May 18th, 2024 - May 25th, 2024 Disney Dream - DVC Member's Cruise

UPDATE: The magic is real!!!! I just got a call from DVC saying they've moved me to the connecting cabins!!! Thanks for everybody who expressed concern, and if someone in this group made this happen behind the scenes, I can't thank you enough!!
Congratulations that’s great news! As I mentioned in my post above our waitlist for a 5A just came through so it looks like they’re doing some changes/getting cancellations through now!

Not sure if you’re still on the waitlist for a 7A but we were originally booked in a 7A and decided to try and change to a 5A, our waitlist just came through so I’ve changed rooms and our 7A will now be available.
That's great! Yes, still on the wait-list for 7A. There may be people ahead of me. I wonder if it's worth calling them proactively... 🤔

That's great! Yes, still on the wait-list for 7A. There may be people ahead of me. I wonder if it's worth calling them proactively... 🤔
I think DCL still need to manually change us to the new room. We’ve accepted the waitlist and paid the extra, had an email confirming we’re now category 5A but on the DCL app our old room numbers still showing, so until they change us over I guess maybe our 7A isn’t showing as available. I’ll update when the new room number shows and then it might be worth calling member services at that point (or maybe your waitlist will come through then!)

We just got off the Wish for the 2023 MC. They compiled all 4 nights of swag into a "swag bag". Jen LaForge has a good summary of what was in it if you were interested. We thought it was a good idea but it might've been a one-off, who knows if the "shorter" cruise made a difference. The note they gave us informed us that DVC didn't want us spending time in our cabin packing away all the swag when the last night was crammed with special programming.
I do like the idea of a "swag bag"!

Has anyone booked a hotel near the Barcelona cruise port to go in a day early ?

Our room numbers changed now (although strangely not to the number they told us it would be, but still a category 5A!) so might be worth calling them to check on the 7A? :)
So, I never did call Member Services about the 7A becoming available, but actually they contacted me! And I got the 7A in aft, which if our favorite location. Nice to save the money over the 5B we had booked previously because we really aren't in the room much but do like some fresh air occasionally.

We're on the port side now, used to be starboard, I had chosen the latter originally because I thought maybe we'd get views of the coastline or have better views in port, but from what I've read it doesn't really matter. Anyone on here have experience sailing in the Mediterranean and can share? Just curious.

So, I never did call Member Services about the 7A becoming available, but actually they contacted me! And I got the 7A in aft, which if our favorite location. Nice to save the money over the 5B we had booked previously because we really aren't in the room much but do like some fresh air occasionally.
Glad you got it :) we were originally going to be 8th floor aft so I wonder if you got our room?

Are member cruises jam packed with special presentations on port days? It would be my first member cruise but also first trip overseas. I’m conflicted as I want to see the sites but don’t want to miss any of the member fun.

Are member cruises jam packed with special presentations on port days? It would be my first member cruise but also first trip overseas. I’m conflicted as I want to see the sites but don’t want to miss any of the member fun.
Usually not - any DVC MC presentation will be around port hours. the exception might be Nassau or Castaway where there might be a repeat in the afternoon. Yiu will find presentations late evening after the shows, or possibly one in the morning if a port arrival is noon or so, this allows special guests time in the ports as well.

Usually not - any DVC MC presentation will be around port hours. the exception might be Nassau or Castaway where there might be a repeat in the afternoon. Yiu will find presentations late evening after the shows, or possibly one in the morning if a port arrival is noon or so, this allows special guests time in the ports as well.
I agree with you, especially because we will have 2 full days at sea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter