• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Simba's Mom, I cannot answer your question (I truly hope that your Mom stays healthy.) We returned from WDW yesterday. My daughter got a rapid test (don't know all the details but it took 4 hrs and, altho her test was negative, she was told to remain 'quarantined' for another 48 hours. I think she said it had to do with that symptoms can take that long to begin.)

anyone in my are of Ma? western MA? we will land back in MA after our trip on OCt 4th and will also need to be tested. Wondering what places have the quickest turnaround.

I've got a concern about the quarantine in MA, wondering if there's any exemption, but I doubt it. The situation is that Mom is 88 yo (resident of MA), and I'm the only family member, living in TX. If something happens to her (I hesitate to say it, but the reality is....), would I still have to quarantine for 14 days entering MA, or is there any exemption? I'd probably just be out of luck, so Mom better stay healthy! But since this has been a concern of mine, I finally decided to ask. Anyone have ideas?
If you were to get tested in TX within 72 hours of your travel to MA and were negative then you do not have to quarantine. But it has to be the PCR test not the rapid antigen one.

momtwoboys, since requirements and rules change so often and you will not need a test 'til Oct. 4th, you may want to wait and see what will be necessary closer to your return.

momtwoboys, since requirements and rules change so often and you will not need a test 'til Oct. 4th, you may want to wait and see what will be necessary closer to your return.
true! our dates are sept 24th-oct4th and I'm sure before we head back to work we would still need a test. Hope the turnaround is quick!

As you may know, yesterday I returned to MA from a 10-day trip to WDW. We (daughter, 10 yo granddaughter and me) spent the first three nights in a lake-view 1 bdrm at BLT and the rest of the vac in a standard 1 bdrm at Boardwalk Villas. At BLT, we were in the section that has the elevators that go to the Top of the World Lounge (temporarily closed due to COVID*.) That side is far away from the community room, the bridge, the pool and the Contemporary Resort. The room was fabulous (love having 2 bathrooms!) It is always a plus to be able to walk to the Magic Kingdom. At MK on Thursday, we were able to walk onto many of the rides or there would be a 5-10 min wait (except 7 Dwarfs Mine Train; I think it was a 25 min wait.) Cast members were helpful, friendly and efficient. The majority of food carts were closed and some of the retail shops and restaurants were also closed*. Open shops had designated doors for entering and exiting. We had lunch at The Plaza Restaurant (we had ADRs which I think were needed because I saw guests being turned away.) There were a few character sightings: some of the princesses were on floats from the castle to the start of Main Street (there are gates near the barber shop where the performers/floats enter when finished); Mickey, Minnie and a few others stood waving to us from the top of the (closed) stairs where the train station is located (train ride was closed); and Piglet and EEyore were waving from the porch outside the Crystal Palace*. I returned to BLT and the kids stayed for a few more hours. We returned to MK the following day and were surprised to see that there were lots more guests compare to the previous day and the wait times for attractions were longer, too. Surprisingly, some of the CMs were impatient and curt (don't know what happened since the previous day!) We left the park to eat lunch because we did not have ADRs and it was hot and humid so we wanted to take a break. Oh! I should mention that folks were wearing masks but not doing much "social distancing" in the park. Disney had designated spots for us to use while standing in lines and most folks did use the guides. There were fewer Photo Pass photographers (first time I visited when at least one wasn't available in the area just past the ticket area but before you pass under the train station to get to Main St.)
(I'll write more later. . . )

Great news, han22735! My daughter was negative, too. I have not tested; I am in quarantine, so far. Earlier today, I did look into testing near me since I'd like to go out sooner than 14 days.

Hi, folks! Sorry it's taken so long for me to post addl. info related to my trip. I'll just mention a couple of things that I feel may be of interest to anyone planning to visit WDW soon. For the most part, I was impressed with the protective measures in place throughout the resorts and the parks. Altho I didn't notice many of the washing stations they indicated were installed (saw 1 near the entrance to in MK just before Main St USA) and a couple more in AK and 1 in HS, there were many, many hand sanitizers spread throughout the World. (And folks were using them regularly since at least 20% of them were empty so they need to be refilled more often.) The resorts we stayed in or visited (BW, BC, BLT and Contemporary) were definitely not crowded. I found that BC was especially 'empty'. For example, we walked to BC from BW 2x and rarely saw other people until we arrived at Beaches & Cream. It was surreal to walk from the lobby all the way to B&C w/o seeing another person. HS was the busiest park and AK was the least busy. We walked onto most of the rides at AK.

Just recalled another thing that I wanted to share: Character Warehouse at Orlando Premium Mall was not open although the mall itself - and most of the stores - was open. When I checked online to see if the mall was open, I should have checked on the specific store. Even the stores that were open had shortened hours though. I think most stores opened at 11 AM. On a separate note, We did visit the World of Disney Store and a few other shops in Disney Springs as well as the gift shops at our resorts and, while I know that sticker prices are historically high in those places, I was shocked at many of the prices. Average sweatshirt cost was $70; average tee (sleeveless or not) was $35. To me there was nothing special about them. I'd guess that the markup is at least 300%. We did buy a couple of toys (overpriced) and ears (on sale) but did not purchase as many items as we usually do.

Wanted to share a bit of Disney magic . . . we visited EPCOT on one of our park days. It was very hot and humid on that day. I was able to ride Soarin' 3x (altho CMs did not allow riders to take a short route to ride again as they did on FOP. We had to exit and start over. It was not crowded.) The kids wanted to go to Finding Nemo next. I decided to sit in a shady spot and wait for them. (I read my ebook for awhile.) After about 15 mins, a CM walked over to me (he was manning a refreshment cart) to ask if I was OK. "Yes," I replied, "I am waiting for my kids to finish Nemo. Thanks for checking on me." Next thing, he hands me a cold Dasani; says it's "on Mickey" because he wanted to make sure that I could cool off. Needless to say, I was thankful (did I mention that it was hot?) ;-D The kids came out to tell me that they wanted to go back in to see sharks. I decided to stay put. Again, while I was waiting, a guest stopped by me to ask if I was OK. I assured her that I was and thanked her. When the kids returned, I mentioned these things to her and she said that I was quite flushed so maybe that was why folks were concerned. I thought that it was nice that not only a CM provided pixie dust but another guest showed concern for a stranger. Anyway, we proceeded to Test Track (short wait.)

Last edited:
Nice, a MA thread, we're from western Ma, own ssr and okw, heading down to okw for 15nights end of Jan, First time in 30years no parks.

Can you make room for a DVC'er from R.I.? I mean y'all use our airport because it beats the heck out of that crazy Logan. Also, my husband is from 'Wustah' - born, bred and schooled. And, let's not kid, we're too small for our own group but we do have those beaches (with all those MASS plates).
OKW since 1993. We cancelled 3 trips this summer and are currently scheduled for 10 days in January for a use or lose the points trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter