Marathon Weekend 2022

Friendly reminder that if you want to make any ADRs for your MW trip that we are almost to the availability opening for us!
Tomorrow (Friday) for Tuesday (4th) arrivals
Saturday for Wednesday (5th) arrivals
Sunday for Thursday (6th) arrivals
Monday for Friday (7th) arrivals
Tuesday for Saturday (8th) arrivals

I'll be pulling over in the middle of the Wine & Dine 10k on Saturday at 6 am to book our MW ADRs. I've got my priorities in line - food plans come before any time goals. :P

Hoping to get Space 220 on Monday after the marathon!

I'll be pulling over in the middle of the Wine & Dine 10k on Saturday at 6 am to book our MW ADRs. I've got my priorities in line - food plans come before any time goals. :P

Hoping to get Space 220 on Monday after the marathon!

I thought ADRs opened at 7am eastern time? Or was that fastpasses (may they rest in peace.)

ETA. I googled it. And apparently 5:45 is the "magic time" and it's the PHONE reservation system that opens at 7. Ugh. I did not want to get up that early on the weekend.

Yes. Eastern time. According to DTB, the online reservations resets/opens at "around" 5:45am. I don't think anything I'm looking for is going to be horribly booked up, but for the new space restaurant it might be worth the early wake-up refresh-fest.

I thought ADRs opened at 7am eastern time? Or was that fastpasses (may they rest in peace.)

ETA. I googled it. And apparently 5:45 is the "magic time" and it's the PHONE reservation system that opens at 7. Ugh. I did not want to get up that early on the weekend.

Yup, 5:45 eastern time. And for PW, my ADR 60-day window falls on Dec 25th. Good thing the kiddies get up at 4 to open presents :rotfl2:

i think we’ve been anticipating that just based on how close the weekend falls to NYE with schools still out and vacations ongoing.

That was part of my calculus, as well. The booked rooms seem to confirm it.

Fortunately (I guess), my only non-running goals are getting photos of the nighttime shows and having an over the top DATW celebration.

Last edited:
Are they opening up dining one 60+ day at a time now or is there just no dining res availability from 1/5-1/10?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently this is a known issue with Good Neighbor hotels and I'd need to sit through the 5+ hour wait time for the phone tree.

Magical :smickey:

Last edited:
I have to say, it was great seeing pictures on runDisney's twitter account this morning of people running through Epcot. Getting really excited for MW!
I was pretty dang excited yesterday when I saw pictures of the expo. I'm looking out for reports to see how the starting groups work, etc. It was also great to see videos of the MW medals. They looked gorgeous on the Parks blog write up, and they look even more so in the videos!

I can't tell you how happy I am to see all the Wine and Dine footage! This thing is really going to happen after all!!

A bit surprised about the crowd expectation, but I guess some schools will have the whole week after NY's off? My kids go back on Weds of that week. Guess I'm going to have to get the Genie plus after all!

Which begs the question - Where are people booking celebratory dinners?

I had originally planned on artist point to see dopey post my first Dopey run, but it's closed. Now thinking DS, maybe boat house or wine bar george.

I grabbed a Steakhouse 71 reservation to celebrate my first Dopey and first rundisney event. I'll be solo, which I initially was really excited to get a break from parenting, but lately I've been kinda bummed about it. Planning to try the burger everyone is raving about.

A couple of race course and expo questions from a Dopey newbie (have run the Disneyland Paris challenges twice though) :
- Expo: go at opening on Wednesday or later in the day? I've found that in Paris it's actually pretty much a walk-through if you go later.
- is it likely that something like Race Retreat will be organised for 2022?
- starting times at 5 AM for all races. What would be the time for the last runner to leave the starting area? In Paris there is quite a time difference between the first and last corral. Paris actually used the corral and mini wave system.
- I've looked for course maps, but cannot find any information on elevation. Now I am aware of the fact that the Orlando area doen not have natural hills :), but are there any steep flyovers, tunnels etc.? Just to be a bit more prepared!

A couple of race course and expo questions from a Dopey newbie (have run the Disneyland Paris challenges twice though) :
- Expo: go at opening on Wednesday or later in the day? I've found that in Paris it's actually pretty much a walk-through if you go later.
- is it likely that something like Race Retreat will be organised for 2022?
- starting times at 5 AM for all races. What would be the time for the last runner to leave the starting area? In Paris there is quite a time difference between the first and last corral. Paris actually used the corral and mini wave system.
- I've looked for course maps, but cannot find any information on elevation. Now I am aware of the fact that the Orlando area doen not have natural hills :), but are there any steep flyovers, tunnels etc.? Just to be a bit more prepared!

--If you want specific merchandise, then probably earlier, but if you just want your bib/shirts, then later in the day.
--My guess is that if there is a way for Disney to make money, then they will figure out a way to offer it. Whether it's worth it to you in that form is another question. In 2020 for Princess they offered a glorified parking lot experience (Covid)
--It can still take 45 minutes to an hour assuming equivalent volumes of runners and wave spacing.
--There are a couple of spots on the half/full courses to consider. For the half, there is one underpass near Contemporary where World Drive goes under Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake. There are also on/off-ramps. There is one from World Drive to Epcot Center Drive, and a little one when they loop you back towards Epcot. Of all these, the on-ramp to Epcot Center Drive would be the most challenging--it also comes later in the race, at around mile 10 or so.

For the full, same underpass and there used to be a nasty little off-ramp from World Drive to Buena Vista to head into Studios. But in 2020 they changed the course. Who knows if they will bring that back. The 2020 course was pretty flat.

If you look at someplace like Strava or Map my run, you will undoubtedly find the courses and be able to see elevations. IMO, the off-ramps were a nasty, but short piece of business. The one to Buena Vista used to be made more tolerable "fun" because Sarge and some green army men were there to make you move!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter