Magic Christmas Cruise 2010 (Dec 18th - 29th) - PART II

bigAWL

DIS Veteran
DCLCruiseLogo.jpg

If you will be sailing on the 2010 11-Night Southern Caribbean Holiday Cruise on the Disney Magic from Dec 18-29, then please post here and meet all the other DISers who will celebrate Christmas with the Mouse!

Cruise Itinerary (with unofficial/unconfirmed theme nights highlighted)
Sat, Dec 18: Port Canaveral ....... (All aboard @ 4:00 p.m.)- Let the Magic Begin
Sun, Dec 19: At Sea ....................................... - Formal Night :groom: (Twice Charmed)
Mon, Dec 20: At Sea
Tue, Dec 21: St. Maarten .......... (7:45 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.)
Wed, Dec 22: Guadeloupe ........... (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Thu, Dec 23: Barbados ............. (7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.) - Pirate Night pirate:
Fri, Dec 24: Martinique ........... (7:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
Sat, Dec 25: At Sea - Christmas Day :santa:..................... - Formal Night :groom:
Sun, Dec 26: St. Thomas/St. John .. (7:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.)
Mon, Dec 27: At Sea ....................................... - Semi-formal Night :groom: (Disney Dreams)
Tue, Dec 28: Castaway Cay ......... (9:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) - Till We Meet Again: A Final Farewell
Wed, Dec 29: Port Canaveral ....... (Disembarkation)

Other Schedule Notes:
- The three restaurants should have their specialty menus on Dec 20-22. Lumiere's will have the French Dinner menu. Parrot Cay will have the Island Dinner menu. And whichever night you are in Animator's Palate during these three nights is when you would see the "Show Dinner."
- I'm not sure where they will put the Villains Tonight! show. I'm guessing either Dec 24, 25, or 26. I can see them not wanting to do it on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, but I'm not sure they would do in the 26th, because I'm assuming Disney Dreams will be on the 27th. Would they do two major productions back-to-back? I guess they could do it on Dec 21 or 22.

Calling all teens! Follow this link to the official Teen Meet thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562840

Organized DIS Meets and Activities
  • Pre Cruise Meet (WDW): bigAWL (that's me) will be happy to arrange a time and place for anyone interested in meeting on WDW property prior to the cruise. Please post here or PM me if you are interested.
  • Pre Cruise Meet (Hyatt): A pre-cruise meet will be held in the lobby lounge from 7-9pm on the 17th. Stop by and meet some of your DIS friends.
  • Onboard Teen Cruise Meet:For kids wanting to meet other kids. Meet on the starboard side of Deck 10 above the Goofy Pool (starboard side) on Embarkation Day at 2pm.
  • Onboard Kids Cruise Meet:For kids wanting to meet other kids. Meet at the Mickey Pool (starboard side) on Embarkation Day at 3pm. Have a Mickey ice cream bar or soft serve, and maybe a dip in the pool. All are welcome - the big kids (adults) can start meeting, too.
  • Onboard Cruise Meet: 3princessMommy & DVC4US are organizing an on board cruise meet inviting all DISers. Tentatively set for the first day at sea, Sunday Dec 19, at 2pm (location to be determined). The plan is to combine this with the Ornament Exchange (see below) which is optional.
  • Ornament Exchange: Anyone interested in participating in the ornament exchange should bring one wrapped ornament to the Cruise Meet. The ornaments should not cost more than $20, and if possible, they should reflect where you are from, Disney, or just something that tells us about you. We will take turns unwrapping or exchanging them à la a "white elephant" gift exchange.
  • Fish Extenders: tinkmischief has volunteered to keep the official list of those interested in participating in the Fish Extender exchange. As of Nov 1, the FE list is officially closed. As soon as the details about groups is worked out, I'll post them here.
  • Secret Mickey Gift Exchange: Please send a PM to Disney Rocks if you would like to participate or if you have any questions. She'll need your name, state room number, age (if participant is a child), favorite Disney character, and any other interests which would help your Secret Mickey find something appropriate for you. Gifts can be a single item or multiple items that are gifted during the course of the cruise. Total amount spent on the gift(s) should be approximately $20 - 25. Toward the end of the cruise, there is a tentative plan for a "Meet your Secret Mickey" gathering.
  • Palo Brunch Group: Palo offers brunch service in a private dining room for groups of 12-14 adults. One brunch group is already full (thanks, DVC4US). If you would like to organize or participate in one of these groups, post here and maybe another group can fill a reservation. We'll just need someone to organize it.
  • Private Wine Tasting DVC4US is also trying to arrange a private group wine tasting (we're going to have to call LeiLani Super Woman), on Monday Dec 20, from 1-2pm. Location is TBD. The cost should be $20 per person. Please contact her if you are interested.
  • DCL Holiday Events: (Possible special events scheduled by DCL, based on previous cruises)
    -- Tree-lighting ceremony.
    -- Christmas religious services on Christmas Eve (11:15 pm) and Christmas morning (8:30 am).
    -- Crew member Caroling.
    -- Santa Claus visits on Christmas morning, with cookies, hot cocoa, and coffee set up in the Lobby Atrium.
Christmas Cruise Family Roll Call (this is not the FE List - PM tinkmischief for FE list)
Screen Name................... First Names........ Family
3PrincessGrandma.............. Ken & Lois (parents of 3princessMommy)
3PrincessMommy & bigAWL....... Joann & Aaron...... DD9, DD7, DD(almost 4)
Ahugenberg.................... Dave & Aly......... DS7, DD3
Almagetty..................... DW & DH............ DD20, DD17
Almagetty's friends........... DW & DH............ DS20, DD19, DS16
AustinAg...................... Scott & Vicky...... DD11, DD7
BakerTeam..................... Eileen & Bob....... DD16, DD13
BBQMommy...................... Caryn & Bob........ DD6
BigHugsForEeyore.............. Sarah & Heather
Cam Fam luvs Dsny............. DW & DH............ DS15, DD12
Candmfox...................... Chris & Michelle... DD8, DS7
CarolynElizabeth.............. Carolyn & DH....... DS17, DD11, DS8
cjjr6892...................... DW & DH............ DD10, DS8
clukas........................ Chris & Svetla..... DS6, DS4
colkath2005................... Collette........... DS13, DS10, DS3
Colkath2005 Parents........... Bill & Kath
cquick........................ Chuck & Connie & Patrick & Michael
craftygramma.................. Fred & Madge (parents of tinkmischief)
CruisinLattas................. Renee & Alan....... DD6, DS4
Cruisin'Nick.................. Nick (Meemous' son)
Dagny......................... DW & DH............ DD19, DS11
discruiser.................... DW & DH............ DS12, DD10, DD6, DS4
discruiser's Sister
Disney Rocks.................. Sandra & Murray.... DD14, DD12, DD9
DisneyCamper
Disneycruising.................................... DD17, DS15, DS12, DD11
disneydash.................... Steve & DW......... DD21, DS19, DD16, DS6, DS2
DisneyMom92................... Mitsy & Sister..... DD18, DDBF, DS15
dragonflydreaming............. mom................ DD9, DS8
dreamcometrue................. Kay & Alan......... DS15, DD11
DVC4US........................ LeiLani............ DD21, DD14
DVC4US' friends............... Lee & Angie........ DS22
DVC4US' parents............... Chuck & Nell
egorss78...................... Shaun & Jen........ DD6, DD4
EllaEnchanted&1Grumpy John.... Deb & John
Evans Family.................. DW & DH............ DS13, DS10
eve adkins.................... Eve & Ryan......... DS15, DS10, DS7, DD2
Fyrmedic654................... Jarod & Christi.... DD3, DS11months
Gecko1............................................ DD, DS
Hanny & AlsMom................ Carolyn & Trent.... DD10, DS7
HFC1969....................... Mike & Amy......... DS11, DD4
Hmorale....................... DW & DH............ DS8, DS6
IceSk8trsMom.................. Lisa & Mike........ DD15
IceSk8trsMom Parents.......... Joe & Cheryl
ISCHARCM...................... DH & DW............ DD11, DS3
itutorfortravel............... Kimberly & DH...... DD8
jenedpey...................... Ed & Jennifer...... DD11
jgura......................... Jill & Rob......... DD8, DD8
jksDory71..................... Cheryl & Scott (IceSk8trsMom's sister)
kehonuamemano................. DW & DH............ DD4
kevnbren...................... DW & DH............ DD17, DS16, DS15
Kitster & Corwin17............ Vicki & Stephen
knewton64..................... Kris
Liz Arjay & decked out........ Elizabeth & John... DS16, DS15, DD13
Liz Arjay's Family............ John's Mother & Aunt
Lolobellica................... DW & DH............ DD4
Lyrah......................... Charyl Lee & Jeff.. DD15, DD12
Marcy Mouse................... DW & DH............ DS17
mdargen....................... DW & DH............ DD5
mdargen's mom
Meemous....................... Lorrie............. DD15, DS12, DD11
miatamel...................... Melanie & Stephan.. DD9, DD7
mickey squared................ Marguerite & DH.... DS15, DD13, DS11, DD9
mickeyteachers................ DW & DH............ DS11
mickeyteachers' mother
minneapolismickey............. Rick & Angie....... DS12, DS9
mmi........................... Camie & Butch...... DS14, DD8
mmi's parents................. Gary & Camille
mmi's in-laws................. Peggy & Benny
mmi's brother-in-law.......... Tiger
mndisfam...................... Kathleen........... DS14, DD11
MommyLissa.................... Melissa & Paul..... DD5
momssurprise.................. DW & DH............ DD9
Monstro....................... Jeff & DW.......... DD23, DD18, DD16
mrsnesbit..................... Lisa & Vince....... DS14, DD10
njmom23grls................... Lisa & Mark........ DD16, DD12
pennymike..................... Penny & Mike
petdoc........................ Dawn............... DD10
Pooh's Pals................... Jane & Tony........ DD22(NaomiJayne), DS19, DD13
Ramzmich...................... Mary & Rob......... DS16, DD9
ReggieB........................................... DS10
ricka47....................... Rick & Pat......... DD17, DGD10
riggins....................... Leslie & DH........ DD9, DD7
sarahlovespooh................ Carol & Sandy...... DD8, DD3
Sasser05
SCFamily4..................... Maribeth & Paul.... DS12, DD8
skypixy....................... DW & DH............ DS12, DS8
soccermomX3
StJohnfamily.................. Pam & DH........... DD9
STLUCIELADY................... Lisa & Drew........ DD27, DS18, DD15
SwimMama...................... DW & DH............ DS11, DS9, DS5
TeenaS........................ Teena & Bob
That Australian Kid (Hannah).. Dad................ DD (Hannah)
TheBeadPirate................. Lori & Rick
thegales...................... David & Ann........ DD14, DD12
Three at Sea.................. DW & DH............ DD9
tink&cinderella............... Denise & Peter..... DD12, DD8
tinkmischief.................. Melissa............ DS6
tinknsnow..................... Tracy & DH......... DD12, DD9, DS7
tinktwice......................................... DD12, DS10
ucancallmetink................ Jeff & Darcie...... DD16, DD12, DD11, DS4
ucancallmetink Grandparents... Dave & Sandy
VA Girl....................... Gretchen & Larry... DD10, DS8
Vminick....................... Vanessa & Matt..... DS10, DS7, DD3
Wings27....................... DW & DH............ DD9, DS7

We have started (and should probably update) another online resource for us to use to share information. http://southerncaribbeanchristmasmagic.pbworks.com/

If you are on Facebook, please check out our group dedicated to this cruise. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=103995330785&ref=ts

And here is a link to PART I of this cruise meet thread, just in case you want to make sure you didn't miss anything. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975680

If anyone is interested in a smaller version of our "Cruise Logo" that appears at the top of this post, here are a couple signature-friendly versions.

DCLCruiseLogoSmall.jpg
DCLCruiseLogosiggy.jpg

Thank for doing this, was beginning to get fed up of having to go to page 50+ to read current posts :) All I have to do now is to work out how to put a cruise logo onto my signature :)

Hey everybody!!!

The excursions are up on the Disney website!

Looking for cool adventures for the 3-38 crowd!!!! :lmao:

Thanks to everyone who has updated this site. You have all done a lot of great work!:thumbsup2

The t-shirts look great. I wish I could be so creative. I am starting to think about how to make my fish extender. Will be heading to the fabric store in the next few weeks.

mndisfam- if you have found this thread... Is there any chance that I know you? I am a pediatrician in Eden Prairie and have a lot of patients from Bloomington.

Did anyone volunteer to organize the DisMeet? I can't remember if I did or not and don't want to step on anyone's toes. But maybe we can combine it with the ornament exchange???? :confused3 That would be a nice icebreaker.

Hello! Posted towards the end of the original/part one thread. So excited for our first Disney Cruise :yay: Thanks for the well wishes --->

We will not be on Disney property pre-cruise, going to check out that Harry Potter fellow (SQUEE!) :rolleyes1 but would love to do an onboard meet up :goodvibes

:-)
Caryn

In general, wondering if anyone has an idea for Pirate night and dinner rotations for a longer cruise. We were on the Magic last Christmas for the Eastern and the year before that, on the Magic for Thanksgiving for the Western. Very excited to be coming back for this cruise! Starting to think about excursions and what would be a good night for Palo's.

Happy Monday everyone... :headache:

130 days... :banana:

Sending PM's for sign ups this AM...

In general, wondering if anyone has an idea for Pirate night and dinner rotations for a longer cruise. We were on the Magic last Christmas for the Eastern and the year before that, on the Magic for Thanksgiving for the Western. Very excited to be coming back for this cruise! Starting to think about excursions and what would be a good night for Palo's.

I've been wondering this, too. But I think it all works around the sea days.

It seems to me that the first sea day is usually a formal night. Any other formal night will also be on a sea day, so I'm guessing Christmas night will be at least a semi-formal night and/or possibly the sea day between St Thomas and Castaway Cay. I think Villains night should also be a sea day, but I could be wrong. Any sea day is going to be popular for Palos.

Pirate Night? I really haven't figured out a system for that other than they seem to try to have regular, non-themed nights in between any special nights. So I'm guessing either Guadeoupe or Barbados will be the Pirate Night. Possibly St Maarten, but not Martinique because that will be Christmas Eve.

Did anyone volunteer to organize the DisMeet? I can't remember if I did or not and don't want to step on anyone's toes. But maybe we can combine it with the ornament exchange???? :confused3 That would be a nice icebreaker.

I like the combo idea!

Normally I have noticed that Christmas Day is the Formal night - but with so many days - I would guess we have two formal nights.

Last year I put together a list of special holiday stuff we had on the Eastern Christmas Cruise a few years ago.

This was the Magic 7 day Eastern Route:
Departed on the 22nd
We had fantastic weather. We were able to swim comfortably at Castaway Cay and short sleeves and shorts were comfortable on the whole trip. That being said, cast members said two weeks earlier it was so cold they were wearing jackets so be prepared for either – this time of year it is challenging to predict.

Saturday - December 22nd
Sunrise: 7:13 a.m. Set 5:29 p.m.
Dinner Dress: Cruise Casual (As it always is on 1st night.)
Drink of the Day: Berry Christmas
Show was a variety show
Holiday Stuff:
Tree Lighting at 7:45 PM in the Lobby
They also had a Gingerbread Houses Design program for a limited number.

Sunday - December 23rd
Day at Sea
Dinner Dress: Semi-Formal
Captain’s Welcome reception
Drink of the Day: Santa’s Treasure
No Holiday activities scheduled.
Show was Golden Mickeys

Monday - December 24th
Christmas Eve
Day at Sea
Dinner Dress: Cruise Casual
No special Eve meal – Drink of the Day was: Jingle Bash
Holiday Stuff:
Santa Visits – pictures etc. with Santa in Lobby Noon – 4:30 PM
‘Twas the Night Before Christmas - Mrs. Claus in Lobby 10 PM
Teens – Jingle Bell Ball – Midnight in the Stack
Ocean Quest – Christmas Eve Party – 9:45 PM – 12:30 AM
Show was Twice Charmed

Tuesday – December 25th
Christmas Day
St. Maarten – most things were closed so it is nice we are at sea on Christmas Day!
Dinner Dress: Formal
Dinner Menu – Happy Holidays
Drink of the Day – Mistle Toe
Show was a Magician
3-4 yr olds had Winterland Digital Postcards, Christmas Hunt
Teens had Jingle Bell Cells – make animation
Christmas Mass at 8:00 AM – Buena Vista Theatre
Interdenominational Service at 9:00 AM Walt Disney Theatre
Holiday Jackpot Bingo
Sounds of the Season – 7:30 Promenade Lounge – holiday songs

Wednesday - December 26th
St. Thomas
Dinner Dress: Pirate or Casual
Dinner was Pirates in the Caribbean
Drink of the Day: Caribbean Christmas Mojito
Show was National Treasure Book of Secrets premier
Pirate Party – 9:45 PM

Thursday - December 27th
Day at Sea
Dinner was Master Chef
Drink of the Day: Secret Wish
Show was Disney Dreams

Friday - December 28th
Castaway Cay
Dinner was ‘Til We Meet Again
Drink of the Day: Santa’s Bell
Show was Remember the Magic – Variety Show

I don’t remember when these things came, but near the end of the trip we did get some toys and games for the kids in our room from the kids club group and the Christmas Litho gram – 1 per room.

Hope this helps all to prepare!

Wow CrusinLattas, that was great! Thank you for the info. I can't wait! :yay:

I am so excited that I have even checked out the new Villian's tonight menu! :rotfl:

Looking forward to our first Christmas at sea and our first FE :banana:

Hi Everyone-
I pulled out some of the info I had from our Christmas cruise last year and compared it to what CruisinLatta posted earlier. The "special" nights on our cruise followed the normal pattern for a 7-night Eastern, although it worked ok for the holiday:

Saturday - Port Canaveral - Cruise Casual
Sunday - Sea - Formal Night
Monday - Sea - Cruise Casual
Tuesday - St. Maarten - Pirate Night
Wednesday - St. Thomas - Cruise Casual
Thursday (Christmas Eve) - Sea - Semi-Formal
Friday (Chrismtas) - Castaway Cay - Cruise Casual

We dressed up and had the special holiday menu on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas, but since Christmas was our last night onboard, it made a lot of sense.

I checked the scheudule for one of this summer's 11-night Med cruises:

Day 1 - Boarding Day - Cruise Casual
Day 2 - Sea - Formal Night
Day 3 - Port - Cruise Casual
Day 4 - Port - Cruise Casual
Day 5 - Port - Cruise Casual
Day 6 - Port - Cruise Casual
Day 7 - Port - Pirate Night
Day 8 - Sea - Semi Formal
Day 9 - Port - Cruise Casual
Day 10 - Port - Cruise Casual
Day 11 - Sea - Cruise Casual

So based on all of that, I'm thinking along the lines of what bigAWL posted earlier. I think our first sea day will either be formal or semi-formal night. I think the other "dress up" night will be on on Christmas. Pirate night is harder, but I'd guess it will be night we'll be in Guadeloupe or St. Maarten, but who knows.

Have a great day!
Leslie

Looking at the schedule again, I think Pirate Night will be in (after leaving) Guadeloupe, because that's the earliest all aboard time (4:30) of the four-island stretch in the middle of the cruise. I think they want to give people time to be on board and get all pirated-up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter