** May 2020 Check In **

Been looking through the forums the last couple of weeks and finally decided to register today.

I’ll be taking the family from May 3rd to the 8th staying at the GC concierge level. Really looking forward to it as it will be my first time back in over 9 years and the first time with kids.

I got Savi’s workshop and the droid depot booked for the 4th so that should be fun. Probably will book a character breakfast for the day we leave as we’ll be in less of a rush to try and get out and into the park that morning.

Welcome! Wishing you a great trip with your family. Hope you post after your trip is done with pictures and your likes/dislikes on how your trip went.

Welcome! Wishing you a great trip with your family. Hope you post after your trip is done with pictures and your likes/dislikes on how your trip went.

Thanks! Doing the parks with the kiddos is definitely going to be a different experience and I’ll probably have to temper my desires and expectations with regards to what rides we actually get through but I think just seeing their faces light up with all that goes on, the characters, parades, etc. will be more than enough.

I’m also really curious to see how busy the parks will be the week we are going. Seems like it should be decent given that it is past the spring break rush as well as before schools are out and there doesn’t appear to be any massive conferences going on that week for the most part. Fingers crossed!

Visiting Disneyland for the first time ever May17-22, staying at the Disneyland Hotel. So excited for this trip. Can anyone fill me in on "grad nights"? Any tips on how to plan accordingly?

We do as well for May 4th, as well as our Droid depot adventure and our Oga's cantina rezzies. I'm gonna OD on Star Wars, ha who am I kidding, i'm going to be in heaven. :D
I’m really the only one in the family that has a big interest in SW. My wife has never seen any of the movies, my 3yr old of course couldn’t care less, but my 5yr old has some interest and knowledge of various characters so I have a feeling she’ll really enjoy getting to build a lightsaber and a BB8 unit.

Everyone has been added!

Welcome to all the first timers! If you need any help with planning, there are some helpful links at the end of the first post to get you started.

Visiting Disneyland for the first time ever May17-22, staying at the Disneyland Hotel. So excited for this trip. Can anyone fill me in on "grad nights"? Any tips on how to plan accordingly?

Here are some previous posts about grad nites:
The Scoop on Grad Nights at DLR in May and June
grad nites
Grad nights - Are they really that bad?

High school groups are able to pick from 1) Grad nite party only in DCA; 2) All day ticket to DCA; or 3) Parkhopper. I believe the parkhopper option is limited, so DL isn't affected as much as DCA. The groups will be travelling to to the parks together and most won't start arriving until early afternoon, so if you get most of the E-tickets out of the way in the morning and plan to be in DL in the afternoon/evening, you won't feel the effects that much.

There are a lot of varying opinions on them, but I personally don't see them as that big of a deal. I went on a grad nite last year, and the teens were just excited to be there. There was a bit more swearing and some have encountered rowdy groups, but I found them to be as well-behaved as teens can be in large groups.

Are the Girl Scout ceremonies large events? GothicRosie on Instagram posted multiple dates, but I wasn't sure if they were large gatherings that warranted posting on the main page. It looks like the Disney Channel fanfest will be in both parks, so hopefully that will help spread the crowds out a bit (and free up rides during the main events!)

The event is capped at 700 people, but it looks like they only have about half of that currently registered. So, no probably not a significant impact on the parks.

Count me in! We will be doing an all girls trip for my bachlorette weekend! We will be staying at the Disneyland hotel club level " I'm pretty excited as I've never stayed at DLH" we will be there from 5/15-5/17. :flower1: :yay:

We’ll be there May 10-13 at the Grand Californian. Our last time here was in 2018 with other family members, which caused us to skip between the parks, not getting much done. This time it’s just the two of us.

Any adults only Or non small child people going between May 10- 17th?
My hubby and I are going and I thought it might be fun to rise a few rides or even try Chewie mode on Smugglers Run with some peeps.

I went ahead and made our trip official. May 3rd-7th. Couldnt pass up the flight deals and have the peace of mind of being able to cancel if DL cancels too. Have park tickets and flight, just need to figure out where to stay now. Going to be my 2 sons and I for a Star Wars boys trip. Weve only gone once when they were super young 5ish years ago and have never been to DCA, so we're excited.

Count me in! May 19th-29th. Staying offsite that's a very short walk from Downtown Disney and the trams. This will be our family's 4th trip. Here's to the best trip yet!

We’re going 5/2-4. The CM on dining reservation told me WOC refurb is extended to 5/5 😭. Our original dates were 4/27-29 but I moved the dates even though the weekend crowd is worse, to see WOC... I’m so sad

We’re going 5/2-4. The CM on dining reservation told me WOC refurb is extended to 5/5 😭. Our original dates were 4/27-29 but I moved the dates even though the weekend crowd is worse, to see WOC... I’m so sad

I hope that's not case for your trip! If that holds up that would give us only a small chance to see it too. I was looking around both sets of dates you were too. We chose that week too for WoC and any possible May the 4th psuedo celebrations.

I hope that's not case for your trip! If that holds up that would give us only a small chance to see it too. I was looking around both sets of dates you were too. We chose that week too for WoC and any possible May the 4th psuedo celebrations.
Our reason for changing the dates is exactly the same! I was hoping to see F! on Friday as it’s only on weekends, then WoC and partake in May 4th celebration 😭. WoC dining package was shown available for 5/2 so I tried making a reservation but none of the restaurants had available times. So I called and the CM said that the refurb is now extended...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter