Marti & Paul & "Fritz" Rock!!!!!

UP Disney

Now known as Disney Yooper
Well, Marti and Paul's magic arrived in my mailbox in the UP today.

Steamboat Marti said:
We ran into the man that made us Grand Marshals in April and had a very nice chat with him. He even helped us to spread the magic - but I can't say more than that right now!

For those that don't know the story, my DD17 loves Tinkerbell because my dad called her that and started her collection before he passed away. She was very close to him and it was an unexpected death.

We were told last year when we called Disney before our trip that she could get Tinkerbells signature if we went to the guest service desk at Magic Kingdom. We got there and were told that was not the case. She was crushed. I think we both cried because it was that important.

So this year before our trip, I posted on the DDA asking for suggestions. It was one of my first posts on this board. I had a lot of wonderful people respond with ideas. Someone had Tink's signature on a picture that she scanned and posted for me to see what it looked like (so I could recreate if needed). Someone else posted saying that Tink is in the Disneyland parade and I might call there to get it. Others told me there is a rumor that the Disney Fairies will be the characters at the meal at 1900 Park Fare in the future. All of that was wonderful. But ... Marti & Paul topped it. They contacted me to tell me they were heading to Disney World for Marti's birthday and would see what they could do. It sounds like they went above & beyond in trying to get this to happen for my DD.

Today when my DD got off the bus there was an envelope waiting in the mailbox for her. She always gets the mail when she gets home. Today, I had checked it earlier in the day because I was working from home. I knew it was there so watched her come up the drive. She walked in the house and said "Mom, why would I get a package from New York?" I, of course, trying to play it cool and not smile "Said, what? A package from New York?" It was in a Mickey Mouse envelope. She showed me the address and I acted dumfounded. Told her I had no clue. I stood over her as she opened it acting concerned that she got some strange package.

When she opened it, she first saw a note from Tinkerbell that reads (I'll post pics later tonight):

"Dear Rebecca, I heard that you wanted my autograph, so I've enclosed a certificate for you. Love, Tinkerbelle"

Enclosed with that was a 50th Celebration certificate with Tinkerbell's signature!!!!!

She was teary eyed and said "Who would do this for me? Mom it says Disney friends on the certificate. It has to be someone you or Dad knows!" At that point, my smile slipped through and she could tell that I knew something about it. She is all smiles. She wants to get two nice frames (one for the certificate and one for the letter) to hang them on her wall.

She kept saying "But Mom they don't even know me!" I said "Becky, they don't really know me either but they are wonderful people who like to spread the magic of Disney".

We are working on our plans to spread the magic. I'll be posting a note on our regular thread asking if anyone needs some magic when we go the first week of March. Becky also would love to the spread the magic.

Paul & Marti, you are awesome people. You brought tears to my eyes when you offered to do this for me and you brought tears to my eyes when I saw my DD so happy. Thank you just can't express what I'm feeling!!!!!

Now, it is my turn to spread the magic. Love, Vicki

P.S. Becky can't believe Marti did this on her birthday. She says to say Happy Birthday to Marti and Happy Valentines to the three of you.

I'm absolutely in tears. That is just awesome. I'm so happy for you and your DD to have something that means so much to you both. And, Paul and Marti are most definitely Disney angels sent by God to spread love and PD! We are so blessed to "know" them!

Thanks for posting such a lovely and heartwarming story!

Here is a pic of the certificate and letter. They are awesome. We will get frames for them tomorrow.

Magic.jpg

Here are her Tinkerbell shelves (there is more in the room but this is the main area). Dad bought her the first Tink doll and died before he could give it to her. She got it under the tree on Christmas from my mom as a "Thinking of You" gift. It is in the case on the far right with pictures of my mom & dad around it. Mom continues the "Thinking of You" gifts every year. He called my oldest TwinkleToes and she gets ballerina dolls & fancy decorative shoes every year.

TinkShelves.jpg

The teddy bear on the top shelf is "William" (my dad's name). He has angel wings and is dressed in construction stuff because my dad worked for the MI Dept. of Transportation. The note on the far right is a note he had written to her.

End of my long posts!!! Thanks for listening.

If anybody ever asks "why did you spend time on your birthday and on your vacation to help somebody else" please read the above posts. That's what it is all about.

I am in tears while reading this! This is EXACTLY why I love the DDA. Who says we have to actually meet before doing nice things for each other. This group of people is ALL about doing nice things for people they've never met.

I can't wait until we have the dates for our June DL trip firmed up, then I can offer PD for anyone that needs it. I feel like it's my turn to pay it forward for all the wonderful things people have done for me!

Marti and Paul, you guys ROCK!

This is an awesome story!! I am crying!

This is what the DDA is all about!!!!

Marti and Paul do rock!

I remembered one more thing. My dad retired in June the year he died. He told me that if I hadn't taken my DD's to Disney World by the next summer, he was taking them!!!! He was really looking forward to that Disney trip. He took us kids in 1976 and really wanted to go back especially to see Epcot. He loved his girls (my DD's) and wanted to share the magic with them. My DD20's senior year, we were finally healed enough to fulfill our promise to take them to Disney. This March will be our third year in a row. So ... I owe my Disneymania to my dad.

Tears are streaming down my cheeks. I am so happy for you and your DD.

Way to go, Paul and Marti!!!

What a great story and a wonderful act of kindness!! You ALL inspire me!!

:rainbow:

Wow, Marti and Paul that is such an awesome thing that you did. I was actually sobbing. I hope dh didn't hear me or he'd think that I really lost my mind. I actually had to get a tissue and I can't remember the last time I read such a touching story. You must be part of the Disney family because like Disney you make dreams come true.

Bless you both
Deb

I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face. What a beautiful story. Marti & Paul must be feeling so wonderful about life right now. To make a child happy is about the best gift that anyone can give.
Penny

I just wanted to add that the tears are flowing here also. Way to go Marti and Paul and everyone else on the DDA. Everyone here is so giving and that is what makes the DDA so special.

Thanks for being my online friends.

I'm so gald that Tinkerbell's autograph was finally found! I was the one with the idea to get it from Disneyland. But this is so way better. This is just wonderful. :grouphug:

Marti & Paul, what a wonderful thing to do :goodvibes

marti and paul,
what a thoughtful thing you did. it makes me glad i found this forum and the dda threads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter