May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly -

You are the ONLY one giving him the right advice. You should only do that stuff if it does not hurt anymore.
Thanks John. I think Tyler believes me over the others anyway because lying in bed tonight when we did his bedtime book and songs, he just kept staring at me and told me, "Mom, thanks for helping me in the car". It about broke my heart. I know it's a stupid thing to feel bad for him about, but I could tell how freaked out he was. And I remember very clearly how creepy it felt to me when my teeth did that as a kid.

OK, got through 10 pages (1485) but must find food and unpack stuff so I'll have something to wear to work tomorrow....provided cold in nose allows me to get out of bed!

Just popping in to say hello - I don't think that I have posted on the thread since spring but I have been trying to keep up when I can. There are six of us going on the cruise. It will be myself (Liz), my best friend (Kelley), her husband (Brett), the kids(my godchildren) Jessie-14, Abbey-9, Mason-will turn 1 on the cruise.

We are staying at WDW for two nights pre-cruise and at the Grand Californian for three nights post-cruise. I was on the 2005 Westbound PC crossing and can't wait to do it again!

Liz

Liz, nice to 'see' you again. I think once school is back in session and vacations are over, we'll see more folks popping in. Your WDW/DLR plans sound wonderful.

We will be joining everyone on this cruise
me 17 i will be 18 at cruise time
sister 16 will be 17 at cruise time
my dad
my mom
i dont know what room number but we are on deck 7
and 2nd dinner seating :]
IM SOOOOO EXCITED! because some of my friends from my jan. cruise will be on this!!

Welcome Paige! The more the merrier! pirate:

Someone asked about WHEN cabins went to GTY. It is at a certain percentage of sell-out of specific catagory, I've been told by a DCL CM. So being unable to get a specific cabin # and being given GTY status doesn't necessarily mean you cat is fully booked (although it could mean that...like if you were booking now for this cruise).

....ok, must search for food.

Man . . . do I have a LOT of catching up to do . . . we are back from NYC, I took my laptop, but there was no free Wi-Fi, and no time even if I could find it. We were go, go, go, all the time.

We had a great time, and I will try and share some pictures later, when I download them into the computer. We are really worn out, and even though it was exciting and fun, glad to be back home!

Welcome home.
Did you post a picture a while back of your son in England at the place where Harry Potter and friends get on the train? I am not a Harry Potter reader, although I do know how the new book ends because my room mate on the mission trip told me all about it and I read the last two chapters over her shoulder on the flight home. But since she is, I was telling her about that picture and now I do not know where to find it. Any idea what post it was?

Jan :earsgirl:

Welcome home.
Did you post a picture a while back of your son in England at the place where Harry Potter and friends get on the train? I am not a Harry Potter reader, although I do know how the new book ends because my room mate on the mission trip told me all about it and I read the last two chapters over her shoulder on the flight home. But since she is, I was telling her about that picture and now I do not know where to find it. Any idea what post it was?

One more post . . .

Nope, but here it is again . . .

20420s_cross.jpg

To John H, Vanessa and Angie,

Hello from an old friend. Probably won't be cruising again until 09. Have a trip to WDW in Feb 08 with Wendy......Hope all is well with you.

Oh my gosh, you're here again?! :rotfl: I've created a monster! :lmao:

But seriously...I don't know if any kids are coming. Lillygator (Vanessa) is keeping a list, so she'd know. And she has the details. I can't remember anything other than it's a really bumpy ride in spots.

YES, its your fault I havent left the computer all day and have gotten nothing done :rotfl:

V-have you ever heard of Dream Dinners (www.dreamdinners.com) or super suppers (www.supersuppers.com)? Basically you go there and prepare 12, six serving meals that you then take home, freeze and thaw out when you're ready to cook them. When you go to prepare your food, they have stations where the recipe is listed and all the fresh ingredients are already cut, diced, etc. there for you...all you have to do is measure, prepare and put it in the container and slap an instruction label on it. It costs around $200 and the times I went, I split my meals into two containers so I came home with almost 24 meals. They taste much better than frozen dinners and it's great to have it all ready to cook...something to check out if you're household is busy!!!

I just tried a place called Dinner A'Fare 2 2 weeks ago. A friend and I split the 12 meals for 3 meal package. So for $75 each we got 6 meals for 3 people. So far we have tried 3 of them and liked them. And the portions are really generous.

I enjoyed the Luxor as well - I try and hit a different hotel each time I go, but the last few we were lucky and stayed at the Venetian with friends. I really loved "RED SQUARE" I cannot for the life of me remember which hotel it is in, but they have a bar that has a frozen top to set your drinks down to keep them cool. China Gate restaurant is in the same hotel...

We were lucky and saw "LOVE" last trip - AMAZING show! Have a GREAT TIME!

Mandalay Bay has Red Square. We like the Shark Reef there.

We like Luxor too - but we warned some rooms are really far from the "Slantavators." We stayed in a suite in one of the "corners" one time and it was exactly opposite of the elevators. Mighty long walk at the end of the day.

We love the Rio too - love the brunch buffet there. And Penn & Teller's show too.

I wonder if getting something over there would be better for the bugs over there than buying something here.

We have had no trouble with bugs anywhere. The ship leaves Castaway Cay at 5 because that is when the MOSQUITOES come out with a vengence. We have been to St. Thomas, St. Martin, Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Nassau with no bug problems at all. I spent a week on Cozumel last month and had no bug bites. We were out all hours of the day and still no bugs. Some had a few bites though, so maybe I am lucky.

I took a bottle of Avon's Skin So Soft Bath Oil and people slathered that on. For some reason the bugs hate it and people think each other smell pretty good.

Nanette,

There is no way I am getting on a horse, lol. Haven't done that since I was a kidding with with my cousins for the summer when I was 6.

This xmas is going to be light on the gift giving. I tend to go overboard so I will have to keep myself in check. The girls will be getting Disney Dollars and probably stuff for they can use on the trip and some art supplies. They have too many toys as it is. John - I'll get him cruise clothes and probably a new grill, he needs one bad!

For the family, I would like to do something together instead of all the adults buying gifts. We all have everything we need and we just end up with more dust collectors. I need to come up with something and get everyone on board!

How about everyone chips in and in honor of the family or the grandparents you all make a donation to a charity everyone favors? Our families each choose a kid from an Angel Tree at church or in the community and make those purchases in honor of the rest of the family.

When Josh and I pulled into the port of Los Angeles, we took a rental car to one of the close rental car places. It was less than $20 I think. Then we drove to DL.

Lisa- it’s not a bad deal then- 6 servings from each entrée is pretty good. The one by me seems to offer times when there’s no minimum too.. so I could try out 1-2 entrees and see how we like them.

Aren't they closed on Sunday though:confused: That's what I wanted to do but I can't find one open....which rental car place did you use and was it on a Sunday?

Oooooh! I checked out the sites and we have a Dream Dinners in our city! I had never heard of it, but it looks like a great idea. And they have an introductory offer of 3 meals of 6 servings each for $49.50 total. I'm going to try to do a session on 8/30, depending on how much the electrician is going to cost me to put in an outlet to plug in my water heater. :sad2: That mess should be all over with this week.

I actually like the menus at dream dinners better...I don't know why...but super suppers is convenient in many ways for me including its less that a mile from my house;)

so potty training is going well...I am excited at the thought yet really saddened. My family is not large nor DH's and he has always expected a team of some sort. I would love about 3 more children but, wow, finances don't agree!!

I was very happy when there were no more battles and diapers...they get more fun as they get older. Our last trip to DL last summer we had no bottles, diapers and best of all no stoller they walked all day non-stop for two days until midnight. My feet were killing me and my little ones didn't complain once they were so happy to be there. Life is so much better without diapers...and cheaper;)

Nanette,

There is no way I am getting on a horse, lol. Haven't done that since I was a kidding with with my cousins for the summer when I was 6.

okay, who was it that said they ride and will ride with Molly? Was it your sister????

I got my Disney.com UPS box :banana: :banana: :banana:

I got DIS lime shirts for DH & I and tried to get 2 for the kids, but....they sent me an email telling me they ran out and could only ship 1. OKAY who gets it? Now I'm in the hunt for 1 DIS Mickey shirt.

Also got the postcards outfits for all of us. (okay, and a tshirt and shorts for me and 3 mickey polos for Molly, she can wear them as their uniform shirts to school)

To John H, Vanessa and Angie,

Hello from an old friend. Probably won't be cruising again until 09. Have a trip to WDW in Feb 08 with Wendy......Hope all is well with you.

JORDAN!!!! Join us in Jan 09! We will all be at DL May 25 and 26, come visit us! :grouphug:

YES, its your fault I havent left the computer all day and have gotten nothing done :rotfl:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh, don't worry! Won't take too long before you learn to just skim through reading quickly and typing like the wind to ones you want to reply to. And another little secret is just go about your normal day, but just pop in every so often and speed-read through what you've missed. Or get Tom involved and have him take turns with you and you can keep each other updated on whatever you've missed! Yeah, he'd think we're all nuts! But tell him a few husbands do actually post here (well, primarily one....but a couple others pop in now and then).

Here's some excursion info that was posted on the EB thread.....hope they don't mind me helping myself!
Puerto Vallarta

Excursions:

Tropical Rainforest by Horseback (6.5 hours)
Meeting Time: 9:10am
Your unforgettable day starts with a 45 minute ride to the village of Las ...........................................on a pirate show with fun contests for you to take part in.
Price: $62.00 (ages 10 and up), $52.00 (ages 3 - 9)

How do the EB people know what the excursions will be and we don't? Our events and itinerary should be planned before theirs.

What a chatty day you all had today! :rotfl2:

I'm off to sleep, so continue the chats & I'll catch up tomorrow. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter