Making a Low Offer on a "Only Full Asking Price Will Be Accepted" contract???

Buyers aren’t children? What board are you on? 😝 I’ve seen some pretty entitled opinions from low ball buyers “shocked and outraged” their low ball offers were ignored. That’s the whole basis of this thread! “I’m not going to let any “firm price” tag keep me down! Who do they think they are ? I’m going to swamp them with low ball
Offers!”

We’ve got about 2000 points over a dozen or so contracts. In 10-15 years we’ll sell off at least a third. Plan full well to tell any broker to counter any low ball offer with a higher than list counter. Then I can sit back and read the outrage online.

Reasonable offer? I’ll listen. Low ball….pound sand. I worked for a guy who was a vulture and took advantage of many people and would gloat about it. While I was treated well it bothered me tremendously and I moved on to another employer.
DVC contracts are, in the end, commodities. You can’t argue with the market. You have the power to say no, but no never heads to a yes.

Unless you’re in a really up market your approach is going to lead to suboptimal results.

Last edited:
Most people are adult about it - seeing it just as a typical business transaction - but you do get a few individuals and brokers who get over-emotional.

Just not worth it for me. I unfortunately had to add a filter to block certain brokers from my alerts just because they add that clause to every contract under 100 points so not to waste my time sending them a fair market value offer to get blocked without even presenting the offer I just don't see the listing any longer :-)

I've tried twice. No lowball offers. The two offers were around 7% off of asking, which I think is a very fine initial offer. But no, they were just rejected. A year ago the "low but firm" listings had some reasonable offerings. Now, I just ignore them. Almost all of them are stripped of points for the current year and often for next year ("with X points coming in 2026!!!"). And even without the contracts being stripped, usually the listing price isn't that good to begin with. My take: those listing are there for newbies who really don't understand how to find a better deal. They are arranged with the language of a "deal," but they really aren't much of a deal.

My experience has been that the full price only listings were for small contracts…

It's not just one contract with high points. There's now a bunch between 200 and 300--quite often stripped of points.
Wow! I had no idea - but then again - I only look at small resale contracts…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter