Making a Low Offer on a "Only Full Asking Price Will Be Accepted" contract???

Yes, unless, again, the seller doesn't want (in writing!) to entertain any subsequent offers. We're otherwise required to present all offers up until closing day.
And when it appears the broker is adding that to the listing agreement even though the seller did not ask for it? I guess technically since they signed it they "have asked", except they didn't. This threads info from a couple of people makes me question if the broker does present all offers when the seller hasn't directed them not to as they seem to want to direct sellers direction.

And when it appears the broker is adding that to the listing agreement even though the seller did not ask for it? I guess technically since they signed it they "have asked", except they didn't. This threads info from a couple of people makes me question if the broker does present all offers when the seller hasn't directed them not to as they seem to want to direct sellers direction.
It’s the seller’s responsibility to read a contract before it’s signed. A honest professional will keep their fiduciary responsibilities to their client and present all offers or risk disciplinary actions from the licensing authority.

Thanks. I have no idea on US laws. I sent an offer yesterday and was told the listing is no longer available as an offer accepted without presenting mine (mine was a low ball tbh)

Remember, the timeshare brokers are transaction brokers and so things may be different.

Once a contract to purchase has been signed, and the sale pending, offers are no longer presented to the sellers in these transactions.

As someone who has sold many contracts, I would not expect nor would I even entertain a new offer.

Now, I do know that brokers will keep someone’s names if the deal falls through but I do not believe in these cases that offers must be presented after it’s signed and sent to RoFR.

The answer to the question you never ask is always “No”.
Very true!

It probably comes down to what we’re looking for, which is a smaller contract in either of 3 resorts with specific UY.

What are the chances of agreeing on a different from firm price compared to repeatedly going through motions for nothing. If a firm listing is far from what I’m thinking, likely not to work out. If it’s very close I’d consider if a couple hundred dollars is worth losing it and continuing the hunt, possibly for months and with many more offers. There’s not many coming through for what we’d like. Most of the time when something interesting pops up, it’s gone in hours or a day.

Funny you say this as I have made 2 offers today on contracts - both probably would be considered lowball offer, but they were both exactly what I paid for my last loaded contract. The first one, they countered, so I countered back and the broker said that they were suddenly “firm”. I have since gone back and challenged that they are now “firm” and requesting that the broker share my counter with the seller. I will probably get blacklisted for this one - oh well. The other one was a “only firm offers accepted” but I made a low offer anyway and got slapped down. There are still plenty of deals to be made.
So interesting development here - The first broker (not the page sponsor) contacted me and the seller has accepted my counter offer. So now we are on our way to adding 75 pts to our membership. Lowball Thursday paid off 8-)

If a contracted has Banked points, Do you guys add the rental cost in to your thought process. As a discount on the points after the sale. Or just base offer on Price per point ?

So, for the hardened DVC buyer who has what they need but not what they greedily want, the main tools I would use are

Board sponsors Instant sale tool. Try to undercut it by 10% or more. https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/selling/instant-sale/

and the Pricing Tool and Pricing Trend Pages on dvcrofr.com. Get yourself on those tables. https://www.dvcrofr.com/pricing-trends
Hey my SSR deal is #19 (technically #16 if you remove the erroneous entries above it) on that list! Thanks for sharing. I will need to add the string for yesterday’s deal soon.

Last edited:
Probably already been said: why would you bother? That's there because the seller wants it there. The broker isn't even going to pass your offer on. Your only going to succeed at annoying the broker for making an offer they can't pass on. Leave it be and look for another contract.

Some people in this thread said that some brokers have put that on the listing without the owner telling them to. So I think it's definitely possible that some offers would maybe be sent over. I have a feeling specific brokers just slap that on there for all small contracts.

Some people in this thread said that some brokers have put that on the listing without the owner telling them to. So I think it's definitely possible that some offers would maybe be sent over. I have a feeling specific brokers just slap that on there for all small contracts.

I have sold, including with board sponsor and it wasn’t added.

So, this may be a new thing in the contract or in practice.

Probably already been said: why would you bother? That's there because the seller wants it there. The broker isn't even going to pass your offer on. Your only going to succeed at annoying the broker for making an offer they can't pass on. Leave it be and look for another contract.
If it's a contract I am interested in acquiring, that tag is not going to stop me from sending an offer. "No" is the starting place - the opportunity is to move past the start.

If it's a contract I am interested in acquiring, that tag is not going to stop me from sending an offer. "No" is the starting place - the opportunity is to move past the start.
Sounds like the approach my kids take when I say “No”. In the end the answer is still “No”

Sounds like the approach my kids take when I say “No”. In the end the answer is still “No”
Sellers aren’t parents and buyers aren’t children. It’s a business deal between two arms-length parties. Either party can say yes, no or maybe. A listing saying “only list will be accepted” may be the seller’s initial view, but if prices are decreasing and the listing is sitting, they may well decide differently when presented with an offer.

Low offers are not insulting, they are an Invitation to negotiate. If it’s too low the chances aren’t great of ending up at “yes,” but the seller who ignores offers that they deem “insulting” is usually not going to end up in as good a place.

Buyers aren’t children? What board are you on? 😝 I’ve seen some pretty entitled opinions from low ball buyers “shocked and outraged” their low ball offers were ignored. That’s the whole basis of this thread! “I’m not going to let any “firm price” tag keep me down! Who do they think they are ? I’m going to swamp them with low ball
Offers!”

We’ve got about 2000 points over a dozen or so contracts. In 10-15 years we’ll sell off at least a third. Plan full well to tell any broker to counter any low ball offer with a higher than list counter. Then I can sit back and read the outrage online.

Reasonable offer? I’ll listen. Low ball….pound sand. I worked for a guy who was a vulture and took advantage of many people and would gloat about it. While I was treated well it bothered me tremendously and I moved on to another employer.

That’s great! Obviously parents who had trouble saying no.

That’s a joke before anyone takes offense….
Thanks! I read your post above - I don't get offended if my offers are ignored or don't get accepted. My only expectation is that brokers play by the rules - if a buyer actually stated in writing that don't want to see any offers unless its a full price offer accepting all conditions, then I fully understand. Aside from that, I would expect that a broker puts the offer through the seller. If they return with a simple "No" then I will leave it at that. If they return with a counter, then I will counter back until they state that they are firm or say it's a final offer or we come to an agreement. The reality is that there are a lot of contracts out there with value to be found - so there is no point in getting hung up on bullying my way to a unicorn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter