Magic Christmas Cruise 2010 (Dec 18th - 29th) - PART II

Has anyone started looking at excursions yet? I think this will be our upcoming weekend's activity. The girls start school next Monday, so this may be a nice distraction.

102 on the truck today going to pick up DD princess:

I've got :santa:pirate: on the brain to keep me cool.. ;)

DD's Kindergarten started the last week in July :eek:

Thinking about excursions, semi planning. Will touch back in a bit with ideas :hug:

Caryn

School in July is just wrong. SC had been starting earlier and earlier in August, getting closer to July. They found it was hurting the tourist industry, since the coastal businesses were losing their student employees. Legislation was passed stating that schools could no longer start earlier than the third week in August (or something like that). I still think it is too early, but I am happy it is not as bad as before.

OMG! Nine days to make the final payment! :scared1:

It'll all work out somehow... Better let my DH know that is coming...

I will look for some end of summer sales for cruise clothes. I wonder if that cost savings will help ease his pain with paying the final bill???:rotfl2:

Our Walmart has the summer/beach toys-items on sale. Picked up a childs mask and snorkle ($4), some water wings ($0.50), pail/shovel/sand set (3.50) and a three pack of beach ball/float/ring ($3) and an OP rash guard ($8)

When we booked the trip it was on Expedia's last day for shipboard credit sale (8/2/10) They will put $500 in our onboard account, provided the entire trip is paid for on Mastercard. :thumbsup2 Trying to combat the Disney Visa, I guess -- but it was an industrywide sale, not just for Disney sailings.

DD is lucky that her school's AC is working just fine. We have several school buildings in the system that are not so lucky. :sad2:

Good news for all of us who put the final payment on Disney Visa for another several months to pay with no interest!

This month there are triple reward points!!! More $$$ for Konk Koolers!!!! :cool1:

Good news for all of us who put the final payment on Disney Visa for another several months to pay with no interest!

This month there are triple reward points!!! More $$$ for Konk Koolers!!!! :cool1:

Hello everyone! I have been lurking on this board for a couple weeks now...I'm working on my DH to say yes to this cruise.

We sailed last Christmas with riggins and had a great time so I'd love to do it again! This year it would be me, DH, and DD 8.

Just wanted to ask about the triple points with the Disney Visa. Did you get an offer to do this or is it for everyone? I've gotten one offer before for multiplying my points, but nothing about tripling lately. That sure would be some nice OBC cash!

Hope we get to join you! I should know for sure in the next few weeks...

Greetings all,
Our TA just passed on this confirmation re: dining on the cruise:

2nd & 8th nights are formal nights... (both days at sea & I believe Christmas Day on the 8th day)

Day 10 Semi Formal (day at sea)

6th Night in Barbados Pirate Night pirate: (fireworks outside of Barbados should be neat too - pray for no rain)

One thing that I recommend everyone try to do (if it suits your fancy) when we get to St. Maarten is go to Orient Beach :beach:and a little bar there called Le String - it is our idea of beach paradise! Also, if you have wheels or grab a cab, try to eat in Grand Case - incredibly good food there.

See you all on board.
Fox Family

Another idea/thought to share:
A quick note for you all as well if you need to "reprovision" your stateroom in St. Maarten - near the pier where we tie up is a grocery store - go to sangstrading dot com - they carry all of the usual items you'd expect. If you enjoy beer, don't miss out on the Heineken Pilsner (7oz) and Amstel Bright (9.3oz) :thumbsup2.
Cheers,
FoxFam

Hope to see you all there, Itutorfortravel pixiedust:

Great tips, foxfam. Never been to St. Maarten, but Orient Beach has always been 'on my list'. :beach:

Just got DD5 a couple dresses for the formal and semi(s). I <3 ebay. :lovestruc

Is there a Facebook Group for this trip still? Never having done a DIS cruise I have never done a Fish Extender exchange. Has a group been started for that?:)

Caryn

Greetings all,
Our TA just passed on this confirmation re: dining on the cruise:

2nd & 8th nights are formal nights... (both days at sea & I believe Christmas Day on the 8th day)

Day 10 Semi Formal (day at sea)

6th Night in Barbados Pirate Night pirate: (fireworks outside of Barbados should be neat too - pray for no rain)

One thing that I recommend everyone try to do (if it suits your fancy) when we get to St. Maarten is go to Orient Beach :beach:and a little bar there called Le String - it is our idea of beach paradise! Also, if you have wheels or grab a cab, try to eat in Grand Case - incredibly good food there.

See you all on board.
Fox Family

Great! I've added the theme nights to the first post here as an "unofficial" schedule.

It is becoming official! Dreams Unlimited has officially picked up our reservation. I bought trip insurance today, and scheduled the final payment. Reservations made at the Radisson for the night before, although I still don't know our travel plans.

I have been looking at excursions in St. Maartin; thanks for the other ideas. In all the descriptions for Orient Beach, Disney remind us that the beaches may be topless or clothing optional. Anyone with experience with this? We will have DD14 and DD12, and would like to know what me might expect.

Is there a Facebook Group for this trip still? Never having done a DIS cruise I have never done a Fish Extender exchange. Has a group been started for that?:)

Caryn

I had started a Facebook page. The main reason was if anyone wanted to post information that they may not want to post in a thread available for anyone to see. There is not a whole lot of info there, and someone did raise a concern that we didn't want the disboard thread to die because of the Facebook page. I will keep it going, although we may not do a whole lot over there.

By the way, is there a Chris, Pamela, or Richard here? I have requests from these folks, but I have not been able to match to someone here.

I created a Facebook page for our 7 night Christmas cruise last year. At first lots of people visited it, but it eventually died down. The nice thing in doing that is that everyone was more comfortable talking about their cabin assignments, posting pics, etc. in a closed forum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter