Magical Memories in the Making ... A Pre-TR! TR LINK UP!

Well I just learned how to subscribe to a thread and yours is the lucky 1st! Can't wait to read your adventures! I feel your husbands pain, I just turned thirty and am not happy about !:scared1:

Well I just learned how to subscribe to a thread and yours is the lucky 1st! Can't wait to read your adventures! I feel your husbands pain, I just turned thirty and am not happy about !:scared1:

Welcome aboard - I'm always excited to have new readers :goodvibes

I turn 30 in May, but it hasn't freaked me out ... yet :rotfl:

Happy Wednesday Everybody :goodvibes

Why am I so excited about it being Wednesday you ask? Well, that answer is easy peasy ...

70 DAYS UNTIL WDW!!!!!

I've been doing lots of random things to get ready for the trip, in no particular order. But, hey, at least it's getting done :thumbsup2

Spent some more time on the DISign thread and found these magnets that I am so in love with

wdwcarsmagnet.jpg

wdwbravesmagnet.jpg

I have 2 more for us and 2 more for my parents that I'm waiting on and then I am done with magnets. Well, except for actually printing and cutting them :rolleyes1

I've also started on our packing list. I always start with a very detailed day-by-day list first and then turn it into a more simple checklist at the end. This helps ensure that I don't forget anything (or at least that I forget less :laughing:). This year I'm also working on a day and then having Candi review it to make sure it includes everything needed before I go onto the next day. I'm sure you couldn't care less what we are bringing, but just in case you think of anything else we need I present you with our day one packing list

May 16: Travel Day/Dinner at O’hana

James
1. Emergency change of clothes for plane (shorts, shirt, socks) (pack in carry on bag)
2. Diapers x 6 (pack in carry on bag)
5. Snacks (for flight) (pack in carry on bag)
6. O’hana outfit (pack in carry on bag)
1. Hawaiian themed shirt
2. Khaki shorts
3. White undershirt
4. Brown leather sandals
7. Small blanket (for flight) (pack in carry on bag)
8. Activities (for flight) (pack in carry on bag)
9. Swim trunks (pack in carry on bag)
10. Rash guard (pack in carry on bag)
11. Pool hat
11. Swim Diapers x 2 (pack in carry on bag)
12. Pajamas (Disney themed!) (pack in carry on bag)

Candi
1. O’hana outfit (pack in carry on bag)
1. Hawaiian themed shirt
2. Khaki shorts
3. White undershirt
4. Sandals
5. Underwear
2. Swim trunks (pack in carry on bag)
3. Rash guard (pack in carry on bag)
4. Pajamas (pack in carry on bag)
1. T-shirt
2. Shorts
3. Underwear

Shannon
1. O’hana outfit (pack in carry on bag)
1. Hawaiian inspired sundress
2. Sandals
3. Underwear
4. Flower (for hair)
5. Bra (strapless)
2. Swim suit (pack in carry on bag)
3. Rash guard (pack in carry on bag)
4. Pajamas (pack in carry on bag)
1. T-shirt
2. Shorts
3. Underwear

I also crossed another couple items off my to do list. I remembered to ask my parents what size T-shirt they want. Granted, it's nothing major, but hey, it's something to cross off :thumbsup2

I think that's all I've got on the planning front for now. So, I leave you with this hilarious video (click on the picture to play)

And, yes, that's a toothbrush he's holding on to ... he's obsessed with them :confused3

For food we had 4 stations set up. A Pizza Planet with 3 kinds of pizza and a salad bar. A kiddie station with Slinky Dogs (pigs in a blanket), Rex Bites (dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets) and Mr Potato Parts (tater tots and different styles of french fries). A drink station with Cokes, Alien juice (lemon-lime sherbet punch) and Lots'o "Beary" punch (strawberry kool-aid). And, of course, the cake table.

His birthday party looked amazing! We had started planning a huge Tangled themed b-day party for our little girl complete with white ponies and all, but half way through planning thought she (and we) would enjoy a trip to see Rapunzel and Flynn live and in the flesh- so we ditched the party and opted for a trip to Disneyland =)

Hi Shannon! I'm all caught up on your updates! Congrats on the 8 lb loss and being so close to your goal! :woohoo: And yay for a potential move! I can't wait to hear some more details. ;)

I think you all will have a blast at Busch gardens! My dad lives in Tampa, so I've been there many times. My last time was years ago, but I remember always having a good time there. :thumbsup2

His birthday party looked amazing! We had started planning a huge Tangled themed b-day party for our little girl complete with white ponies and all, but half way through planning thought she (and we) would enjoy a trip to see Rapunzel and Flynn live and in the flesh- so we ditched the party and opted for a trip to Disneyland =)

That is most definitely our plan for his 2nd birthday :thumbsup2

Hi Shannon! I'm all caught up on your updates! Congrats on the 8 lb loss and being so close to your goal! :woohoo: And yay for a potential move! I can't wait to hear some more details. ;)

I think you all will have a blast at Busch gardens! My dad lives in Tampa, so I've been there many times. My last time was years ago, but I remember always having a good time there. :thumbsup2

Thank you! My next weigh-in is this Wednesday (I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not but we are doing a biggest loser competition at work) so hopefully I see that number go down again ;)

I'm very excited about BG and I think everyone will enjoy it too!

Not a whole lot to report on, but I wanted to do a quick update on my "to do" list.

To Do:

1. Purchase Key West trolley tickets
2. Make invitation for mother’s day gift
3. Order supplies to make invitation
4. Book flight home
5. Buy park tickets
6. Make door magnets
7. Make James’ travel day shirt
8. Make James’ cruise day shirt
9. Make my cruise day shirt
10. Make Candi’s cruise day shirt
11. Make Mom’s cruise day shirt
12. Make Dad’s cruise day shirt
13. Find out Mom’s preferred shirt size
14. Find out Dad’s preferred shirt size

15. Buy toiletries
16. Buy clothing
17. Find design for cruise day shirts
18. Find magnet designs
19. Order new suitcase
20. Book shuttle from port to hotel
21. Book shuttle from hotel to airport
22. Book ME from airport to hotel
23. Upgrade to 2 bedroom?
24. Make decision about FE
25. Make tip envelopes
26. Add dining plan to reservation
27. Finalize packing list
28. Finalize budget
29. Make stroller sign
30. Make reservation for barber shop
31. Make must-do checklist
32. See about reservations for Margaritaville

All the items in red have been completed. It doesn't look like much, but I'm happy with the progress. I'm thinking I might just order our t-shirts from vista or some other place similar. I know that it will probably cost more that way, but it will alleviate some "to do" stress for me and that makes it completely worth it :thumbsup2 The only thing is I'm not sure if they will do the design since it's a Mickey head :confused3

I guess that's all I've got here. Boring I know! :laughing:

I agree that sometimes it's better to just spend a little extra money and have someone else make things instead of tackling it yourself. I hope whoever you choose can do the Mickey head design!

Great progress so far! :thumbsup2

WoW! That is quite the list! I think outsourcing the shirts is a good idea as well. Sure, it will cost more, but a few extra bucks isn't worth your sanity. Additionally, the shirts may be better quality.

WoW! That is quite the list! I think outsourcing the shirts is a good idea as well. Sure, it will cost more, but a few extra bucks isn't worth your sanity. Additionally, the shirts may be better quality.

I agree that sometimes it's better to just spend a little extra money and have someone else make things instead of tackling it yourself. I hope whoever you choose can do the Mickey head design!

Great progress so far! :thumbsup2

Completely agree! Plus, I already have too many things to do when James is napping and messing with an iron while he is awake and running at my feet seems like a bad idea :rotfl:

Sadly the list could easily be longer, but it was overwhelming to keep going at that point :eek:

Happy Monday to all my favorite Disney pals :goodvibes

I can't hardly believe I missed it, but we are now at less than 2 months until our trip :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We've had family in town this weekend, which is always a fantastic time - and helps the days go by faster!

In addition, I've been able to cross a couple more items off my to do list:

I stumbled upon a suitcase in the garage, which means we no longer have to buy a new one :woohoo:

I also ordered one of the shirts from Vista to see if they would do the design since it had a Mickey head shape on it as well as the Disney ship. I just got confirmation that it was shipped, so as long as I like the final product when it arrives I can order the rest and cross that off my list!

Lastly, I got the rest of my magnet designs back that I requested from the amazing Millipie over at the magnet DISign thread :thumbsup2

wdwgrandpamagnet.jpg

For my Dad

wdwgrandmamagnet.jpg

For my Mom

wdwmommagnet.jpg

For me - I LOVE Pearl!

wdwdadmagnet.jpg

For Candi - I originally requested it to say "James ... I am your Father" :lmao: but it looked too cluttered so I went simple instead of humorous ...

Now, I just need to print them all off and cut them out. I think I will do that towards the end though, as I would hate for them to fade or get bent in the meantime :sad2:

Things have really started to come together and I couldn't be happier!!!

Happy Friday everyone!!!

I have a jam packed weekend planned so I wanted to jump on and do some updates while the little bug is taking his nap :thumbsup2

Lots of random cruise things accomplished this week :woohoo:

First, the shirt I ordered from Vista came in and it looks GREAT!!!

5fd6c867.jpg

Granted it's severely wrinkled from being packaged, but that's an easy fix. I'm so glad I was able to find somewhere to get these printed, and even happier that they turned out so great.

Next, we went out shopping for James' Easter outfit and it is simply adorable

cfe0d73b.jpg

It's hard to tell but the dress shirt is a light lavender and white plaid and looks fantastic with the rest of the suit :goodvibes And, even better, the fit is such that I think it will still work on the cruise. The pants are a little long, so we are rolling them for Easter (which isn't a big deal because the vest covers it and you can't tell). The vest is loose enough that we had to use the back tightening thingy to bring it in (which means there's plenty of room to loosen it if need be in May). And, the oxford is currently a perfect fit, but we can always get a different shirt to go underneath, or it also looks super cute with the sleeves rolled up if that is the only fitting problem come cruise time. Which means, James also has his semi-formal night outfit now as well :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Then, yesterday James was having a rough teething day so I loaded him up in the car to go for a ride and we stumbled upon Ross. Since he loves riding around in the shopping cart I decided to take a peek at what they had. I was beyond stoked when I stumbled upon this little outfit

86be4043.jpg

I had seen it the previous day at Carters for $30 :eek: and it was only $11 at Ross :dance3: It's perfect for Busch Gardens so I snatched it right up!!!

Now, not exactly trip related, but we had to head out to the mall the other night and, of course, had to go check out the Disney store :laughing: We were waking around browsing when James started squealing and laughing and reaching out for the display of Mickey Mouse plushes. And, really, who am I to deny him his love of the Mouse :rotfl: So, of course he now resides in our house

383fca74.jpg

I dare you to try and pry that out of his hands :lmao:

And, now, back to the trip ... I have recently made a goal for myself. On this trip I am going to do something I never would have fathomed previously. I am going to partake in ...

cc5k.jpg

Now, this is huge for me. I am by no means a runner. In fact, I usually lose my breath and feel like I'm going to hyperventilate after about 3 minutes of running. However, while working on losing weight I have pushed myself to become all around healthier ... Eat healthier ... work out more ... set a good lifestyle example for James etc So, I pushed myself to start preparing for this "race." Candi and I have both started the Couch to 5K program and, although it has been tough I am actually starting to get excited about running :thumbsup2

That's all I got here ... Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Sorry to have gone missing everyone. I actually haven't been MIA from the boards just from my own report :rotfl: I always get like this when the trip gets near. I kinda feel like I have nothing to update on. All the ADRs are made, excursions are booked, hotels are reserved etc.

Mostly I have just been shopping for odds and ends of stuff we need. Which has only been easy for James since Candi and I are still on our weight loss quest, I have no idea what sizes to buy for us. All I know is that none of our old summer clothes fit :laughing: Our last weigh-in for the Biggest Loser contest at work is May 2 for me and May 7 for him. So, it looks like we will be last minute shopping for ourselves :scared1:

The only things we have left to buy for James is new tennis shoes which we will do when we head up to the outlet mall in Santa Fe next month :thumbsup2 And, then, of course, diapers and wipes etc. Kinda stressing about all the packing space that's going to take up. The flight prices were never right with Southwest so we ended up booking an airline that doesn't have free bag check :headache: Granted, it was cheap enough that even if we all have to check a bag it will still end up costing less than a ticket through SW, but still ... it just irritates me to pay $30 a bag :mad:

Speaking of anxiety - I'm kinda starting to stress about a couple things:

1. James sitting still the entire flight. He is a busy body to say the least and so I have no idea how we will keep him occupied on the flight.

2. Being sat next to someone on the flight who gets annoyed by toddlers/babies. I know this shouldn't bother me because it's their issue not mine. But, I know those people are out there and I don't want to spend an entire flight listening to someone comment, sigh, huff etc about my little guy ... who may or may not sit like a perfect little angel :rolleyes1

3. The time change for James. We are jumping forward 2 hours being in Florida and I have no idea how this will effect him for naps, meals, nighttime sleep etc.

Any advice anybody can give me on these items? James is a good boy, not a big tantrum thrower, usually easily entertained, loves to hand out hugs and kisses :hug: But, he is a toddler, so he likes to move and gets bored easily, ya know what I'm saying? So help is much, much appreciated!

And, I kinda sorta have a confession ... part of the reason I haven't been around this week is because I've been cheating on you guys :scared1: I may or may not be crazy enough to have started Pre TRs for two other trips we are planning :rolleyes1

If interested you can join along with me as we plan

James' 2nd Birthday at Disneyland:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2904160

Our first (just the 3 of us) Vacation at WDW:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2892336

I know, I know, I'm crazy obsessed! But y'all understand right ;)

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Sorry to have gone missing everyone. I actually haven't been MIA from the boards just from my own report :rotfl: I always get like this when the trip gets near. I kinda feel like I have nothing to update on. All the ADRs are made, excursions are booked, hotels are reserved etc.

Mostly I have just been shopping for odds and ends of stuff we need. Which has only been easy for James since Candi and I are still on our weight loss quest, I have no idea what sizes to buy for us. All I know is that none of our old summer clothes fit :laughing: Our last weigh-in for the Biggest Loser contest at work is May 2 for me and May 7 for him. So, it looks like we will be last minute shopping for ourselves :scared1:

The only things we have left to buy for James is new tennis shoes which we will do when we head up to the outlet mall in Santa Fe next month :thumbsup2 And, then, of course, diapers and wipes etc. Kinda stressing about all the packing space that's going to take up. The flight prices were never right with Southwest so we ended up booking an airline that doesn't have free bag check :headache: Granted, it was cheap enough that even if we all have to check a bag it will still end up costing less than a ticket through SW, but still ... it just irritates me to pay $30 a bag

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

I'm not sure how this works with DCL- but can you ship these to yourself? Or can you pick them up upon arrival in FL? We have shipped non-perishable food to ourselves at our WDW hotel and intend to do the same when we take DD in OCT 2013- though God willing she'll be potty trained by then :)

I'm not sure how this works with DCL- but can you ship these to yourself? Or can you pick them up upon arrival in FL? We have shipped non-perishable food to ourselves at our WDW hotel and intend to do the same when we take DD in OCT 2013- though God willing she'll be potty trained by then :)

I have read several TRs where people have stated they've shipped boxes to their resorts (we are staying at AKL prior to the cruise). However, when I contacted both customer service via email and the resort directly by phone I was told this was not allowed and couldn't get mailing information :confused3

Our first stop on the cruise is Key West and I know they have a Walgreens and CVS there so I think our plan now is to pack what we need for the first few days (plus a few extras) and buy the rest at Key West :thumbsup2

Now granted my daughter is 11 years old now, but we traveled with her a lot as a baby/toddler. First of all - don't worry about it. James is going to be James whether it's a good day or a bad day so don't worry about what other people think. If people are bothered by toddlers, they can choose to sit somewhere else on the plane - that's the beauty of Southwest :goodvibes

We used to take lots of things to keep DD busy while on the plane - toys, books, coloring, movies, etc. Also, make sure you have some juice or water for him to drink at all times - swallowing helps relieve the pressure in their ears and they are too young to chew gum or suck on a hard candy at that age. We always kept a sippy cup within reach and made sure it had water or apple juice in it.

If James is usually a good baby and easily entertained, I'm sure he'll do fine. He'll be so excited to see everything going on while on the plane - and make sure he gets to look out the window, I'm sure that will fascinate him too :goodvibes

Looking forward to more updates :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter