May 2013 Car Rental - Best deals?

Just rebooked my Alamo it dropped $50 from last night, I am at $128 for 5/25-6/1. Now I'm closer to the SOG deal so I may not have to deal with the headache of a possible canceled reservation for showing up the next day. :)

If you go to the first page of the Alamo website and click on "Deal Retriever" it has a free day code on rentals 5+ days and a Saturday keep. It saved me another 5 dollars over the visa code I found on this thread.:yay:

I got my 3 day rental down another $10 today. I logged into Alamo insiders plus added the $15 off coupon code from Entertainment Book. We now have 5/18-21 for $42.22 including all taxes and fees :thumbsup2

I guess this made my decision on whether to rent a car or get groceries delivered.

Question for those of you who've used Entertainment discounts. I have a card from my book. Is that all I need to bring when I use the electronic coupons?

I used contract code 5760339 and coupon code ND9334SND with National and I'm extremely happy with the rates I've found. I ended up booking a standard size car from May 8-21 with pick-up at Shades of Green and drop-off at MCO for a grand total of $149.04! The discount code is from Carlson Travel and I found it on fatwallet.com. Hope this helps others, too!

Which car companies have the aisles where you can choose your own car??

I'm jealous of your prices doing down. I have a mini van with Budget, but I am not sure if the price will hold up. I used that $40 coupon to book it a while back, think it was Travelocity?

I just did the Dollar city special, but I really wanted the 2nd driver (spouse) for free with Budget.

I'm jealous of your prices doing down. I have a mini van with Budget, but I am not sure if the price will hold up. I used that $40 coupon to book it a while back, think it was Travelocity?

I just did the Dollar city special, but I really wanted the 2nd driver (spouse) for free with Budget.

Whats your dates and times? I'll see if I can help.
Costco member?

You can check my dates if you wish, we need a minivan and out rate out the door is $395.00. It at National with the KLM code and a $30 cpn.

Our dates are 5/4 @ 9:30am (yea! Only 3 more work days left!). Return on 5/13 @ 11:30am.
We are costco members.

Thanks!

You can check my dates if you wish, we need a minivan and out rate out the door is $395.00. It at National with the KLM code and a $30 cpn.

Our dates are 5/4 @ 9:30am (yea! Only 3 more work days left!). Return on 5/13 @ 11:30am.
We are costco members.

Thanks!

That's a little close for any better rate. Costco was $400.95 with free driver and one free day!

With Alamo, if both you and your spouse are Alamo Insider members, the 2nd driver is free. It's free and you can apply online at the Alamo website. You will each need your own membership number.

Good to know with Alamo I did sign up for the insiders.

I should of added My dates are 5/25 - 5/31.

Costco Budget prices dropped this afternoon - and they have dropped again this evening - 5/25-6/3 down to $156.52 - midsize. I'm breathing a sigh of relief - I never thought the rates were going to drop....

Costco Budget prices dropped this afternoon - and they have dropped again this evening - 5/25-6/3 down to $156.52 - midsize. I'm breathing a sigh of relief - I never thought the rates were going to drop....

What codes are you using?

I just noticed the same thing. I can get a midsize from Budget using the Costco site for about $40.00 less than my current 11 day reservation with Alamo ($157.00 vs $193.00). Right now Alamo through Costco is over $300.00.:scared1: I've only rented through Alamo in the past. How is Budget? still in terminal? second driver free? pick your own car?:confused3

My Alamo rate is now at $267.00 for a 10 day rental.:thumbsup2 I am so happy about this as when I first booked 3 months ago, the price started out around $700. I also have a premium booked for $305.00 but I believe that will be getting cancelled.

Rental prices through costco.com for next week have dropped like a rock. I just reserved a compact from Budget for 5/4 - 10 for $81, tax included!! I don't think I've ever paid so little for a week's rental. Amazing considering the prices started at over $400 a few months ago for the same rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter