• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Holy Moly! I just had to share this news . . . A short time ago, I recvd an email from my broker. He told me that a contract I wanted to buy (BLT) passed ROFR. If I hadn't been sitting down, I may have fallen down. It was just submitted to Disney on Monday (Yes! 4 days ago.) I've never heard of such a short turnaround. Happy Thanksgiving for sure.

Holy Moly! I just had to share this news . . . A short time ago, I recvd an email from my broker. He told me that a contract I wanted to buy (BLT) passed ROFR. If I hadn't been sitting down, I may have fallen down. It was just submitted to Disney on Monday (Yes! 4 days ago.) I've never heard of such a short turnaround. Happy Thanksgiving for sure.
Congrats! Disney just isn't buying points back now unless they know they have a buyer waiting for them. Of course now you're probably scratching your head wondering how low you could have gone, LOL.

Enjoy!

(Cindy) twinklebug, actually I lost a BLT contract to Disney last month. I was notified about 3 weeks after submission and, at that time, the broker told me that they seemed to be buying a lot of BLT. Anyway, I am wicked happy. Guess this will be my Christmas present (and then some. LOL!) Thanks.

(Cindy) twinklebug, actually I lost a BLT contract to Disney last month. I was notified about 3 weeks after submission and, at that time, the broker told me that they seemed to be buying a lot of BLT. Anyway, I am wicked happy. Guess this will be my Christmas present (and then some. LOL!) Thanks.

Oh, y'know what? With the 50th and presumed huge gathering/fireworks and shows they should be planning throughout the year that follows, I'm betting there may be a ton of people who want that easy access and view.

Still, I wonder how low can we go? Wishing I had some money just sitting around to buy more points.

Oh, y'know what? With the 50th and presumed huge gathering/fireworks and shows they should be planning throughout the year that follows, I'm betting there may be a ton of people who want that easy access and view.

Still, I wonder how low can we go? Wishing I had some money just sitting around to buy more points.
I know what you mean, Cindy. I think this may be the last DVC purchase I make (since this new contract expires in 2060, i doubt that I'll be around then. But, just in case, I'll have the points to use. LOL!)

Back from a week at WDW. Flew Southwest PVD-MCO- both times flights were about half full (flight home probably only had 20 people). Planes were super clean (our flight down was a new plane). Went to the Maingate testing site on Wednesday (arrived at 7:20 and was out by 8:50). Line wasn't too long when we got there but it grew quickly. (Both rapid and PCR negative). We are testing again today in Brockton (was going to go to Framingham but luckily I checked the city's website and it moved to yesterday bc of the holiday- nothing noted on the stop the spread site!)

We stayed 2 nights at Beach Club and 4 nights at Riviera. Riviera is absolutely beautiful and would love to stay again. Overall we had a great time- we got up early each morning and was at the parks before opening so that definitely helped knock out the big rides with less waits. We did pool time in the afternoon and then back to the parks at night until close- wait times pretty low or walk on. Definitely missed park hopping especially since we were so close to Epcot. Glad it is returning for our next trip in February. And of course since it's 2020 and nothing can go smoothly, our dog slipped down our deck stairs on Wednesday night (luckily we have a vet tech as a pet sitter so she knew it was serious) so he had to go to the Tufts emergency. His knee is very swollen but luckily no breaks- but it was a rough 36 hours being so far away; we ended up taking an earlier flight home- that was rough taking the magical express at 4:25 am!

We were down at WDW last week and were tested at the Maingate facility. Our wait was a little longer. Showed up at 11:00 done at 12:50. I think more people were ther to get tested for holiday travel. We were negative on both tests too. We drove down, not much traffic either way.

We just returned from WDW via Bradley. Just wanted to report that the testing site there was super quick and efficient. We did pre-register so that does make it go quicker. Now to just wait for our results. They did say 72 hrs to receive our email.

Anyone else use this location recently? Was it the full 72 hrs for results. I though I read someone mentioning getting them back in 24 hrs.

Have anyone been flying through Logan lately? Wondering how the main areas, TSA and Jetblue terminals look as well as the baggage carousel.

Last time I flew through BOS I recall some of the areas were small and overcrowded. (JB terminal and tsa)

Have anyone been flying through Logan lately? Wondering how the main areas, TSA and Jetblue terminals look as well as the baggage carousel.

Last time I flew through BOS I recall some of the areas were small and overcrowded. (JB terminal and tsa)

Flew out of Logan on 11/11, back on 11/23. No crowding issue with the airport, however the return Jetblue flight was another matter... Saw at least 3 people with nose out, one of them has the nose out the entire flight. Flight crew did not say a thing ...

Wife and I, in Tewksbury, are members since 2015. SSR and VWL 150 points each.

Next trip is in late April, Hopefully. Then again late Sept into October for the 50th Anniversary. Then Either Dec or February.

Wife and I, in Tewksbury, are members since 2015. SSR and VWL 150 points each.

Next trip is in late April, Hopefully. Then again late Sept into October for the 50th Anniversary. Then Either Dec or February.
Welcome, dayper!

A couple of weeks ago, I was supposed to go to Vero Beach for 6 days. Due to a family emergency, I had to cancel 2 days before we were due to arrive. It would have been my first stay at VB. Hoping to reschedule a new trip sometime in 2021. BTW, I was pleasantly surprised that my points were returned to my account.

A couple of weeks ago, I was supposed to go to Vero Beach for 6 days. Due to a family emergency, I had to cancel 2 days before we were due to arrive. It would have been my first stay at VB. Hoping to reschedule a new trip sometime in 2021. BTW, I was pleasantly surprised that my points were returned to my account.
I'm sorry to hear about the family emergency. I hope all are well.

It's nice when things work out the way they should without fighting for it. Sad that outside of this year's issues we're living in a time where we usually need to don our boxing gloves for some help.

Thank you, twinklebug: things are better now. I agree that it seems much more difficult to get satisfaction when dealing with some customer "service" reps. Sadly, customer service seems to be a bygone thing in too many businesses. Although, thankfully, I have had some excellent interactions with some businesses lately so, hopefully, service will be back in all the plans again.

Heading down for two weeks end of Jan and planning to use either Instacart or Walmart for groceries any tips like which Walmart store to order from, two are close to Dis. Was supposed to have multiple kid and grand kids coming and going, now only wife and me and no parks. She's still a little worried about the flying part of the trip with things spiking but we're going. Thanks

Lost boy, Since I've never ordered groceries (I always visit a market - Publix or Winn Dixie), I can't offer any advice. However, I am going to WDW on Sat. and, while I am a bit worried about traveling, I plan to go, too. (Kids & grandkids are arriving on Mon.)

Heading down for two weeks end of Jan and planning to use either Instacart or Walmart for groceries any tips like which Walmart store to order from, two are close to Dis. Was supposed to have multiple kid and grand kids coming and going, now only wife and me and no parks. She's still a little worried about the flying part of the trip with things spiking but we're going. Thanks
I always usually order from Publix via Instacart. Super Easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter