Many decisions to make: VGF vs Riviera, direct or resale and use year.

Thank you ☺️ As Sandisw mentioned there is Disney card holder discount that kicks in at 250 pts plus there is pre-arrival $500 credit if you have confirmed Disney reservation. In the end, we paid $194 per point instead of $207. Before closing, I looked up a couple of 100 pts AKV resale contracts and ran the numbers including closing costs, was surprised myself to see that difference was so small.
This is what I’m noticing too. I had really been wanting some AKV points but didn’t want to buy them direct since they raised the price to $200. I just can’t get the math to make sense on buying them resale though and having to deal with the points being restricted. Resale doesn’t seem to be such a big saving anymore. I decided to just add on some more direct riviera points to have unrestricted points and to keep things easy.

So is it possible that they run out of last years points to give at the time of purchase? I have an October UY and want to add on some more riviera points but need to wait until early September due to some work issues. Is it possible that if I wait that long that they wouldn’t be able to give me the extra points from 2021?

With RIV, there should be no issue getting them as there are still plenty of points to sell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter