Magical Memories in the Making ... A Pre-TR! TR LINK UP!

Now granted my daughter is 11 years old now, but we traveled with her a lot as a baby/toddler. First of all - don't worry about it. James is going to be James whether it's a good day or a bad day so don't worry about what other people think. If people are bothered by toddlers, they can choose to sit somewhere else on the plane - that's the beauty of Southwest :goodvibes

We used to take lots of things to keep DD busy while on the plane - toys, books, coloring, movies, etc. Also, make sure you have some juice or water for him to drink at all times - swallowing helps relieve the pressure in their ears and they are too young to chew gum or suck on a hard candy at that age. We always kept a sippy cup within reach and made sure it had water or apple juice in it.

If James is usually a good baby and easily entertained, I'm sure he'll do fine. He'll be so excited to see everything going on while on the plane - and make sure he gets to look out the window, I'm sure that will fascinate him too :goodvibes

Looking forward to more updates :goodvibes

Thanks for the encouragement :goodvibes I know I'm just completely overanalyzing everything; especially when I cannot control how the day will unfold. We have a little backpack for James that we plan on filling up with his favorite little toys as well as a few new ones. And, it's also on our list to pick up a portable DVD player so we can play some movies (we will need it for our big road trip later this year anyway :thumbsup2).

Thanks for the reminder about having lots of juice on hand. He flew when he was 6 months so we had a bottle back then and he slept almost the entire flight...here's hoping this is a repeat :laughing:

You're welcome :goodvibes You said it quite well - you can't control how the day unfolds so don't get too worried about it.

I also like the idea of putting some new toys in his backpack as a surprise. New toys will definitely hold his interest and keep him entertained! :thumbsup2

Just a few quick updates this week:

I just found out that my parents changed up their flight to enjoy some time in Texas before we head to Florida and their flight is the same one we have after our layover :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: This helped ease my anxiety about the people next to us on the plan because "those people" are my parents! Well, kinda ... I didn't realize that the section of the plane we have booked is a 2 seat row. So, nobody is sitting next to us (at least directly since there will be an aisle separating us). And, my parents are in the seats behind us. Seriously, how awesome is that!!!

I finally caved in and tried on all my old summer clothes. As expected some of them still don't fit. But I was pleasantly surprised at how many of them do. This makes me happy for several reasons. One, my hard work is paying off and I am shedding the weight as hoped. Two, I don't have to spend (as much) money on new clothes before the trip. Three, it helped renew my drive to keep going and finish losing those last few pounds :thumbsup2

I'm going to have a NIECE!!! My sister had her gender screening ultrasound last week and it is without a doubt a little girl. I'm so excited to go out and buy tons of cute little girls clothes for her!!

That's all I've got here! Have a great week everybody :goodvibes

That's awesome about your parents being on the same flight as you!

Big CONGRATS on your upcoming little niece! Have fun picking out little girl clothes. My sister loves buying clothes for my daughter because she has 2 boys so she never had a girl to buy for :goodvibes

Looking forward to more updates! :goodvibes

That's awesome about your parents being on the same flight as you!

Big CONGRATS on your upcoming little niece! Have fun picking out little girl clothes. My sister loves buying clothes for my daughter because she has 2 boys so she never had a girl to buy for :goodvibes

Looking forward to more updates! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness, my poor checkbook is tired with all the money I've spent buying cute little girls clothes :lmao:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3::dance3:ONE MONTH!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3::dance3:

As an aside, if I could ask for all your thoughts, prayers and pixie dust please. I'm sure you've probably all heard about all the tornadoes that ripped through the Midwest over the weekend. Well, my parents live in Kansas where there were 97! Yes, 97! tornadoes on Saturday. All things considering they were lucky. However, they are still without any electricity (and have been since Saturday morning) and their basement is flooding and not stopping because the sump pump broke during the storm. My Dad's work also took a massive hit and he is out of work until they clear the mess and deem it safe to go back. With all that's going on he definitely can't afford to be without pay for very long :worried: They are definitely in need of all well wishes you send their way :thumbsup2

d1851312.jpg

We leave three weeks from tomorrow :banana::banana: Which means everything has to be ready to go three weeks from today :scared1::scared1:

You know what time it is don't ya? That's right, serious "to do" list making time!!!

Because I hate to be an overachiever (yeah, we'll go with that because it has nothing to do with being tired and lazy :laughing:) I am making myself a weekly list instead of an all at once list.

Three Week To Do:

* Finalize budget
* Find somewhere to make James' T-shirts (Vista doesn't have his sizes and Zazzle won't do the Mickey heads - suggestions??)
* Book cruise shuttle
* Book SeaWorld shuttle
* Book airport shuttle
* Email hotel about airport and SeaWorld shuttle (before booking!)
* Get serious about last few pounds to lose!!!
* Buy remaining needed items
* Finalize packing list

And I think that should do it for this week. YIKES! I'm kinda scared to see what will be on the list the next two weeks :sad2:

Silly Confession: Last night I was so anxious for the trip to get here that I pulled out a remaining shampoo left from our last cruise and used it :lmao:

And, in other news

Video - click to play

We have a walker!!! It's so crazy because he was at least a month/month and a half early on all his other milestones (sitting up, pulling up, cruising etc) but walking he took literally to the last second (based on the Dr's hopes of 15 months at the latest). He's still wobbly and chooses to crawl at least 50% of the time - but he's getting there!!! :woohoo: or should it be this :scared1: :rotfl2:

Hi Shannon! I am finally caught up on all of your updates! I can't believe how close your trip is! I know you are getting so excited! :woohoo:

I LOVE the shirts you had made. I wish I had a suggestion about James' shirt, but I'm racking my brain and can't come up with anything. :confused:

Congrats on your niece! How exciting for your sister and your family! And many good thoughts and prayers going to your parents. I hope that things are looking better for them! :goodvibes

Hi Shannon! I am finally caught up on all of your updates! I can't believe how close your trip is! I know you are getting so excited! :woohoo:

I LOVE the shirts you had made. I wish I had a suggestion about James' shirt, but I'm racking my brain and can't come up with anything. :confused:

Congrats on your niece! How exciting for your sister and your family! And many good thoughts and prayers going to your parents. I hope that things are looking better for them! :goodvibes

Thanks Courtney! Everything is much better for my parents. They were without power for a week, but all in all, were very lucky. Their basement did get slightly flooded but other than that they had very minimal structural damage. Amazing, considering there was a Walgreens sign, piece of a gas station sign and light pole all in their yard after the storm was done. We all know it could have been much, much worse and are so grateful for all the thoughts and prayers that were extended.

Hey y'all, I know I've been miserably absent from my own thread. I wish I had good reason, but really, I just haven't had anything to really talk about. Well, that, and we have been pretty busy too ::yes::

Since I last "talked" to you guys we have:

* Celebrated my birthday (big 3-0!)
* Purchased a zoo/gardens/aquarium annual pass (and already gotten our monies worth!)
* Attended a wedding
* Worked our little booties off to ensure that everything goes smoothly at work in our absence
* Ended the Biggest Loser competition at our work (Candi and I took 1st and 2nd place respectively :banana: Candi lost 35 pounds and I lost 16)
* Shopped, shopped and shopped til we dropped to prepare for the trip
* And, little man has cut 2 more molars, become a full time walker, graduated up in his Gymboree class and learned to throw the mother of all tantrums :scared1:

I'm sure there is more, but I think that covers the highlights.

Now, for trip news

60133cf8.jpg

The trip is so close I can practically feel myself being hit with that Florida humidity as I step off the plane :lmao:

One week from today we will be ....

... waking up at Animal Kingdom Lodge (hopefully, with a savannah view - it's a gamble when you book a value room)

... enjoying breakfast at Crystal Palace (first for everyone)

... getting James his first set of Mickey ears

... James and Candi will be getting their hair cut at the Barbershop

3c6e4d84.jpg

I'd say he's long overdue wouldn't you :rotfl:

... taking James on his very first Dumbo ride

... just enjoying the sights, smells and sounds of the Magic Kingdom

... devouring those delicious pot stickers at 'Ohanas

... seeing Wishes!

... going to bed dreaming about setting sail the next day

And, a funny story:

Quick background info - every night at bath time we tell James about how pretty soon we will be on Mickey's boat and he will get to go into the water all the time

The other day James and I were having lunch with Candi's parents and James was trying to stand up in his highchair (he, unfortunately, is an engineering genius :rolleyes1 and already knows how to unbuckle himself). So, to avoid a meltdown from him (and a lecture from them for correcting him in public {whole other story}) I told him "James you better sit down or you will get ouchies and if you get ouchies they won't let you on Mickey's Boat."

Well, Candi's parents told him "that's ok, we don't want you to go anyway, wouldn't you rather stay with Nana and Tata."

Without missing a beat James shakes his head no (vigorously, I might add) and says "uh-uh, awa (agua), bye"

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I could not stop laughing!

Hey y'all, I know I've been miserably absent from my own thread. I wish I had good reason, but really, I just haven't had anything to really talk about. Well, that, and we have been pretty busy too ::yes::

Since I last "talked" to you guys we have:

* Celebrated my birthday (big 3-0!)
* Purchased a zoo/gardens/aquarium annual pass (and already gotten our monies worth!)
* Attended a wedding
* Worked our little booties off to ensure that everything goes smoothly at work in our absence
* Ended the Biggest Loser competition at our work (Candi and I took 1st and 2nd place respectively :banana: Candi lost 35 pounds and I lost 16)
* Shopped, shopped and shopped til we dropped to prepare for the trip
* And, little man has cut 2 more molars, become a full time walker, graduated up in his Gymboree class and learned to throw the mother of all tantrums :scared1:

I'm sure there is more, but I think that covers the highlights.

Now, for trip news

The trip is so close I can practically feel myself being hit with that Florida humidity as I step off the plane :lmao:

One week from today we will be ....

... waking up at Animal Kingdom Lodge (hopefully, with a savannah view - it's a gamble when you book a value room)

... enjoying breakfast at Crystal Palace (first for everyone)

... getting James his first set of Mickey ears

... James and Candi will be getting their hair cut at the Barbershop

... taking James on his very first Dumbo ride

... just enjoying the sights, smells and sounds of the Magic Kingdom

... devouring those delicious pot stickers at 'Ohanas

... seeing Wishes!

... going to bed dreaming about setting sail the next day

And, a funny story:

Quick background info - every night at bath time we tell James about how pretty soon we will be on Mickey's boat and he will get to go into the water all the time

The other day James and I were having lunch with Candi's parents and James was trying to stand up in his highchair (he, unfortunately, is an engineering genius :rolleyes1 and already knows how to unbuckle himself). So, to avoid a meltdown from him (and a lecture from them for correcting him in public {whole other story}) I told him "James you better sit down or you will get ouchies and if you get ouchies they won't let you on Mickey's Boat."

Well, Candi's parents told him "that's ok, we don't want you to go anyway, wouldn't you rather stay with Nana and Tata."

Without missing a beat James shakes his head no (vigorously, I might add) and says "uh-uh, awa (agua), bye"

I could not stop laughing!

Sounds like James can speak well for himself!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:To have been able to see their repsonse and faces!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just wanted to say Hi, I've been following along as a co-worker will be on the same cruise as you. His family isn't much into disboards even though I tell him this is where I get all the great news!! But it will also be their first trip on the Disney Dream and I'm so excited for you both. My family and I were on it last August and I truly wish we could do it again soon!! Be prepared to be treated like kings and queens!!! I can't wait to hear about your experience when you get back!! Being in Ohio we don't get to do Disney, but maybe once or twice a year (if we're lucky) so I love to live vicariously through the stories of others experiencing WDW... :)

But just wanted to say it's been fun following along, and can't believe your trip is getting so close!!

Mark

Hey Everyone!! Just wanted to hop on and say that we are back :sad: I know everyone always says this, but this trip truly went by so fast. It literally felt like we walked on the ship, went to sleep and woke up at home :rotfl: As expected, there were ups and downs along the way, laughter and tears, smiles and tantrums, and lots and lots of hugs and kisses ... can't wait to tell you all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter