May 2013 Car Rental - Best deals?

We are 7 days out - my rate at Budget through Costco just dropped another $5 - We are sitting at $153 for 9 day rental (May 10-19).

I currently have a compact through Budget - May 8 - 18 - for $130.74.
ID - W852873
Q - MUGZ041
These are Costco codes.

There are only two of us, so I don't mind the compact and I'll get better gas mileage. Of course, when I rented a compact out of Sanford, they upgraded me to a Crown Victoria. :rotfl2: Some compact!

costco 165.00 your dates standard.

i'm a costco member...never booked thru them though....how do you do it? is it thru their website or is there a special contract ID?

ETA: nevermind...it's thru their website...I must be doing something wrong...pick up 5/11 @ 0700....drop off 5/18 @ 1700...intermediate for $271 all in....I'm currently booked w/ the SW code and the $30 off coupon for ~$120...what gives?

i'm a costco member...never booked thru them though....how do you do it? is it thru their website or is there a special contract ID?

ETA: nevermind...it's thru their website...I must be doing something wrong...pick up 5/11 @ 0700....drop off 5/18 @ 1700...intermediate for $271 all in....I'm currently booked w/ the SW code and the $30 off coupon for ~$120...what gives?

Rates fluctuate daily... even hourly. Is that $120 all in also? That's a great deal, you should stick with that.

I just checked through the Costco site and got an intermediate car for May 10th pick up 10:00am and drop off May 20th at 3:00pm for $156.05, all fees and taxes included through Budget.

I went ahead and booked it, but am not sure I am going to keep it. I also have a reservation through Alamo for a midsize that I booked last week, for the same dates using the Costco ID, Visa coupon, and Alamo Insiders for $193.00 all taxes and fees. I have only rented through Alamo in the past and like being able to choose my car. For only a $37.00 price difference, which would you go with, Alamo or Budget?

I just checked through the Costco site and got an intermediate car for May 10th pick up 10:00am and drop off May 20th at 3:00pm for $156.05, all fees and taxes included through Budget.

I went ahead and booked it, but am not sure I am going to keep it. I also have a reservation through Alamo for a midsize that I booked last week, for the same dates using the Costco ID, Visa coupon, and Alamo Insiders for $193.00 all taxes and fees. I have only rented through Alamo in the past and like being able to choose my car. For only a $37.00 price difference, which would you go with, Alamo or Budget?

I am in a similar situation - I have a 9 day for $132 via costco budget. My savings are little higher with budget, but we have always used Alamo too. For any savings, I'm prepared to switch - so, if the rates stay the same, I'll go with Budget for the first time - savings is a savings...

Though - historically, this same thing has occurred with Budget being lower, and late Sunday nights within a week or 2 out, the Alamo rates will drop - I'm wishing the same thing will happen this year and resolve this problem. If not, I'm just relieved I have a decent rental rate after the prices we saw only a few weeks ago!

Economy with Budget through Costco $147 incl tax/fees.

Economy with Alamo using Costo ID on Alamo Site with Insider's Coupon for $30 off... $161 incl tax/fees.

For the small difference I'll take Alamo and choose my own vehicle. :cool1:

Still more than last year, but I can live with this rate.

Hello all! Just got half a second to let you all know that I had no problem at all with my Shade of Green reservation. Thing is...
We had a $94.44 rate for Fri. May 3 - Sun May 12 standard w/ $30 coupon SOG p/u and MCO drop off. Came into MCO, took Magical Express to Pop, called for a pickup, got picked up and dropped off at the Car Care Center! ( so don't pay CAr Care Center rates, reserve SOG). It's a dual counter, Alamo and National being serviced. They will shuttle all SOG customers here, and honor whatever rates you were quoted. So for anyone that is concerned, don't be! It's really NOT too good to be true.

Did you call the National Shuttle number? 407-824-3470? Since the rate was the same regardless of car class, did you get a moderate or full size or was it something smaller? How was the car selection? Were they clean and really new, or somewhat 'beat up'?

THanks

Bumping.... Any other experiences? I am arriving tomorrow and have a car booked at SOG for $88 for 9 days. I also have Alamo for $159. Wondering if extra hassles and potential issues are worth it

SharonS said:
Bumping.... Any other experiences? I am arriving tomorrow and have a car booked at SOG for $88 for 9 days. I also have Alamo for $159. Wondering if extra hassles and potential issues are worth it

We had no problems picking up our rental at SOG. Took a cab over and was in and out in a matter of minutes. $32 for a five-day full size car. We'll drop off at MCO on Wednesday evening.

Thanks. What about the quality of the car? Was it in good condition? Low mileage? The previous poster said they picked up at the CarCare Center. Did you also pick up there?

SharonS said:
Thanks. What about the quality of the car? Was it in good condition? Low mileage? The previous poster said they picked up at the CarCare Center. Did you also pick up there?

The car we got was in great condition. A Chevy Malibu, leather seats and lots of bells and whistles. We picked up at SOG, not the Car Care Center.

It's a dual counter, Alamo and National being serviced. They will shuttle all SOG customers here, and honor whatever rates you were quoted. So for anyone that is concerned, don't be! It's really NOT too good to be true.

Hi JerseyGirl: Whenever you get back or have time, do you mind clarifying: did Car Care Center honor the rate you got at SOG, so you didn't even have to go to SOG? If so, that's great but seems like they undercut SOG - especially if each facility has a monthly quota to meet. :confused3 I currently have a Grand Cherokee booked for early June at SOG and trying to see how to handle the shuttle issue.

Thanks and hope you have a great trip!

We are 4 days out now - just re-booked through Costco for a full-size call at Budget for $136.42 (taxes included).

Decided to switch to Alamo and booked a minivan for 7 days for $279.65 total using the Alamo insider's discount plus the free day with 5 day minimum w/Saturday deal retriever special. This is about $20 more than the reservation I had with Dollar, but I like how with Alamo we can check in online, check out quickly with the self service kiosks, and can also choose our vehicle. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter