May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read what you said Deb, but I agree with this here. I could never lie about such a thing. My sister knows how I felt about her ex. I have too much of a poker face.

We are packing - getting up really early tomorrow for our 8:00 flight.

Blech!

Have a great time!

I am SOOOOO GOOD at Don't Forget the Lyrics, Wheel of Fortune and Family Fued......Jeopardy....not so much, well, when it's preK night!

And John adn I would ROCK at Supermarket Sweep!

Yes Deb,

I would do anything for Sophia, BUT . . . am I really doing the good and right thing if I lie to her? That is what I would be asking myself. If the guy is bad for her and her life, and it is evident to me - no way I could lie about that, because the lie is more harmful than the truth.

Ok, that's an excellent point that no one could argue with. I'm really going to have to think about this a lot and talk to John and then decide.

Thanks John! I value your perspective!

The strangest part is....that I don't lie....the most important things my mother taught me was honesty and respect. They're both ingrained in me. I'm the type of person that would hurt someone because I told the truth. That's how far out there I would go for John and Sandi.

But maybe mom was always right and so are you John that the lie is more harmful than the truth. I wonder what Sandi would think. Either way I have to mend the fence.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Ok, that's an excellent point that no one could argue with. I'm really going to have to think about this a lot and talk to John and then decide.

The strangest part is....that I don't lie....the most important things my mother taught me was honesty and respect. They're both ingrained in me. I'm the type of person that would hurt someone because I told the truth. That's how far out there I would go for John and Sandi.

But maybe mom was always right and so is John that the lie is more harmful than the truth. I wonder what Sandi would think. Either way I have to mend the fence.

Do you think Sandi would believe that you had a total turnaround?

But maybe mom was always right and so are you John that the lie is more harmful than the truth. I wonder what Sandi would think. Either way I have to mend the fence.

If I told my DD that I liked her husband she would have me committed!

Deb go listen to it - brings back lots of memories for us old folk!

I just listened to it.....WOW does it bring back memories.....especially now that it's past 2000, some things are already true.....what a great flashback!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Still snowing in DC!! It has snowed all day. I think Vanessa thinks she is back in Norway!!

We have about 3 inches....not sure how much more during the night. It is so cold out. I think it is 22 degrees and feels like 14 degrees.

Good night, these cold days make me want to go to bed

Maybe it's only yesterday....

Thanks John, did you look that up? Otherwise you should be on Don't Forget The Lyrics....I love that show.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Google is a wonderful thing . . .:thumbsup2

Absolutely mend the fence! Just don't compromise your values to do it. I agree wholeheartedly with your mom Deb, and though the truth is sometimes a bitter medicine, it is the only thing that can cure. A lie always has the potential to poison.

Some day she may come to her senses, and realize you were right. Tell her you love her, and you want the best for her, but how hard it is for you to see that in the current situation she is in. It is her life, and you will accept her choices, but that does not mean you have to agree with them. The mistake I think some people make is that the other person thinks that love is contingent on that acceptance, and that you or John will stop loving her because of the choice. If your's and John's love for her is unconditional, she should accept that.

She should also appreciate your honesty and concern.

Still snowing in DC!! It has snowed all day. I think Vanessa thinks she is back in Norway!!

We have about 3 inches....not sure how much more during the night. It is so cold out. I think it is 22 degrees and feels like 14 degrees.

Good night, these cold days make me want to go to bed

It stopped here in the early afternoon Lisa, so clear skies probably coming your way. We got 3-4 inches before it stopped. Good getting out of town weather!

I need to go to bed too!

My dress came today....the one I'm going to wear on formal night for this cruise. I bought it two sizes smaller than what I wear now in the hopes that it will fit perfectly in 5 months. It's really pretty. It's a teal color with a black net overlay in a simple sleveless A-line style. I love it. I'm already thinking about hair and jewelry to go with the look.

:cutie: :cutie: :cutie:

My dress came today....the one I'm going to wear on formal night for this cruise. I bought it two sizes smaller than what I wear now in the hopes that it will fit perfectly in 5 months. It's really pretty. It's a teal color with a black net overlay in a simple sleveless A-line style. I love it. I'm already thinking about hair and jewelry to go with the look.

:cutie: :cutie: :cutie:

Sounds pretty! I will probably wear one that I already have. It's not like I wear them that much but it does look funny having the formal pixs from every year in the same formals.

Google is a wonderful thing . . .:thumbsup2

Absolutely mend the fence! Just don't compromise your values to do it. I agree wholeheartedly with your mom Deb, and though the truth is sometimes a bitter medicine, it is the only thing that can cure. A lie always has the potential to poison.

Some day she may come to her senses, and realize you were right. Tell her you love her, and you want the best for her, but how hard it is for you to see that in the current situation she is in. It is her life, and you will accept her choices, but that does not mean you have to agree with them. The mistake I think some people make is that the other person thinks that love is contingent on that acceptance, and that you or John will stop loving her because of the choice. If your's and John's love for her is unconditional, she should accept that.

She should also appreciate your honesty and concern.

So we'll just have to agree to disagree....then move on! I can do that!

:flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

Off to bed.

Hard to believe we will be at WDW tomorrow.

Downloading Stephen King's "The Green Mile" to listen to from Audible.

Good night guys - I will post if I can, but I may be having too much fun! I talked myself into taking the computer. This is why I wish I had an iPhone!

Goodnight Lisa.

Goodnight John, thanks so much....get off safely and have a blast!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Sounds pretty! I will probably wear one that I already have. It's not like I wear them that much but it does look funny having the formal pixs from every year in the same formals.

Yea, I always try to have a different one in each picture. Plus I have the change of size thing, so nothing else will fit in May....if all continues the way it is now.

Holly - you are quiet tonight, are you ok?
Yup. Just lots of stress. Not much to say. And watching a good movie on the Lifetime channel. :thumbsup2 Lots of thinking....after reading that Skylarr is in Miami, it's making me think of my great uncle a bit. He's 80 or 81 and the last time I saw him was in May when he was here in Michigan visiting my mom and she brought him to town for Tyler's birthday party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter