the mall. I can't wait to meet a DISer! Perhaps she can help me find some formal clothes to fit my "new" 46 year old body.

Have fun to all seeing HP this weekend. I will have to wait until next weekend.

Angie-
BTW, I got my docs today! :cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay:

Just in case you guys haven't noticed we have stopped for the night. We drove about 6 hours today and made it to Effingham, IL. After the mid-night movie and only 3 hours of sleep, I am wiped out. Can't wait to be in FL tomorrow.

Are you driving all the way from CA?

For those of you who know the Orlando December weather: we are going to Magic Kingdom on the 17'th during the day. Would you wear long or short sleeves? I'm having shirts made soon. Thank you!

Ok...gonna' give this a try: Want to share couple pix of DH and I on previous cruises. Wish me luck!

232323232fp998vq3234455879WSNRCG3339664833-vq0mrj.jpg

In front of the Magic at Castaway Cay last Xmas. I was dressed to do the 5K, but got into the dock WAY too late due to high winds.

232323232fp99vq3234455879WSNRCG3339652533-vq0mrj.jpg

Pirate Night with Capt Jack

232323232fp9-9vq3234455879WSNRCG333683667333-vq0mrj.jpg

Sail away party in Port Canaveral....Xmas '09...a little chilly!

DSC03201.jpg

With our fave CM: Shawn :) He makes the BESTEST dirty gin martinis with bleu cheese stuffed olives.

DSC02263.jpg

Med Cruise Aug 7, 2010: In port in Barcelona.....a bit jet lagged!

DSC02916.jpg

Minnie doesn't USUALLY show up at Palo, but we had great timing to have her pass by with her 'handler' just as we were leaving. She came in and her handler took our photo :)

Well....some REALLY Little, some REALLY big....what can I say.... :)

The fish extenders are so people can put little gifts in them for you, or for notes to each other, or just for fun. I can send you the set of directions I use when I make them, but many people just wing it and make some very imaginative ones!
Also, remember when you decorate your door or your stateroom ABSOLUTELY NO TAPE!!!! Magnets only on the doors!:lovestruc:lovestruc

Thank you so much for the info! I would love a set of directions. While I own my own bakery and can decorate a 6 tiered wedding cake when it comes to crafty stuff I am a dud. lol

I have a whole set of magnets already made and will probably make more before we take off. When I saw the stateroom ears I just knew I had to have some.

HEADS UP bigAWL(Aaron)! I haven't seen you post recently but hopefully you are reading(if not then Joann should see this). We are coming up on 250 pages and I think that is where we will have to start a new thread. I was hoping that since you started this one and since you have all that great information on the first post you might start part 3. Thanks so much!

Will make sure DH gets this moving. Since by the end of the weekend, you all will undoubtedly be hitting 250!:scared1:

One more question for today-

Does the Magic always have the Villians Tonight show? My 5 year old daughter would love this so much.

She isn't a big fan of the Princesses but she loves the villains, especially Malecifent. Instead of bringing princess dress to wear on the ship we had an "evil princess" dress made for her. It is the cutest thing ever and I would love her to be able to wear it to the show! She is really looking forward to meeting Aurora while dressed as Malecifent's evil but oh-so cute minion. :goodvibes:

As Angie mentioned - we are meeting at the mall today. i, too, am excited Angie! Maybe we have met before. I have driven by her office 100s of times - remember when they built it and put up the sign. (OK - not a lot happens to me sometimes.) Now I know what online dating people get excited about - except there are no worries!

Lastly, to the people surprising yr kids. I know this won't happen to you, bcs you are raising proper, well brought up DISers. There are all these clips on the internet with people surprising their kids with a Disney trip. It always makes me tear up. There is now the funniest one that has gone viral. The Mom and maybe Aunt/GM tell 3 cute kids at the airport I think - We are going to Disney Baby! The kid in the middle - about 8 - starts crying really bad..."DisneyWorld - we wanted to go to Dick's house." The teen in the hoodie just looks sullen and mad and says "I wanted to go to Dicks house." The the cutest 4 yr old girl starts bawling - I wanted to go to Dick's house.

So as Jay Leno or someone said - WOW - what do they have at Dicks house? Its easy to find if you google - very funny.

Are you driving all the way from CA?

We live in Iowa so we are driving from there(I haved lived in CA before). It's about a 17 hour drive so I usually split it into 2 days since I'm the only driver. I would definitely have to fly if I lived in CA - I've done that drive before too!

Will make sure DH gets this moving. Since by the end of the weekend, you all will undoubtedly be hitting 250!:scared1:

Ok, I'm 35 pages behind in reading this thread (that was only 5 days ago!). But DW tells me that we're about to run out of space.

So...................

Announcing the Magic Christmas Cruise 2010 cruise meet thread... Part III...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2600594

Thanks Joann and Aaron! You guys are awesome!

I say we post on this thread until we reach page 250, then someone post the link to part three. You guys will probably reach that while I am traveling today. At some point after page 250 a moderator will close the thread.

As Angie mentioned - we are meeting at the mall today. i, too, am excited Angie! Maybe we have met before. I have driven by her office 100s of times - remember when they built it and put up the sign. (OK - not a lot happens to me sometimes.) Now I know what online dating people get excited about - except there are no worries!

Lastly, to the people surprising yr kids. I know this won't happen to you, bcs you are raising proper, well brought up DISers. There are all these clips on the internet with people surprising their kids with a Disney trip. It always makes me tear up. There is now the funniest one that has gone viral. The Mom and maybe Aunt/GM tell 3 cute kids at the airport I think - We are going to Disney Baby! The kid in the middle - about 8 - starts crying really bad..."DisneyWorld - we wanted to go to Dick's house." The teen in the hoodie just looks sullen and mad and says "I wanted to go to Dicks house." The the cutest 4 yr old girl starts bawling - I wanted to go to Dick's house.

So as Jay Leno or someone said - WOW - what do they have at Dicks house? Its easy to find if you google - very funny.

A meet - how exciting!:banana::dance3: :dance3: Are you guys going to MOA? We love MOA but haven't been in a while. You guys have a great time!

Okay, I have to get off here and get on the road.

Everyone have a great day/evening and I will check back in tonight!

Kathleen and I are not meeting at the MOA (Mall of America) today. Neither of us live far from that mall, but we are meeting in a more "normal" mall. Can't wait to meet. Hope she recognizes me- perhaps if no one approaches me within 5 minutes of our meeting time, I will break out in It's a Small World song or better yet sound the Disney Magic horn sound! :rotfl2:

pennymike- love the pics. Can you enlarge the first few for my old eyes?

I can't remember who asked about weather on Dec. 17th. I have been to DisneyWorld in December and had both kinds of weather. One year was glad to have my Minnesota coat and mittens, another year sweltering 80 degrees and humid. If I were making a t-shirt I would make it short sleeved. Then if weather cold you can all put a long sleeve plain shirt underneath and still be able to see the shirt :thumbsup2 Hope that helps.

Angie

Kathleen and I are not meeting at the MOA (Mall of America) today. Neither of us live far from that mall, but we are meeting in a more "normal" mall. Can't wait to meet. Hope she recognizes me- perhaps if no one approaches me within 5 minutes of our meeting time, I will break out in It's a Small World song or better yet sound the Disney Magic horn sound! :rotfl2:

pennymike- love the pics. Can you enlarge the first few for my old eyes?

I can't remember who asked about weather on Dec. 17th. I have been to DisneyWorld in December and had both kinds of weather. One year was glad to have my Minnesota coat and mittens, another year sweltering 80 degrees and humid. If I were making a t-shirt I would make it short sleeved. Then if weather cold you can all put a long sleeve plain shirt underneath and still be able to see the shirt :thumbsup2 Hope that helps.

Angie

Thanks! I wish I knew how to enlarge them....I did the exact same procedure (that someone posted a page or 2 ago) to upload them from my iphoto to photobucket and then to here......I don't know why some came up so teeny. Anyone have any idea????? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter